Mafia Baby Mafia - Main thread.

i'm not planning to use my ability until the end if the mafia:town ratio gets a little too close to equal. it doesn't help me gather information unfortunately.
Post automatically merged:

okay fr now i'm going to bed
Would it be possible to have a little bit of information on your ability though? Now that @kikotoot pointed it out, we’re 2 rounds away from being close to townies/Squirtle Squad ratio, so it seems pretty close to me... you wouldn’t need to disclose everything though unless there’s really a reasoning behind not disclosing anything!

i believe rosie more based on what you said about your ability being similar to hers. while mistreil is in a similar situation with equity, it just doesn't feel right (two stars? why not a star and a pirahna plant or someth). i feel like one of them is likely just made up rather than them both being so similar-but-not-similar.

so it's rosie v mistreil, and equity v mistreil... either rosie and equity are both squirtle squad, or just mistreil is, and mistreil seems more likely rn because the rosie/equity side seems extremely messy and not like a coordinated effort lol

also i know we're talking about the mistreil situation but tessa's non-information ability... she still didn't say anything about it. lots of us have non-information abilities but we still at least shared a little something
kay istg i will sleep and rest my head on my pillow after this, ig i'll reveal my ability but it might make me a mafia target hehe (probably not) C:

my ability allows me to overturn a vote, unless it's for myself. it only has a 75% chance of working as well. for example, say everyone wanted to vote you, shellbell, but i felt really against that. so, i could use my ability within the last hour of the day and all the votes would be switched to the person i voted for. if the leading vote is all for me, however, i can't change the vote. idk if we're allowed to disclose the name of it, but that's just a short summary.

the good news is i also have something called 'determination.' so as long as i hold on... so as long as i do what's in my heart... I believe i can do the right thing
Would it be possible to have a little bit of information on your ability though? Now that @kikotoot pointed it out, we’re 2 rounds away from being close to townies/Squirtle Squad ratio, so it seems pretty close to me... you wouldn’t need to disclose everything though unless there’s really a reasoning behind not disclosing anything!

(just adding this quote so you get notified)

my ability allows me to overturn a vote, unless it's for myself. it only has a 75% chance of working as well. for example, say everyone wanted to vote you, shellbell, but i felt really against that. so, i could use my ability within the last hour of the day and all the votes would be switched to the person i voted for. if the leading vote is all for me, however, i can't change the vote.
whoa that's power

@Equity It's okay, you don't have to say. It was more out of curiosity.

I don't think Mistreil was lying about having a star. It seems like a useful item for mafia to have, as it grants immunity for one day + one night. That means it protects from both daytime elimination and nighttime assignation. I can see shawo giving one to a townie and one to a mafia actually, to keep it balanced.

Now whether they visited Kilza or not.. I'm starting to think they actually just got caught out by Rosie, rather than they're both telling the truth and there's some secret deceptive mafia ability (I know, I'm so fickle and keep flip flopping).

Edit: Okay and now Tessa gave enough detail to have me convinced she is truthful. I'm 99% voting Mistreil unless they change my mind.

Last edited:
there's some secret deceptive mafia ability
you mean... BlooperMK8.png
a blooper that might mess up readings?? i don't think it's likely that if it were to exist, the squirtle squad knew exactly to use it on rosie though.

the good news is i also have something called 'determination.' so as long as i hold on... so as long as i do what's in my heart... I believe i can do the right thing

Ok i know you're sleeping so apologies for the ping, but when I first read this I thought you had two powers and I was like "Ok, this psychic ability that shawo bestowed unto you to always make the right calls sounds pretty OP" and then I realized that you meant it like you yourself have determination, and I went 🥺

It absolutely kills me but I think voting Mistreil might actually be the best option here

the boo powerup makes so much sense though! and rosie's ability does seem a little OP

kay istg i will sleep and rest my head on my pillow after this, ig i'll reveal my ability but it might make me a mafia target hehe (probably not) C:

my ability allows me to overturn a vote, unless it's for myself. it only has a 75% chance of working as well. for example, say everyone wanted to vote you, shellbell, but i felt really against that. so, i could use my ability within the last hour of the day and all the votes would be switched to the person i voted for. if the leading vote is all for me, however, i can't change the vote. idk if we're allowed to disclose the name of it, but that's just a short summary.

(just adding this quote so you get notified)
That’s a really interesting ability; I understand why you wouldn’t want to disclose of it until the very end! If you were a townie, I can understand why Squirtle Squad would want you out, but if you’re part of Squirtle Squad, this ability would be very useful to win the game, hence you wanting to keep it a secret until the very end!

