• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

'Best friends' and messages

Dreddnarz

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I've tried to find the answer to this but haven't had any luck so far (apologies if already answered elsewhere).

I have seen the feature for live chat between 'Best friends' that are both online, but I wanted to know if it is possible to send mail and gifts through the AC postal system to your friends also (even if they are offline)?

Thanks in advance.

No. You have to be in their town to send them mail.

Wait, so it's not like City Folk or Wild World where you could send them letters via the Post Office, and they would get it in a couple of days? I thought that's was what the Post Office was for, as well as sending them to your villagers.

I don't remember being able to do that in CF. But, I didn't see an option for writing a letter to someone out of town in New Leaf, just villagers. Unless I overlooked it.

... You can send a letter to your friend by sending it at the Post Office... I'm confused. You can do this in all of the games (the ones that had wifi I mean). What do you guys mean? :confused:

Whaaaa~ ?
No, please! I loved this feature!
I've always been so happy when getting letters from my Wi-Fi-friends. When I played CF the first time after a couple of months of absence, I got a letter of an old friend who said that he missed me. And he sent this chocolate box with it.
It was just nice to be able to surprise your friends with cute letters and presents :(

They can't remove this feature!

I can't seem to find the ability to send letters to your friends from your own post office, unlike Animal Crossing: City Folk did. Even after several attempts, it seems like that the feature is axed. The only explanation I could come up is due of the fact that it's better suited for console Animal Crossing games...

I can't seem to find the ability to send letters to your friends from your own post office, unlike Animal Crossing: City Folk did. Even after several attempts, it seems like that the feature is axed. The only explanation I could come up is due of the fact that it's better suited for console Animal Crossing games...

Did you go to the post office in the mall and talk to Pelly on the mail mat? I can't possibly think they have taken it out. That would be just... stupid! I know Nintendo is not that stupid! :D

Did you go to the post office in the mall and talk to Pelly on the mail mat? I can't possibly think they have taken it out. That would be just... stupid! I know Nintendo is not that stupid! :D

It's gone. Options are:

>In this town
>To me in the future
>[Cancel]

Wait, so it's not like City Folk or Wild World where you could send them letters via the Post Office, and they would get it in a couple of days? I thought that's was what the Post Office was for, as well as sending them to your villagers.

This was not an option on Wild World, lol. City Folk maybe.......

I think in Wild World you could send letters but you had to send via your mates post office. I wonder what its like in this game.

Whaaaa~ ?
No, please! I loved this feature!
I've always been so happy when getting letters from my Wi-Fi-friends. When I played CF the first time after a couple of months of absence, I got a letter of an old friend who said that he missed me. And he sent this chocolate box with it.
It was just nice to be able to surprise your friends with cute letters and presents :(

They can't remove this feature!

Same here, it was fun using this feature. I had a friend from school having sent 6 letters to me.

You can't be serious.. Do you have any registered AC friends? Or do you have your internet/wifi turned on? If no, that's probably the problem... Unless Nintendo thought that you can just send messages via the Best Friend option, that you don't need the letter... I hope they haven;t taken it out. I mean, I loved giving friends special stationary with a nice long message and cute gift when it was their birthday.. ;_;

You can't be serious.. Do you have any registered AC friends? Or do you have your internet/wifi turned on? If no, that's probably the problem... Unless Nintendo thought that you can just send messages via the Best Friend option, that you don't need the letter... I hope they haven;t taken it out. I mean, I loved giving friends special stationary with a nice long message and cute gift when it was their birthday.. ;_;

that's pretty much what happened. Since the BF message system pretty much guarantees that you and your friend are BOTH on the internet, might as well come and visit and give them the present yourself.

I kind of like it. I like the immediacy of the messages from my BF list.

that's pretty much what happened. Since the BF message system pretty much guarantees that you and your friend are BOTH on the internet, might as well come and visit and give them the present yourself.

I kind of like it. I like the immediacy of the messages from my BF list.

Still... Options Nintendo! Options! Yes, the Best Friend system might be sufficient for sending messages, but don't take out the option of doing it the old fashioned way! :(

"Says in the manual of the game, you cannot send letters to friends from your post office, you have to be in their town and send to them. which kind of defeat the purpose T.T"
That was the answer i got on the acc forums, my mind is trying to reboot itself.

"Says in the manual of the game, you cannot send letters to friends from your post office, you have to be in their town and send to them. which kind of defeat the purpose T.T"
That was the answer i got on the acc forums, my mind is trying to reboot itself.

This is sad... What if one person doesn't want to go to the other person's town, or can't/doesn't have the time/live in different time zones where it is pretty much impossible for one to talk?

I agree that this is pretty inconvenient and unfortunate....
I don't have any friends that play animal crossing so I've never really done the mail thing, but I like the idea of being able to send mail without visiting their town.
If you're able to visit their town when they're not online, then I can see where that would be alright because then you could just make your way over to their town and send them the letter and it would still be a surprise for them in a way.
But I don't know if that's possible.

I guess they say: If you want to send a message, become bffs and send messages to each other instantly. That's all fine, but sometimes the specialty of getting a little letter in the mail box with rainbow stationary and a cute little stuffed teddy or another type of present with it is hard to come by. Please AC, don't go 'Technical' and Internet' with us! One of the reasons I like AC so much is because it's like an old fashioned, little village where everything is simple and happy. Now they think sending letters is getting too old like in real life, so they have to do their form of: 'texting' instead. As I said before, don't get rid of something Nintendo, give options so we can choose to do the old fashioned way or the new way, just like in real life (some people still have pen pals).

Back