Birdwatching (Evergreen Cabin)

Yeah, I'm thinking similarly
First of one of four (octopuses) with eight (legs)?
First of one of four (games in -insert game series here-) with eight (???)

How about personalities? There are eight personalities in the game, half are male and half are female.... but then I get lost. I also thought about the possibility of there being 4 AC games with 8 personalities, but I'm not sure if that's right or which one came first.

the problem with this is everyone's theories make sense to me! i think we're definitely interpreting it correctly with the whole 'first in a set of four to have 8 --', it's just the actual filling in the blanks that's going to be the problem

How about personalities? There are eight personalities in the game, half are male and half are female.... but then I get lost. I also thought about the possibility of there being 4 AC games with 8 personalities, but I'm not sure if that's right or which one came first.
this could be going somewhere cause it says half speak up (females) and half speak down (males)

idk I'm trying here 😆😆

Honestly the last part is what confuses me the most
"with one exception you may be seen even if no one is around"

what is the exception... and why would you be seen with no one around aside from that exception?

Is this probably it? Lists go up and down plus it's related to personalities, y'all see any birds?

Is this probably it? Lists go up and down plus it's related to personalities, y'all see any birds?
I looked through the thread but didn't see any there.

I also thought about the NL dream address thread, because NL, HHD, PC, and NH all have 8 personalities (and AF but I'm not sure how much you can interact with the villagers since I haven't played it), and NL is the first of those, plus you can tell Luna if the dream was good/bad, and it kind of fits with the town being 'seen' but technically no one is around? There were also four categories of towns listed there, too. I didn't see any birds there though.

Honestly the last part is what confuses me the most
"with one exception you may be seen even if no one is around"

what is the exception... and why would you be seen with no one around aside from that exception?
YES! This is also throwing me off big time! Although, @/Verecund's suggestion about 'dreams' is a good one. I was also thinking about Resetti in Wild World, since he always knew if you didn't save the game but I feel like that's too farfetched.

The other issue is figuring out whether this is a CLUE or PUZZLE 😭 (ofc, we can always test out for the puzzle, but looking for a clue blindly is much harder)

I had been thinking it had something to do with the moon phases/ theme changes cycle since I think the original post said there would be 8 moon cycles in the new theme? And that could be seen on the site even if nobody was around? And it goes up and down (ie the sun)….

idk if I’m grasping at straws here but that’s one thing I’ve been toying with…

I also looked at things like the new island tours to incorporate some of the dream ideas others had mentioned but that didn’t pan out. I thought I had something with the number of mods (ie who can see you when nobody is around) but I think there’s 9…

Wildly guessing over here!!! 😂

I have so many thoughts, but most of them don't seem to fit the whole clue

I thought it could be referring to the eight personalities, but after considering the syntax some more, I'm not sure if that's the case. Notice the clue says "Half may speak up or down" and not "Half may speak up and the other half down." To be fair, I could just be overthinking it, though. 🥴

"[...] with one exception you may be seen even if no one is around" leads me to think of an NPC that stays out until 5 AM in-game, when none of the other villagers would be out and about. But there is more than one NPC who fits this criteria, if I remember correctly?

Gosh, this is bothering me so much, LOL.

oops nm. just thought about it more and that doesn’t make sense

Last edited:
I looked through the thread but didn't see any there.

I also thought about the NL dream address thread, because NL, HHD, PC, and NH all have 8 personalities (and AF but I'm not sure how much you can interact with the villagers since I haven't played it), and NL is the first of those, plus you can tell Luna if the dream was good/bad, and it kind of fits with the town being 'seen' but technically no one is around? There were also four categories of towns listed there, too. I didn't see any birds there though.

Happy Home Showcase also might fit the "being seen when no one is around" part as well, since your player character shows up in front of your house in that area, but I wouldn't know what to do with that information.

" with one exception you may be seen even if no one is around. "

Maybe this is related to livestreaming or spectator mode?

Back