@Kattea, I wouldn’t mind telling you about it though, just wanted to make sure I’m within the limits of the rules/regulations of the game! Having re-read my PM, it’s actually not an ability! I acquired the item (star) via an item box, so similar to what @BungoTheElf and @shellbell mentioned!

tbh, the only people left who have not disclosed their current abilities are Bungo and Emolga 👀

not related but i'm currently listening to the death note sound track while thinking about all the tidbits and who to vote for... it's.... perfect.

and my gut is telling me to vote mistreil. so i'll put that in as i don't think i can wake up before noon tomorrow. sorry mistreil it's not personal, i love the memes, this is business.

and then I realized that you meant it like you yourself have determination, and I went 🥺

Lol, Tessa is funny.

Emolga said his ability is protecting others, along with something else which he is keeping hidden. I think it checks out, since we don't have anyone else playing a protective role.

Emolga! ok, so, I'd really *really* love to hear more about your ability or what you're waiting for to use it best. From the two 'starter' 'single-use' abilities we know of (mine and rosie's), they've been able to provide pretty good information. Yours so far sounds like a non-information ability. Is there any way we can plan using it to get information? Or is it really absolutely best no one knows what it is and you keep it for a moment you have planned
Question 1: I'm waiting for when we get close to endgame or if we're abt to lose to give us more time
Question 2: Mine is not an info one, but I can think of I scenario where I can catch a mafia with the weapon
Question 3: Don't wanna completely give it way, but I'm dropping as many hints as I can

And when I say 'give it away' I'm mainly talking abt the weapon that hasn't been disclosed yet

u guys rly made up 6 LONGASSPAGES WHILST I WAS ASLEEP HUH

I have gone over this twice (there's a lot so I'm sorry to miss things - it's a ton to take in at once and I'm probably gonna go away and think about it again after posting lmao)

According to the TBT Encyclopedia Maftannica, Godfather is the following: "A mafia role that comes up as innocent on investigation reports." Going by this definition, how would a godfather not show up in Rosetti's report? Does a godfather also have an "invisibility" ability? Am I missing something? I believe she would have gotten two names (if there were a godfather present during that night); however, one would have been labelled as "innocent" (godfather). This was my take-away from the TBT Encyclopedia Maftannica thread, but do correct me if I'm wrong! I'm not eliminating the possibility of there being a godfather, but I do believe that if a godfather was present that night, their name would have showed up!

I am still learning abilities/ v new to mafia lmao - so if this is how a godfather ability works, it only protects themselves right? And this would only work with 'living' players? For example (I'm not using ppl in the thread so i will make up a scenario):
decective: can investigate a role of someone alive
mafia (without ability): in normal circumstances, would come up as a mafia when read by detective
mafia (WITH the godfather ability): comes up as a townie/hidden by the ability

in the context of my ability, I am not really a detective - I can only see people who have visited/taken actions on a dead player, therefore I believe a godfather ability would have nothing to do with my item/ability - if I'm wrong someone pls correct me

thank you i hope it was educational

i didn't argue with the read you got -- i said i can't visit people and in other mafia games theres roles that let mafia appear as someone else on visit reports and stuff like driver

my stance is: i cannot visit anyone, so any visits that involve me involved some other party playing around

is... is your item not mario kart themed??
i was under the assumption that everyone's was since mine was but maybe im wrong. like i was assuming shell's was golden mushroom or something like that
unknown.png

but anyways theres.. a very obvious item that comes to mind there??
BooMK8.png

and no im not talking about vrisnem, hi vris

boo??? the ghost in mario kart THAT STEALS ITEMS???

see above for this too
the specific wording was that a boo swooped in and stole my star

and no, i didn't say anything about my item previously since i didnt really have a reason to disclose it

also can someone please confirm for me whether your items/abilities are like... mario-themed??

i didn't need to play safe because i was trying to bribe the squirtle squad to keep me alive with memes and was hoping theyd do something like

unknown.png

also i have to use my item at night -> that means i have to pick a very specific day that i want to go hard on

in terms of my mafia playstyle i also just really don't like sussing people unless i have hard evidence
because its so easy to be wrong and sus people based off completely wrong things/squirtle squad trickery/etc.

