• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Banjo plays New Leaf - for the first time ever!

Paid off my first loan!
20201020_223100.jpg

And had an adorable visitor at the camp!
20201020_223055.jpg

Omg Pudge is not favourite, also trying to find a map rn
I wouldn't call him a favorite, but as the first bear in Bearvale, I'll probably never get rid of him. Lazy villagers are a lot of fun though, and he's no exception to that.

It took me a few restarts to decide on a map, mostly because I didn't know what the buildings were and also because I didn't want all the houses crowded together from the get-go. I also wanted a nice river and bridge placement to get everything started. And I wanted some neat villagers that I either heard of or liked at first glance. I am a little disappointed right now that Jacques is moving in only because that means I now have three birds, and I wanted more variety. I'm thinking of inviting Ursala and maybe Eloise.

I wouldn't call him a favorite, but as the first bear in Bearvale, I'll probably never get rid of him. Lazy villagers are a lot of fun though, and he's no exception to that.

It took me a few restarts to decide on a map, mostly because I didn't know what the buildings were and also because I didn't want all the houses crowded together from the get-go. I also wanted a nice river and bridge placement to get everything started. And I wanted some neat villagers that I either heard of or liked at first glance. I am a little disappointed right now that Jacques is moving in only because that means I now have three birds, and I wanted more variety. I'm thinking of inviting Ursala and maybe Eloise.
That's why I'm taking loads of time to find the BEST map ever, I dont wanna end up hating my town

Careful you don't spend so much time on a map and end up with villagers you don't like! Though really all villagers deserve love, it's hard sometimes to look beyond their outward appearances.
Post automatically merged:

Whoa whoa whoa! Tortimer used to be the mayor?! Glad I played Wild World otherwise I would have no context aside from the Smash stage!

And I can visit his island!?!

Careful you don't spend so much time on a map and end up with villagers you don't like! Though really all villagers deserve love, it's hard sometimes to look beyond their outward appearances.

Whoa whoa whoa! Tortimer used to be the mayor?! Glad I played Wild World otherwise I would have no context aside from the Smash stage!

And I can visit his island!?!
Your right, probably should pick one soon! I'm getting bored of the name I picked, do u have any suggestions, kinda want it nature/weather inspired

It's so nice to read all these experiences! It's like I'm being thrown back in time, haha. Glad you're enjoying the game! I poured hundreds of hours into it.
Tortimer's island is a LOT of fun! I won't spoil it for you, but I'm still waiting for it to come to NH because I spent so. much. time. there! I think you'll love it, it's a completely unique feature of New Leaf.

Your right, probably should pick one soon! I'm getting bored of the name I picked, do u have any suggestions, kinda want it nature/weather inspired
Eight characters is tough. Bear takes up four of them so not much more you can do with it....🐻 😂

Woodland, Treedale, Everwood, A Forest. I'm terrible with naming things.

Oh oh I have it! EVERBEAR

Aurora gave me mangoes, so I finally have some different and tropical fruit!
20201021_181945.jpg

I'm liking how my house is coming along at far, though I still have a long way to go!
20201021_181940.jpg

Invited the best bear I knew to the camp! And she's gonna move in!
20201021_181934.jpg

Lastly but certainly not least, Sable and I are best buds!
20201021_182105.jpg

Last edited:
I was just putting some stuff up in the flea market when I happened to realize that the throne that Elvis gave me can be sold for 200,000?!
Ek5IXEyUUAAg_pM.jpg

So guess who's paying off his next loan already and also finishing the donations for the suspension bridge?

I spoke too soon, didn't have enough to finish the loan after I finished the donation for the bridge...
Ek5Ie40VgAABVEG.jpg

On a completely different note, Pelly seemed to have more personality in Wild World than in New Leaf, probably due to the more dialogue options than what we get in this. Makes me a little sad.

Also on a different note, Chrissy gave me a mama bear!

Last edited:
Took a stroll last night and bumped into my favorite pal, Fang!
Ek5ICV4UUAEBdzY.jpg

Yes, yes it is.

Also checked out the aquarium for the first time! Pretty neat.
Ek5IKMRUUAAzgMF.jpg

Well let me tell you how exciting today was!

Gulliver was here! Totally got it wrong but I'm sending him to New Zealand so maybe he'll return with the one ring or something idk.
20201022_190614.jpg

I also stopped by Fang's house and got a sweet picture!
20201022_190624.jpg

More importantly and interestingly though, I visited Tortimer's island for the first time!! I should've taken more pictures but there was so much to take in.

Let's start with the picture I did take.
20201022_190619.jpg

Holy cow do I love this guy now. Both trips made me laugh and I fully expect to keep laughing each time I go.

But WOW was there a lot to do. I don't get the badges yet but I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. I did manage to catch quite a few new bugs and fish, and also got lemons and bananas! When I went back to my island though, I thought I could move my mango tree like in NH but it turns out you can't and I lost my only mango for now.

Anyways really enjoyed it, even the swimming! Interesting that something simple like jellyfish didn't make it into NH as an obstacle when swimming or diving.

But WOW was there a lot to do. I don't get the badges yet but I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. I did manage to catch quite a few new bugs and fish, and also got lemons and bananas! When I went back to my island though, I thought I could move my mango tree like in NH but it turns out you can't and I lost my only mango for now.
Once you reach certain milestones in the game, you'll find a character named Phineas wandering around your town and he'll give you whatever badge you've earned.

Also, sorry about your mango. New Leaf is not as forgiving as New Horizons. Only bananas and coconuts can be planted on the beach, everything else has to be planted in the town.

Love your Lord of the Rings reference too! :love:

Once you reach certain milestones in the game, you'll find a character named Phineas wandering around your town and he'll give you whatever badge you've earned.

Also, sorry about your mango. New Leaf is not as forgiving as New Horizons. Only bananas and coconuts can be planted on the beach, everything else has to be planted in the town.

Love your Lord of the Rings reference too! :love:
Thanks for the tip! The badges I was referring to were the ones to buy things on Tortimer Island, but I figured out that it's what you get for going on tours! I'll be trying that out sometime today hopefully.

Lots of stuff happening today!

Katrina was visiting today. No real clue yet what she does, but I'm guessing she tells me what the tree item is today? Something about an ornate top...
ElClOXaVMAAUw5L.jpg

Went back to Tortimer's Island to do some tours and get some more fruit. Was able to snag some mangoes, lychee, and durian. Got to hear Kapp'n's singing again though which is all I really want now.
ElClX33U8AA9Pnw.jpg

Aurora invited me over!
ElClEaEUwAASNOW.jpg

Chrissy is leaving on the 30th! She's my direct neighbor, but I'll be glad to have a new face on the island.
ElB35jVUUAUxOts.jpg

There's some construction on main street?! And no posting about it. Hoping it's the Roost, but we'll see!
ElB4MN0UcAAYJn4.jpg

Lastly, had my first celebration for the completed bridge! It was just like in NH so nothing too special...
ElB4EeRUUAATtCg.jpg

Have a nice weekend!

Felt cute, might delete later idk
ElFwM0zUYAEdz1M.jpg

Working on making a true cabin exterior. The one day that there was cabin exterior at Nook Homes was the day I was expanding my house so Tom wouldn't let me do two things at once :(

Back