• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Banjo plays New Leaf - for the first time ever!

Another fun day!

Fang asked me to find Jacques and bring him over, which was an interesting and different request I hadn't had before so that was fun!
20201024_181847.jpg

20201024_181842.jpg

Visited Pudge at home and he told me about this amazing superpower that he has to tell time with his tummy!?
20201024_181837.jpg

Also looks like the new shop is Leif's!
20201024_181852.jpg

Lastly, today there was a lost item, my first in NL and while not as easy as in NH I found it to be more fun. Ended up being Aurora's!
20201024_181859.jpg

There's also a meteor shower tonight that I've yet to attend but I'm excited!

Meteor shower was about the same as in NH, but today I got an item in the mail?! There's some correlation between number of wishes and the item I bet.

Also invited Cole to move in and I was glad to see you can easily keep asking Wisp to pick someone else to move out. Kicking Peck out to make room for Cole. I may invite 1 more villager, either Rod or Roald. I do want some differences in my villagers between this and NH after all, but I can't resist my favorites.
Post automatically merged:

My current profile!
Screenshot_20201025-084242.png

Quickly decided on Rod, the only mouse that I know I like. With him in the town, I have all the personalities, with 2 each of Lazy and Cranky. After Chrissy moves out, I'll wait and see who randomly takes her place, but may invite Bluebear to fill the peppy/bear slot to make the town 40% bears. Well, not counting me of course.

Last edited:
Nothing super duper exciting today, but...

The Nooklings will be expanding tomorrow, FINALLY! I'm digging the fact that they actually have sales too.
ElMJPNqUwAAsIHQ.jpg

Groucho is unpacking! Bear number 3 in town!
ElMJFB5UUAARliQ.jpg

Something is being built on main street! I'm guessing Kicks but I'll find out tomorrow! Side note - I love that there are always birds in front of Leif's.
ElMJaj5VkAAnUHr.jpg

This weird hatless seagull was at the camp today. I think he's a doppelganger, can't be the real Gulliver without that swanky captain's hat.
ElMI6b4UUAEpYe9.jpg

Have a great day everyone!

One big thing I am liking much more in this than in New Horizons is that the option to talk has way more possibilities. In New Horizons, only when they have the little thought bubble do they have requests for you, or the possibility of them moving, stuff like that. In New Leaf, it seems that sometimes they come running after you, but other times they may just have requests for you in normal conversation and there's no way for you to know that something's going to happen until you talk to them. A little more mysterious but it makes talking to villagers more interesting.

Last edited:
One big thing I am liking much more in this than in New Horizons is that the option to talk has way more possibilities. In New Horizons, only when they have the little thought bubble do they have requests for you, or the possibility of them moving, stuff like that. In New Leaf, it seems that sometimes they come running after you, but other times they may just have requests for you in normal conversation and there's no way for you to know that something's going to happen until you talk to them. A little more mysterious but it makes talking to villagers more interesting.

Enjoying seeing you get into NL! I'm playing both games side by side to accurately compare the two!
But jumping in to say that this is not accurate :) Talking can result in requests in NH as well. :) You just have to talk to them 4-5 times in a row. I do 7-8 requests a day all by this method. They do not have to ping you :) Granted it is much faster in NL.

Enjoying seeing you get into NL! I'm playing both games side by side to accurately compare the two!
But jumping in to say that this is not accurate :) Talking can result in requests in NH as well. :) You just have to talk to them 4-5 times in a row. I do 7-8 requests a day all by this method. They do not have to ping you :) Granted it is much faster in NL.
Good to know!

Another not very exciting day. Both Nooklings Junction and the other new store are still under construction, so I just did my daily chores. Lemons and bananas were ripe so I was able to get a handful of new fruit sold which turned a good profit. Jacques also wanted to hang at my place. An interesting request from Pudge was to bury a time capsule, and I'm looking forward to the day that he wants me to fetch it.

Otherwise, caught Fang on main street again
20201026_164507.jpg

And started chopping down a few trees to make some nice stumps near the river
20201026_164511.jpg

This is my favourite thread
Thank you! That means a lot!

Oh let me tell you about today!

Today...the day that Fang wanted to hang out at MY PLACE!!!
ElW4zTGVgAAF_IP.jpg

ElW4-Z5VMAYQXnA.jpg

Keep up, buddy!
ElW5FRhVcAAf5cs.jpg

ElW5OSBUwAElJpn.jpg

It was short but worthwhile! I had a blast. I worry if I wander around town too much before coming home that they'll ditch and be mad, but maybe next time if it happens again I'll go on a best buds adventure with him, maybe check out the waterfall or something.

Also amazing, T&T Mart is open and WHAT'S THIS?!
ElW5YuDUcAAGa5m.jpg

Why was this not in NH!? This is the most amazing tool ever!

Finally got the slingshot today! Also accidentally opened a package meant for Aurora because I thought it was the balloon gift. Oh well!

ElbhBknVgAAV2aN.jpg

Digby in the rain is adorable!

ElbhKseU0AAN06y.jpg

Met this shifty fella who turned out to be an amazing visitor! Can't wait to get some K.K. songs finally!
ElbhduSU4AA_MSg.jpg

Groucho is down!
ElbhVgIVkAABjYu.jpg

As are Fang and Ursala, along with some others!