ALSO WHY ARE YOU FORGETTING MY KIKOBELL CONTRIBUTION
unknown.png

THIS WAS LIKE... THE ONE THING I THOUGHT MIGHT ACTUALLY BE HELPFUL

ilu2 ♥

ill get to my sus list later because my work day just ended and presentation is important for that. also long.

i feel like you're overcomplicating this -- it could be as simple as "there's a role that makes visits from [squirtle squad member] seem like they come from [someone else]" and they decided to use me as [someone else]

and being real here i was pretty sure most people would try to check me early on to see if they could trust my clownery or not
if the squirtle squad was going to mess with someone (along with killing all the bellflowers) i feel like they'd pick me because it'd have the funniest outcome

but i could be wrong and everyone couldve avoided me because its the obvious choice

as of yesterday i think the only "confirmed" skills were:
  • shellbell is a durashell battery or some equivalent
  • kikotoot had something that could check alignment
shellbell's skill could potentially recharge mafia, so they might want to keep shell alive for that
kiko was under suspicion by karma yesterday (before karma switched to sussing emolga. and then karma died.)

if kiko is part of the squirtle squad, then there's no reason to kill shell. if kiko's not, then there was enough doubt going around to not instantly kill them

from what i read, NIGHT2 was kiko but apparently they didn't get charged up? supposedly

my item is not mario themed at all (which also made me a lil confused as to why there are mario items and could easily fake having an item by picking a mario themed one LMAO)

IM SORRY FOR FORGETTING UR KIKOBELL GRAPH ITS V GOOD I APOLOGISE

ok idk how to split up quotes but i want to copy paste mistreils wording here:
"""""i feel like you're overcomplicating this -- it could be as simple as "there's a role that makes visits from [squirtle squad member] seem like they come from [someone else]" and they decided to use me as [someone else]"""" - mistreil, 2021.

this has helped me understand that scenario so much more thank you lmao, IF this is the case then I still find it odd mafia would use two abilities on you when we're only two nights in, (taking your ability AND framing you) - however this rules the possibilities of the mafia abilities:

mafia 1: can steal townies/other abilities
mafia 2: has some kind of mask ability/ can hide their kills?/ is not visible on reports involving visitation (HOWEVER why does it not just say instead that 'no one visited', I would like to know if they specifically chose you or if this is randomised)
mafia 3: ????something else lmao

My main wants before we hit night again are a few more details from Emolga and Equity on their abilities so we can coordinate better going into tonight if that's possible. I'm useless unless I get my ability back from shell (which I'm kinda doubting). I'm a little nervous about rosetti and Emolga, but that's largely because it does not bode well for us if either of them are squirtles. The primary remaining evidence surrounding them is that rosetti is in conflict with mistreil, so one of them is likely not telling the complete truth, and I'm inclined to believe Mistreil. (there's also the bit about rosie saying that shellbell charged them the first night maybe? but I can confirm that shellbell's action (whatever it was) had *no effect* on anyone; and then for Emolga it's the wishy-washy ness with their ability (not needing a recharge one moment, then needing a recharge the next, then being a multi-function, difficult-to-comprehend ability that we can't know about despite what's already been revealed).

whoops nvm, I *can't* confirm shellbell's ability had no effect night one, only that it was used

I would appreciate if you could elaborate on why you're inclined to believe mistreil over me

I'm too confused about emolgas ability - it doesnt seem item based and more like an action thing??? lmao what??

Rosie can you confirm that in your nightly messages the first night, you were told that you were "charged"? in like a clear-cut/explicit way?

it was worded as an item box was thrown/passed to me - however why are you asking specific questions like this? We know shells townie, especially if you used your ability on her, so I don't fully know the intentions behind the concentration on this
basically - you have known shell is 'safe'/townie from night 1 - after this point your behaviour should have no illusion to question that fact (I would look back through posts if i had time - if i somehow live tonight i might on day 4 lmao)

going through a few posts after this quote - you have a lot of Qs concerning townies messages and the wording... but you should already know this if you truly had this detective ability, it would be the same right? Honestly to me this looks like a mafia trying to act as a townie and appear 'accurate'

I find it SO suspicious that:

1 - kiko was super quiet day 1, but chose to use their ability night 1 on someone obviously townie without pushing questions during the day (like compare that to how many questions kiko asks now), once pressure was applied, kiko has completely changed their behaviour drastically

2 - that fact you had access to your ability night 1????? I get the impression the majority of us didnt - so this skews the pattern, especially with a fairly 'powerful' role of detective, I'm kinda not buying it anymore lmao

3 - the push to have a recharge night 2, honestly I think you could be mafia, used your mafia ability night 1, and want a recharge on your ability so you can use it again, maybe you were the one to use the 'mask' ability or whatever on Kilza and frame Mistreil if she's telling the truth

