• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Black Friday; Is it really worth it?

Is black friday worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 53 71.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got a $15 copy of ACNL and a bundle for $150 I have nothing to complain about

idk if it's just over here but everything's p organized

Just buy online! Most of the deals can easily be gotten online, refresh for a few minutes, if you don't get it no big deal. It's like shop restocks on TBT lol.

I'm actually just about to go with my friends, but I feel terrible for the workers. Even going just makes me feel bad, but I really want Smash Bros Wii U and I want to witness the craziness with my friends.

First world problems.

Welp, it's not like I have a huge wishlist. Just a couple video games and some books, really.
I don't buy stuff for the heck of it, and I have to think carefully before buying something I want because I'm on a fixed income. I typically don't go out and get new stuff unless it's broken or falling apart. So, I usually don't buy stuff unless I can save a few bucks...and if none of the sales interest me, I don't spend anything.

all the retail employees have to deal with the savagery as early as 6 PM on Thanksgiving, a time when a lot of them would like to be home with their families.

well it's they're choice to work there so : )))))))))

Dunno. Except two games on Steam I kinda wanted and I have nothing to play there really atm not really. Plus it's not that huge over here even though they try lol.

Went to game today to buy alpha sapphire and was in queue for an hour :-c

Did my black Friday last night!! Picked up bae!! My new 46" Samsung smart tv and fifa 15 and new ps4 controller for a STEAL!!

Black Friday wasn't that bad when I went out. There were a lot more people out, but I can't tell whether it was because of 'Black Friday' or whether it's just overall Christmas shopping crowds.

There was this one instance in GAME (UK game store) when I was queing to buy my Amiibo's though...
The woman in front of me just started going on a rant and the lady in front of her about...Something. "You've got some f***ing cheek don't you? Some of us are in here getting some f***ing discounts and you're being like that, you selfish b****? I don't have to put up with this s***, I don't have to sit in a crappy game store wasting money on crap and you think you can act like this? You're making this que f***ing horrible for everybody".

I'm quite confrontational though (despite usually being quite) when I see something 'wrong' and the lady she was screaming at didn't do anything wrong as far as I could see, other than waiting in line quietly on her own and looking rather timid and uncomfortable...I'm pretty sure she was about to just cry and walk off.

"Errrm, excuse me. Why exactly are you shouting and swearing, especially with kids around? I'm pretty sure she's done nothing wrong as I've been stood here as long as you have and haven't seen a damn thing. Also, where are all these 'discounts' you're ranting about because I haven't seen a single discount other than the ones that have been on offer in here for the past 2 weeks so please, show me where they are, because I would really like to get in on these 'special' discounts you mentioned. You're also the one making this experience uncomfortable for everybody and I think you've just insulted half the store by labeling all this stuff 'crap', so either shut up and wait your turn like a normal person or f*** off and buy something you consider 'worthwhile'"

That experience really p***ed me off, but she left straight afterwards when the staff "did nothing to help her" and she decided that she "doesn't have to put up with this slander from a bunch of socially ******** nerds".
I started talking with the girl though as she was pretty grateful about it and we exchanged 3DS friend codes so we can play Animal Crossing together at some point.

Back