• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

BUNNY DAY 2021 Begins! (March 28th to April 4th) 🥚🐰

Rosch

the best loaf
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Galaxy Cupcake
Glowing Butterfly Spirit
Enchanted Bloom
Lily of the Valley
Shooting Star
Zipper is back again! From March 28th to April 4th, get ready to be bombarded with eggs.

But first, make sure you game is updated to ver1.9.0a (emphasis on 'a'). You can check this on the upper-right corner of the title screen when you load the game. If you have the right version, then Zipper should be around your island.

I will only provide the basic list of Bunny Day. But if you want a more comprehensive guide, please check this one:

If this is your first time doing Bunny Day, then Zipper should give you the Bunny Day bed DIY recipe. If not, he'll give you 10 eggs of a certain type.

If you already have everything from last year's Bunny Day, then the only new things you'd want are the items from Nook's Cranny.

Bunny Day DIY Recipes obtainable from egg balloons or bottles:
  • Bunny Day fence
  • Bunny Day stool
  • Bunny Day table
  • Bunny Day vanity
  • Bunny Day wardrobe
  • Bunny Day festive balloons
  • Bunny Day merry balloons
  • Bunny Day glowy garland
  • Bunny Day lamp
  • Bunny Day wall clock
  • Bunny Day wall
  • Bunny Day flooring
  • Bunny Day rug
  • Bunny Day wreath
Bunny Day DIY Recipes obtained through special methods:
  • Bunny Day bag - a villager will run up to you and give it
  • Bunny Day crown - a villager will run up to you and give it
  • Bunny Day arch - talk to Zipper on April 4th
  • Wobbling Zipper toy - craft every Bunny Day DIY (including the arch), then talk to Zipper
  • Bunny Day wand - craft the Wobbling Zipper toy, then talk to Zipper
Non-DIY Bunny Day items:
All items, except the basket, are newly introduced in ver1.9.0.
  • Bunny Day garden flag* - purchase from Nook's Cranny
  • Bunny Day planter box* - purchase from Nook's Cranny
  • Bunny Day candy* - purchase from Nook's Cranny
  • Bunny Day topiary* - purchase from Nook's Cranny
  • Bunny Day tree* - purchase from Nook's Cranny
  • Bunny Day basket - give Zipper one of each egg type on April 4th
Bunny Day DIY clothing:
Each egg outfit has 3 DIYs: a shell (hat), outfit, & shoes. Keep collecting eggs of each type to learn them all. Some are learned after 16 eggs, while some are 12. It's been so long, I forgot. Just keep collecting.
  • Sky-egg shell, outfit, shoes - keep collecting sky eggs
  • Wood-egg shell, outfit, shoes - keep collecting wood eggs
  • Earth-egg shell, outfit, shoes - keep collecting earth eggs
  • Stone-egg shell, outfit, shoes - keep collecting stone eggs
  • Water-egg shell, outfit, shoes - keep collecting water eggs
  • leaf-egg shell, outfit, shoes - keep collecting leaf eggs
  • Egg party outfit - learn all the egg clothing above
  • Egg party hat - learn all the egg clothing above

How to collect the Eggs:
In order to craft everything, you need eggs. TONS of them. Eggs can only be found outside. You can also find eggs on Mystery Islands (especially for those stone eggs).
  • Sky egg - shoot down egg balloons
  • Wood egg - chop trees
  • Earth egg - dig up fossil marks
  • Stone egg - hit rocks
  • Water egg - fish medium sized shadows
  • Leaf egg - shake trees with eggs as fruits

Have an egg-citing week!

Last edited:
Thank you for the reminder!
I’ll probably try for some of the items that nooks will be selling. I want to find out if the tiny flag is customizable.

Also for some reason I thought the Forsythia Was part of the bunny day. I was wrong.

Last edited:
I'm more depressed about Bunny Day than Zipper is when you're not near him. All of the egg spam from last year except almost nothing new this time. At least it only lasts a week this year.