4 - you're super active, asking a lot of Qs and seem to analyse the situation pretty well, HOWEVER - why was this not the case in using your 'detective' ability, I think you chose to clear shell to get her on your good side so you could get that recharge on that maf ability

ok I'm up to the point of reading equitys ability which is also a star???? but a more specific star that mistreils? (as in equity included more details than mistreil) I honestly don't know what to think LMAO

list of peoples abilities (pls also compare this to potential mafia abilities as listed above)

shell: recharger
me: dead reader/can see who visited dead players
kat: can see who visited alive players (i believe??)
mistreil: immunity (or did rip)
equity: death star thing
kiko: """""""detective""""""""
tessa: vote thing ability
emolga: unclear
lynn: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LMAO PLS SAY WHAT IT IS

Looking at this list, it's important to consider that there are TWO/THREE mafia members in there - we HAVE to consider people lying (which is why I wasn't believing mistreil)

honestly, I only voted mistreil because of what my ability/item told me, that to me was hard evidence - however if it's true that mafia have this masking ability thing I'm pretty bummed my ability has essentially been useless LMAO and I feel significantly less confident
Right now, im most sus of kiko - I'm not going to change my vote on mistreil however as I was confident at the time (I AM NOT NOW WITH ALL THIS INFO LOL) and don't want to lose any credibility in my initial stance/thoughts

On the tessa situation/sus, she was one of the first people to openly talk about her ability (I forgot to quote but it's page 5 I believe) - she specified how she doesn't get info on it/knows what it is until later (similarly to me and Kat), I honestly don't really read her as scum and find it interesting the people who are pushing on this more so than focusing on other people (ignoring kikos behaviour)

looking at the abilities list - I want to hear more from emolga, lynn and kiko - otherwise I'm not town leaning any of them rn

💜

LOL THANK U FOR READING
this is my final day of uni (im so busy help) - I apologise if I don't find the time to post again before the day ends xo

Hmmm well
Now after reading rosies post now im a lil sus of kiko and idk who to trust anymore LMAO
Also after seeing more about tessas ability I'll change my vote, also the whole mistreil thing is weird but I wanna put my faith in rosie, maybe mistreil is just really good at lying idk IM SORRY MISTREIL NOTHING PERSONNEL KID 😔
Man i just wish we got role death reveals immediately rather than a day or whatever later

and I realize now how sus I look without revealing anything about my item to here it is:
it is not mario themed
BECAUSE of what it is i was scared you'd think i was maf
Now i realize the game would really be towards their favor if they had it and could win somewhat easily??? I think
It's not info-based
If mistreil is telling the truth about the boo I hope it's a one time use bc we don't want mafia to get their hands on my item
My item is also one time use
Im hesitant to use it tbh and might save it for after night if we can gather more info

hopefully u guys can pick up what im saying unless uwant me to say it straight up i can do that too buttttt

Ok more than stealing it im worried theyre gonna straight up kill me now LOL umm and idk who to trust anymore

so again either i go with my own gut or i wait til next day, hope i dont die and hope u all have info

idk this game is twisted with its made up items and roster 😭😭😭😭

Last edited:
it is 7am and im on my phone still and probably going back to sleep

tessa's skill is definitely interesting though im a bit skeptical. the best proof would be for them to use it at some point

the star situation is confusing and the only thing i can think of is... the mk n64 star lasts longer than other stars???

on the other hand a part of me is just. would shawo give me a star with a different effect just to mess with us? yes. absolutely -- i would not be surprised at all

ANYWAYS im still not sure about tessa's ability and would honestly just like to see it in action. so please save me from this vote and i will give you more memes

i dont know if their overturned vote requires someone else to be voted or not and quite frankly i am much too tired to go through everything to reevaluate my position on everyone with the new info.

im going to just put my vote on kiko instead since theres been more contention there and i agree with equity and rosie that there isnt much reason for rosie to lie (so id rather think theyre being mislead and they are safe)

BUT ANYWAYS @thetessagrace id like it if you overturned todays vote just to show youre not lying about your ability. also because i think today is the only day left where we can possibly make a mistake with votes and still be okay

understandable if you dont though
(also dont worry about voting me yall. its fine youre just voting me as the first president of baby park)

im going back to sleep but i will be back before noon to make more memes

Wait
We don't stan finals
Hmmm I'm not sure what you wanna know/what you're confused abt specifically but I'll try my best 😔
-My "item" is mario based, my ability however, isn't
-It's something that can do 2 things
-Helps in moments of desperation
-Wasn't an ability I picked up on Day 1
(I mean if there was something else you wanted to know we could do like a q&a)

Back