• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Bacon Boy's Official Fan-Fic Contest

Not a bad idea. I remember when we used to have Fan-Fic contests way back one.

2009 ftw. : P

Anyway, a few pointers, you may want to expand so that's it's more than Animal Crossing topic. Also define two pages. Because there's a difference between short story and fan fic. Fan-fics can be any amounts of lengths. Besides, the less limitations the better, as people will be able to put their creativity into more than just simple words.

Sorry, I'm sorta a writer. : r

Topic Moved: The Museum.

OddCrazyMe said:
Not a bad idea. I remember when we used to have Fan-Fic contests way back one.

2009 ftw. : P

Anyway, a few pointers, you may want to expand so that's it's more than Animal Crossing topic. Also define two pages. Because there's a difference between short story and fan fic. Fan-fics can be any amounts of lengths. Besides, the less limitations the better, as people will be able to put their creativity into more than just simple words.

Sorry, I'm sorta a writer. : r

Topic Moved: The Museum.
so am I, it's my profession. But, anyway, this should be fun. And you've gotta think, if this works, then we might have a lot of entries, so I'm limiting the fan-fics to 1-2 pages each.

Hey bacon.

Not that I'd like to burst your bubble, but why have judges? You could just have a poll so that people could vote for their favorite, and that way, everyone, including yourself, could participate.

Yeah, everyone wants to be a judge but you probably won't get many entries.

OddCrazyMe said:
Hey bacon.

Not that I'd like to burst your bubble, but why have judges? You could just have a poll so that people could vote for their favorite, and that way, everyone, including yourself, could participate.
While that's a good idea, I think that means the poll would be HUGE, and i mean EPIC huge. It might be easier to just have judges. I think the huge poll would make it hard for users to see all the submissions in a huge list, not to mention having to read them all, too. 3 judges could just read the submissions instead of having biased users.

KingKombat said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Hey bacon.

While that's a good idea, I think that means the poll would be HUGE, and i mean EPIC huge. It might be easier to just have judges. I think the huge poll would make it hard for users to see all the submissions in a huge list, not to mention having to read them all, too. 3 judges could just read the submissions instead of having biased users.
Well the poll options would be the story titles and authors, and the stories would be in the actual post.

And the entire forum is much less biased than three people.

nigel91 said:
i already have three. And polls wouldnt work, cause everyone would vote for theirs :\...

Bacon Boy said:
nigel91 said:
i already have three. And polls wouldnt work, cause everyone would vote for theirs :\...
Bacon, not everyone in the forum is going to write. You'd be lucky to get a few. There are around 20 active members on the forum. There might be 3 entries.

There's no need to judge.

And as Jman said, an entire forum is less biased than 3 (now 4) judges. What's the judge going to do? Say he likes one particular?

OddCrazyMe said:
Bacon Boy said:
nigel91 said:
Bacon, not everyone in the forum is going to write. You'd be lucky to get a few. There are around 20 active members on the forum. There might be 3 entries.

There's no need to judge.

And as Jman said, an entire forum is less biased than 3 (now 4) judges. What's the judge going to do? Say he likes one particular?
wait aren't there only 3 judges?

and, still, i think it's better if we have judges overall, not a poll. that's just how it's traditionally done EVERYWHERE.

Back