• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

BUNNY DAY 2021 Begins! (March 28th to April 4th) πŸ₯šπŸ°

I don't quite understand why people like to complain about bunny day not being something crazy new compared to last year.. it's not like New Leaf added new features every year for bunny day, so why should New Horizons do it? >->
I never played New Leaf, so I'm not too familiar with this kind of stuff. πŸ˜…

It's just strange to me to have repeating events with the exact same stuff, which wouldn't give someone like me who played the event last year an incentive to engage at all. <shrugs>

I wonder if the prizes for the fishing tourney this year will be the same as before, too.
I have already gotten all the 4 Nookmile achievements for it, so if the prizes were the same....there's no point to participate πŸ˜ͺ

I’m having a good time with this event even if I don’t like the items much.
one thing i’ve noticed is the balloons seem to be spawning in pairs for me? like there’s a sky egg balloon and then a regular balloon that might have a bunny day diy or a regular prize. don’t know if thats a feature or just my luck but its cool

So what I'm hearing is.. don't open my game for the next week? Got it πŸ’€

Last edited:
While I won't be using them for any purpose, I'm a little bit of a completionist, so sign me down.

I’m having a good time with this event even if I don’t like the items much.
one thing i’ve noticed is the balloons seem to be spawning in pairs for me? like there’s a sky egg balloon and then a regular balloon that might have a bunny day diy or a regular prize. don’t know if thats a feature or just my luck but its cool
I noticed the same thing!

I don't quite understand why people like to complain about bunny day not being something crazy new compared to last year.. it's not like New Leaf added new features every year for bunny day, so why should New Horizons do it? >->
I will try to calmly explain why Bunny Day was hated in the first placed. So back in April 1st 2020 is when Bunny Day originally started. Zipper visits your island and then once you talk to him all the eggs appear all over the island, including Nook Mile islands. The reason why this went out of control was because the spawn rate of the eggs was too high and people were having a hard time getting materials. Keep in mind this was 2 weeks after the game came out in March 20, 2020.

The problem was the Bunny Day messed up several events like the Cherry Blossom event where there were supposed to be DIYS for the Cherry Blossom but the Bunny Day balloons containing the DIYS and Sky eggs were in the way so people had a rough time trying to get the Cherry Blossom DIYS. Not to mention it messed up the whole Fishing Journey when you had a lot of people trying to get fish but all they kept getting was Water eggs instead.

It got so bad that Nintendo had to quickly fix the spawn rate of the eggs, while it did help the Bunny Day event kept on going on longer than it needed to be so it lasted 2 weeks and it finally ended by April 14th 2020. I will say with the new Bunny Day 2021 that its going to last for only 1 week until April 4th, 2021 and the spawn rates of the eggs have been fixed and its more balanced than it was last year. So yeah thats the reason why people hate this event so much. Just trying to give context of what happened because I was one of those players who experienced Bunny Day last year.

I will try to calmly explain why Bunny Day was hated in the first placed. So back in April 1st 2020 is when Bunny Day originally started. Zipper visits your island and then once you talk to him all the eggs appear all over the island, including Nook Mile islands. The reason why this went out of control was because the spawn rate of the eggs was too high and people were having a hard time getting materials. Keep in mind this was 2 weeks after the game came out in March 20, 2020.

The problem was the Bunny Day messed up several events like the Cherry Blossom event where there were supposed to be DIYS for the Cherry Blossom but the Bunny Day balloons containing the DIYS and Sky eggs were in the way so people had a rough time trying to get the Cherry Blossom DIYS. Not to mention it messed up the whole Fishing Journey when you had a lot of people trying to get fish but all they kept getting was Water eggs instead.

It got so bad that Nintendo had to quickly fix the spawn rate of the eggs, while it did help the Bunny Day event kept on going on longer than it needed to be so it lasted 2 weeks and it finally ended by April 14th 2020. I will say with the new Bunny Day 2021 that its going to last for only 1 week until April 4th, 2021 and the spawn rates of the eggs have been fixed and its more balanced than it was last year. So yeah thats the reason why people hate this event so much. Just trying to give context of what happened because I was one of those players who experienced Bunny Day last year.

I experienced it aswell, I understand why people were upset. But as I said: People want the event to change, while in New Leaf or the other games it was always the same. It doesn't has anything to do with the spawn rates, etc. People want change for the event, which I can understand to make it more interesting, but at the same time I've never seen such complains for the older titles.

I experienced it aswell, I understand why people were upset. But as I said: People want the event to change, while in New Leaf or the other games it was always the same. It doesn't has anything to do with the spawn rates, etc. People want change for the event, which I can understand to make it more interesting, but at the same time I've never seen such complains for the older titles.
Well sadly I haven't seen any new Bunny Day DIYS and considering that I got most of them (including the Zipper Toy and Bunny Day Wand) I just don't find a reason to replay it again. It plays exactly the same. The only difference I was seeing was that sometimes your villagers would run up to you and tell you they have a Bunny Day DIY or Eggs. I don't remember that from last year but, its apparently a new thing they added.

Played bunny day last year and the whole event was so frustrating because not only was it a new game and I was still finding my way around it also was at the same time as cherry blossom events. I was stupid and prioritised bunny day as that was familiar and also how I earned money in city folk πŸ˜†

A year on I would advise poor me last year that it wasn’t worth the stress. This year I am so glad we have bunny day items that are so much nicer and can be used outside.

B1BB2E38-51D2-442A-993D-0D5CF54B54D6.jpeg

I just want to know if I need to get everything for zippers β€œspecial prize” πŸ™ˆ

I got the bunny hedge plant thingies from the shop today and I love them so much
When my other half gets off my switch (pioneers of olive town) ill upload a pic of where they have gone.

But I don't think I'm going to take them down after bunny day is over.

I think bunny day furniture is going to actually just be on my island going forward. Its that good and changes my park area that much.

Surprisingly happy with what they added for this year!

i've barely stepped out of my house and i already see an earth egg. it begins...

I love the new bunny day items! It's a nice incentive to re-play the event (though you can get them through Nooks). I'm still not sure if I got all DIY from last year, so it'll be nice to check.

Bunny Day is new for me. I'm a bit of a completionist, so I'll be getting those recipes during the upcoming long weekend just to have them in my collection, even though I can't see myself using many/any of them. I do like the Bunny Day tree that I got from Nook's Cranny, though, so it looks like I might be using some of the new items.

I was a bit disappointed at the sight of Zipper, since I didn't find him to look as terrifying as the memes put him out to be. His design is quite fun, and the zipper along his back got a chuckle out of me.

Finding the right-sized fish shadows has reminded me of how long it's been since I went fishing, haha.

I had a couple villagers run up and give me eggs today but neither of the new DIYs.

Does that happen on a certain day or is it random?

Am I the only one who is bugged that you can't get behind Zipper anymore to try and mess with his zipper?

As long as the event doesn't interfere with the cherry blossom recipes I don't care too much about Bunny day. I missed so many recipes last year because of bunny day smh πŸ˜’ I will say some of the new items look cute and I can maybe fit them into my pastel theme but, I don't know.

Thanks for telling me this as i was unsure what was new
Post automatically merged:

I’m so glad they let us buy multiple copies of the bunny day items from Nooks. I got the planter today and it is gorgeous. All the new bunny day stuff is nice. It seems orderable from the catalog too though I’m not sure if after the bunny day event period ends it still will be?
Planter? You mean the bunny day topiary?

Back