This feels just the same as it was last year. The only difference is that they added in 5 new Bunny day items to the Nook Shop and it seems like they added that villagers will run up to you when they mentioned that they have a Bunny Day DIY. This seems strange to me because I remember last year when Zipper was on your island on the final day, you would be able to trade eggs with him, if you had trouble finding certain eggs and of course finding the Bunny Day DIYS was a lot harder since they were in Balloons. I don't see that mentioned in the article. So yeah its exactly the same as I remember it.

Again I am not going to do this event again. While people will be happy with this event since they never played it last year, I am just going to stay far away from the event until its over. I made that a promise to myself and I am not going to break it. I've never like this event and I am never replaying it. Sorry to be so negative, but I just don't like this event.

Last edited:
I am not a huge fan of ‘Easter’ style decorations, and my husband had a bad time playing bunny day last year (I did not yet have a switch). So o always felt just fine about having missed it.
But I actually am excited about playing it now!

if for no other reason than the fun of collecting all these recipes I am missing, and experiencing a new event, I think it could be fun!

and though I have not yet gotten to the point where I am bored with the game (I kind of wish I would get bored 😅 already!) it is always nice to have something new and fun and novel to do.

so hip hop hurray for bunny day!🐰🥳

I am not a huge fan of ‘Easter’ style decorations, and my husband had a bad time playing bunny day last year (I did not yet have a switch). So o always felt just fine about having missed it.
But I actually am excited about playing it now!

if for no other reason than the fun of collecting all these recipes I am missing, and experiencing a new event, I think it could be fun!

and though I have not yet gotten to the point where I am bored with the game (I kind of wish I would get bored 😅 already!) it is always nice to have something new and fun and novel to do.

so hip hop hurray for bunny day!🐰🥳
Just be warned that all these eggs will cover your island and remember all the materials you use to get will be mostly replaced by the eggs. So I really hoped you saved up enough materials to craft the Bunny Day items. You're gonna need it because last year they really made it hard to earn materials because of the eggs. I am just saying how it is.

I'm excited for the new items in Nooks Cranny! They look a lot cuter than the diy items that we had last year, I might actually use these

I actually really like Bunny Day and the new items are very cute. ☺️ I'm glad they added some new stuff... hopefully they keep doing that for future events. I probably won't go egg hunting or bother with balloons since I have a ton saved up from last year, but my island is definitely getting a pastel makeover.

I'm excited to see my mom experiencing the event for the first time. I think she's gonna have a blast collecting all the eggs except the water eggs- she loves fishing and is so disappointed when she gets trash instead haha She never learnt how to hit rocks so I'm going to help her with that and leave all the eggs on her door.

I liked the event last year and I really like the new items. I won't be "actively" participating because I already have all the rewards, but I'll be a nice change of pace to read the dialogue and all that.

Bunny Day this year would be far more relaxing than the chaos that is was last year. At least this time, the cherry blossom season will only merge with it on April 1-4, and April 5-10 will be just cherry blossoms and no more eggs.

I also won't be actively hunting for eggs. I'll just buy the new items and that's it.

This is my first bunnyday and I am quite enjoying it. It gives me a reason to do stuff again that I haven’t done (a lot) lately such as hitting rocks and gathering wood.

does anyone know if the spawn rates/times for the egg balloons are the same as for normal balloons?

I hopped (pun not intended!) onto the game this morning and spoke to Zipper etc. Then I had two villagers run up to me to give me a surplus of eggs! One gave me sky eggs and one gave me water eggs. Perhaps my memory is failing me, but I don’t remember them doing this last year? Is it something they’ve added this year? If anyone who has a better memory than me knows, please confirm. 🙈

I actually really like the Nooks items! Nice touch this time around 😊 I’m already feeling a tad deflated from seeing all of the eggs buried around my island & popping out of my rocks 😪

villagers ping you to give 5-10 eggs at a time. i don't remember them doing that last year but it was super helpful when i wasn't finding any sky eggs.

villagers ping you to give 5-10 eggs at a time. i don't remember them doing that last year but it was super helpful when i wasn't finding any sky eggs.
That said, the egg balloons rarely come by for me. I guess they really nerfed the spawn rate. At least from what I've obseeved.

Back