Visited Rod's house for the first time today after he officially moved in and unpacked. I knew he was a pirate-themed mouse, but...
ElbhyyTUcAAoUjT.jpg

His house is so cool!

I like the little touches here and there, like...
ElbjyfwUYAAIDm6.jpg

how when it rains, Harvey covers the items with a canopy! How considerate!

I was right by the way!
ElbhkXLU0AAKUfb.jpg

Kicks is in town! Not a great selection today but I'll keep checking every day!

One note I am noticing about conversations in NL vs NH - if you're in the middle of a villager request in NL, you can still talk to that villager for whom the request is for, whereas in NH you can't talk to them (normal chat I mean) until you finish. For example, if a villager asks you to deliver a gift to another villager in NH, you need to do that before you can give the requester a present yourself. Or even just have a regular conversation. I like that in NL I can still have normal conversations with villagers if I haven't completed a request yet, and even that the frequency in which I am acquiring villager requests is wayyy higher. I get at least 3 a day, within an hour of each other. Really adds to the depth of fun each day!

One thing I wish that they had in NL that they didn't have in NH either was the option to talk to the NPCs about regular stuff. I don't want to just talk to the Nooklings or Isabelle about business, I want to get to know them! That's why I really do love talking to Sable, because while she is just an NPC that you can't do anything more with but talk to her, she adds a layer of intrigue to the visits to Able Sisters in both games. Like, what will you learn next time you talk with her? Or what adorable, caring thing will she say?

Hi! I'm glad your enjoying New leaf, and the comparisons between NL and NH are really interesting! I don't own NH and don't think I'll be getting it anytime soon.

How dare you call shrunk shifty.:cry:😭
I'm joking, I completely forget what my first thought of him was.

I couldn't tell what he was at first! But I've quickly learned to say yes to everything in this game, and in this series in general!

Also for the record, NH is a lot of fun. Every AC game is fun in it's own way. They are each new and different ways to hang out with your own animal buddies!

I don't usually play at 8:00 a.m., because that's usually the time I'm playing New Horizons, but dang that 8:00 a.m. music is something.

I finally got my first gyroids today!
20201029_175156.jpg

And my first nickname! Though I don't really care for it.
20201029_175151.jpg

I'm enjoying Leif much more in this than in NH. He's like a little sloth version of Bob Ross. Everything is happy!
20201029_175205.jpg

Also checked out Cole's house. Very different from his NH home. I like it more.
20201029_175201.jpg

I have a date with Fang at my place later tonight. Looking forward to that! Quantity and quality of requests continue to keep me very interested.

Groucho told me to stay awesome. That makes me feel good! I thought the cranky villagers were supposed to be meaner?
20201029_220444.jpg

Also earlier today Pudge wanted me to fetch Jacques for him to ask about a good italian place to eat. This of course led to the running of the red flannels.
20201029_220441.jpg

While I of course prefer the nicer, HD look of the museum in New Horizons, I have to say I'm much prefer the name card style that New Leaf uses for each critter. It does get slightly annoying to hear Blathers say the same thing every time you give him something, but it makes more sense for each individual critter placard to have more information about the critter instead of having to bring a fresh sample of that critter to Blathers to have him tell you about it.

At this current time, I have to give New Leaf a slight lead over New Horizons in terms of overall enjoyment of the game. Generally, it seems to me that New Horizons focuses a lot more on the individual player experience with customizations around the island, whereas New Leaf seems to focus much more on the community in game, meaning relationships with villagers and general interactions with NPCs. I played New Horizons for a week ish to get through the trial period to be able to completely control everything on the island, where New Leaf feels like a living, breathing community of animals that I look forward to see every day, and there continues to be new experiences thrown at me at regular intervals. I used to feel the same way about New Horizons, but the repetitiveness of what the game has to offer just doesn't hold up the way that New Leaf does.

At least that's my opinion at this point in time.

Another small thing that I keep forgetting to mention but that I'm really, really am grateful for in this game is that items fall out of trees when you hit them with an axe. In New Horizons, if I chop down a tree that had an item in it, it's gone. And if I didn't get the items in the trees before I started chopping trees down, there's a chance that I chopped down the trees that had items in it and I'll never be able to get the item. And that would drive me crazy, especially when I was terraforming.

Short but sweet day

Saw a rainbow!
20201030_195629.jpg

Caught Rod trying to be an exhibit in the art section of the museum!
20201030_195644.jpg

Cole opened up to me about wanting to be best buds!
20201030_195639.jpg

What a sweet guy!

I'm glad to see that you're enjoying New Leaf! How that New Horizons is the big thing now, it's nice to see people still playing this one. It's also nice to see that you're doing pretty well starting in this game!

It's my birthday!

I wasn't expecting anything crazy since I've only been playing for a couple weeks, but...
ElqFsICVMAAcZ01.jpg

ElqFw15U8AE4T2k.jpg

ElqF1uNVkAE1gto.jpg

FANG WAS AT MY PARTY!

ElqF7WjVMAA15Yg.jpg

WOOHOO! That made my day.

Overall, New Horizons definitely has a way more exciting and enjoyable celebration, but this was adorable nonetheless.

Excited for Halloween shenanigans tonight!

Back