• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Giveaway Create a villager contest! - Winners Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished with my entry. There's a bit of a trigger warning for those who don't like to see marred animals.
tumblr_nc1sukqLfa1tc6k96o1_400.png

Name: Tripod (Because he has three legs, like a tripod. I know, I'm terrible :( )
Species: Wolf
Personality Type: Uchi
Birthday: April 4th
Catchphrase: "Ye-owch!"
Clothing: Hospital Gown (not an in-game item)
Accessory: Cone of Shame (not an in-game item)

His fur is inspired by my dog's merle coat.

So, whatever happened to that poor wolf? It must've been something horrible to leave it in that state... :(

So, whatever happened to that poor wolf? It must've been something horrible to leave it in that state... :(

I guess he got mauled by something as a pup and continuously hurt himself because he's really klutzy ; v ;

...I take it that's not a good thing? Since this is a contest for creative and original villagers.
I did not take his design off of Lucky though. B(

I didn't mean it as a bad thing per-say, in fact Lucky is one of my dreamies, it's just they're both dog (like), with an injured theme and have similar catch phrases (rrr-owch)

WOW I'm totally making more of em, then. This is super fun and this game needs more mythological based villagers anyhow ^^

Also totes entering my dog as a villager LOL

Haha I was gonna do that too! Can't wait to see your dog :)

I didn't mean it as a bad thing per-say, in fact Lucky is one of my dreamies, it's just they're both dog (like), with an injured theme and have similar catch phrases (rrr-owch)

How did you expect someone to respond by saying that one thing though? ;; And now you're pointing out their similarities which is really bumming me out since I thought Tripod was well thought out :/ Basically you're sugar coating your words by saying he is unoriginal.

Overall I thought of Lucky as a mummy, not an injured dog. I'm sorry for getting miffed about this since this is supposed to be a fun contest :(

It does sound a little like you're accusing him of basing him off of lucky. Lucky doesn't even seem injured, just a mummy pup. I'm sure he didn't realize what Luckys catchphrase was, but the only thing that makes them similar are the badges.; ; ; ;

It does sound a little like you're accusing him of basing him off of lucky. Lucky doesn't even seem injured, just a mummy pup. I'm sure he didn't realize what Luckys catchphrase was, but the only thing that makes them similar are the badges.; ; ; ;

Yeah, even though I have Lucky as a villager I don't pay attention to catchphrases at all.

is this still going on? not a huge reader

nvm just read 1 more sentence and realized it ends in october.... facepalm

Last edited:
Yann
Lucky's origin is open to interpretation and based on the fact his name is Lucky and on his catch phrase I don't think it's too far of a stretch to say he could be based on an injured dog.

Cecill
I don't think I'm being mean here man, I think you're a great artist and I think Tripod is very cute and I especially love his name.
All I'm trying to do is mention something I noticed and give you a little bit of constructive criticism. If you say you didn't have Lucky in mind when designing Tripod I believe you, but I don't think it's unreasonable say that they are similar designs

They look nothing alike imo,Tripod's design is cool and matureish xD Which is good I guess?Because animal crossing sorta needs to leek out more...uhhhhh Halloweeny stuff out c: I just don't get the greeness - is he suppose to maybe resemble a dead astronomer? Cause that would be pretty cool,plus since people put Lucky and Ankha together alot,I don't think he would fit as a Egyptian wolf.He design's cool though,I just don't like the eye color cx (just being honest sorry if offended)

Here is mine:

OC-Elliott - Copy.jpg
Name: Elliott
Species: Deer
Personality: Jock
Catchphrase: Bruh
Birthday: February 17th
Sign: Aquarius
Enjoys: Jogging to coffee, shopping for sweats at the outlets, chilling at home with his bruh, hanging out with the mayor.
His interests: Getting buff, ab training, videogames, looking good, cooking.
His non-interests: Getting too dirty, cheap, tacky clothes, chocolate ice cream.

Last edited:
They look nothing alike imo,Tripod's design is cool and matureish xD Which is good I guess?Because animal crossing sorta needs to leek out more...uhhhhh Halloweeny stuff out c: I just don't get the greeness - is he suppose to maybe resemble a dead astronomer? Cause that would be pretty cool,plus since people put Lucky and Ankha together alot,I don't think he would fit as a Egyptian wolf.He design's cool though,I just don't like the eye color cx (just being honest sorry if offended)

Not offended at all. I honestly put the green in there because I wanted a color to stick out?? Chose a random color tbh. But now that you mentioned the dead astronomer...LOL-- I'm thinking he could probably be a zombie wolf if I tweaked his design a bit

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yann
Lucky's origin is open to interpretation and based on the fact his name is Lucky and on his catch phrase I don't think it's too far of a stretch to say he could be based on an injured dog.

Cecill
I don't think I'm being mean here man, I think you're a great artist and I think Tripod is very cute and I especially love his name.
All I'm trying to do is mention something I noticed and give you a little bit of constructive criticism. If you say you didn't have Lucky in mind when designing Tripod I believe you, but I don't think it's unreasonable say that they are similar designs

I'm really thankful for the compliment, even though I don't understand how this was constructive criticism.
We can agree to disagree, yeah? I don't want this to get in the way of a fun contest :)

Last edited:
Not offended at all. I honestly put the green in there because I wanted a color to stick out?? Chose a random color tbh. But now that you mentioned the dead astronomer...LOL-- I'm thinking he could probably be a zombie wolf if I tweaked his design a bit
Dude that would be coooool he could be like Isaac Newton or Louis Daguerre and you can alter his catchphrase to like Cheese!Or something xD

Here is mine:

Name: Elliott
Species: Deer
Personality: Jock
Catchphrase: Bruh
Birthday: February 17th
Sign: Aquarius
Enjoys: Jogging to coffee, shopping for sweats at the outlets, chilling at home with his bruh, hanging out with the mayor.
His interests: Getting buff, ab training, videogames, looking good, cooking.
His non-interests: Getting too dirty, cheap, tacky clothes, chocolate ice cream.

I love his catchphrase!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm really thankful for the compliment, even though I don't understand how this was constructive criticism.
We can agree to disagree, yeah? I don't want this to get in the way of a fun contest :)

Fair enough.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here is my second entry

Name: Vienna
Species: Dog
Personality: Normal
Birthday: July 23rd
Catch Phrase: "lil' bit"

Lil'bit was my dachshund on which she is based, another one could be "hot dog!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back