• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Best Friend Chat

I don't have any IRL friends who play, so I'll most likely add some of my friends here on TBT. It's a pretty cool feature.

None of my IRL friends play AC at all. But I have a good amount of online friends who are going to play ^^ only certain ones will be BF's though

From linsandko latest video I saw that once the person is in town it doesn't work and it seems that you need your gate closed for it to work.
but farther into the video talking about it I am not sure if I heard it right but it sounded that you can indeed chat with your best friend while both are in town. Just asking if that doable or not?
Only if you open your gate to local wireless, this disengages the internet connection. If your local you can just physically speak anyway, or, if you have each others friends codes registered, still join each others via internet if you still wish to keep best friends chat open.

Just going to break down this reply here...

If your BF is in your town, why would you use the BF chat....

...since you can use the regular chat when they are in your town?

BF chat is for communication for friends that aren't in your town but are online.

Because regular chat doesn't have chat log, you'll miss what they say if you happen to be changing map or room at the same time they send the message.

Just wondering if anyone is going to be using things like Skype to talk to their friends whilst playing?

Depends. If I can convince my Aussie friend to get the game, and to get Skype, then I'll use it with him. I'd much rather since I love his accent lol

I know I'll be using Skype over text chat in game. Much more convenient to actually talk to your friends instead of having to stop and type.

Just wondering if anyone is going to be using things like Skype to talk to their friends whilst playing?

I've given it some thought, but I probably won't as I don't have a wireless headset and don't want to be stuck in front of my computer while playing AC. At least this game goes back to stylus typing, which is much easier to do than using a Wii Remote.

Yeah same here, Prof Gallows
And since I have it in my phone, I can just have it propped up if he wants video, or just keep it to voice chat and have my hands free and not be in front of a computer or laptop lol

Oh jake you're marrying Justin? I would love to come to the wedding and reception ;D

It seems like a really useful feature, seeing who is online at the time, the chat isn't so vital to me.
If I am to play with someone, I'll likely just message them on something else if I can get a hold of them.

It seems like a really useful feature, seeing who is online at the time, the chat isn't so vital to me.
If I am to play with someone, I'll likely just message them on something else if I can get a hold of them.

I use my 3DS status message to say what I'm playing and if my gate is open normally.
Though there is always the if you visit them through dream world one day or something.
Either way, I like being able to do that.
It makes connecting with when my friends are online easier atleast.

To me it seems more like a way to give a quick greeting and to tell people to get on better chat clients.

To me it seems more like a way to give a quick greeting and to tell people to get on better chat clients.

Yeah, like you can use Skype and stuff but if your friend it not on there and you want to chat than Best Friend Chat them to tell than when you are gonna open gates/get on skype(or another chat) again.

I have one RL friend who will be getting ACNL as well (we both got a 3DS for that reason), so I suppose she'll be added to my best friend list. :p

Also, I heard that Skype will be available on the 3DS in May 2013, so that will be convenient to use during wifi play. :)

Back