Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Yellow Caboose
Mint
Vesta
My friend has been raving about these crayons called "Twistables" by Crayola. I bought some, and will give them a try....when i'm not so lazy to color. Let's be honest, i'll use them tomorrow. I have a bunch of unfinished coloring books, so i'm determining whether to bring my coloring books to day-hab tomorrow, or just see if there's a "Monday Mandela" class tomorrow and just use them there.

About coloring in general, why does it take no mental effort for the average person to color, while for someone like me, it takes a lot of mental effort? Is there anyone else like me who needs more mental effort to color in a coloring page? Am I alone? :p

I had twistables once when I was a teen and I liked them a lot. They didn't get as dull tips as regular crayons and they didn't get wax flakes everywhere. They were really nice for traveling.
I really liked them. I actually got them from a small pharmacy in the town I was living in with a couple of adult coloring books. One was realistic art of sea creatures and the other... I can't remember. This was when adult coloring books started to gain popularity and I believe the twistables were considered new.

I found it really difficult to color as a child and couldn’t stay in the lines to save my life. It required a lot of mental dexterity for me to do it and I always messed up. When I was in the hospital last year during my break from this site I didn’t really have much to do, so I went through at least a dozen large coloring pages during my stay. I spent hours and hours at it for days. Eventually I got better at it and now I can color by hand pretty well as long as it’s with a colored pencil or felt tip marker.

Coloring is a skill like anything else and some are going to struggle with it until they spend a good amount of time doing it. If you find that it requires a lot of effort, but you enjoy doing it don’t let that stop you! Keep at it and I think eventually you’ll get some good results.

Back