• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Giveaway Create a villager contest! - Winners Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the winners are........

Soooo here's my entry, Kaguya!

View attachment 68377

LONG TALK ABOUT MY VILLAGER AHEAD. YOU CAN SKIP TO THE BOTTOM IF YOU WANT.

I love villagers that reference mythological creatures like Phoebe and Drago and I'd like to see more of those so my villager is just that! Kaguya is based of the moon rabbit legends found in Asian mythology stories and even Aztec legends. Kaguya herself is based mostly on the Japanese and Korean lore of the moon rabbit that say the rabbit is making mochi on the moon, which is why her catchphrase is mochi.

I'm a makeup artist and took a small course on kabuki so the markings on her are very kabuki-inspired and the colors have certain meanings (blue was often used for both melancholic characters and supernatural ones like spirits and such, purples symbolized nobility and sometimes elevation, gold is a color very rarely seen and also for very special characters, women would often wear red around their eyes etc etc). Her ears and tails are supposed to resemble clouds ^^

Her name Kaguya is a reference to the myth of moon princess Kaguya and just like how the Kaguya of the myths left her tearful loved ones behind to go back to the moon, this bunny will leave a tearful YOU with only a letter in your mailbox telling you she left town (as these animals often do DAMNIT LOBO).

She has a normal personality because in most of the myths about the moon rabbit, the rabbit selflessly sacrifices herself for someone else's well being so the normal personality type seemed the most selfless type to me.

She wears the jinbei top as that's the type of clothing worn on summer nights at home or places close to home and her birthday is in summer (on the day the sign of the moon, cancer, rises). I wanted to give her the sailor top as a geek reference to sailor moon LOL but that would have been too much. Instead, that top would be displayed in her house. She has tiny sandals on her feet.

She'd have a house with a lunar horizon and surface, star related furniture like the star globe and star projector, some exotic furniture pieces and KK Lullaby playing.

TL;DR: Kaguya the normal bunny is based of the moon rabbit legends.

Basic villager info:

Species: Rabbit
Personality: Normal
Birthday: June 21
Star Sign: Cancer
Catchphrase: Mochi
Initial Clothes: Jinbei top

Fave saying: "Walk two moons in someone's sandals before judging them."

I chose this for first place because I love how she looks (honestly would be my favourite villager if it was in the game :3). But also because the amount of effort your put into it. The description was awesome and I could tell there was a lot of thought behind it.

mlez6.png

Name: Watson
Species: Cat
Personality type: Uchi
Birthday: January 3rd
Catchphrase: U-Uhmm...
Partner: Sherlock

I love the design and think he is so so cute [I presumed it was a male, even though it has uchi personality]! I also really love the colours you used.

View attachment 69011

Name: Niko
Personality: Normal/Uchi
Species: Wolf
Birthday: July 12th
Shirt: Bronze Hoodie
Accessories: Gold Hairband
Saying: "i'm sorry!"
Dislikes: Loud mouths and being pushed around

also based on Pyrrha Nikos from RWBY (cause she be amazing)

This can only be summed up by two words - so cute! I really love how cute and small she looks. I definitely picture her being a normal just by looking at her.

The next three prizes are extra ones because I loved too many of the entries

aha thats fine!
anyway here's my entry, sorry for the crap quality, i lost my tablet ;_;
gvUX5IX.png

i hope yous like it, nibbles.

Here is my entry!
View attachment 68373
Name: Lilliana
Species: Duck? (Platypus)
Personality: Peppy
Birthday: March 1st (Picies)
Catchphrase: "Flower Power!"
Music: K.K. Stroll

Loves: Flowers, Candy, Butterflies, and Sunny days
Dislikes: Rainy days, and Sad faces

:D

Thanks everyone for the support and wonderful entries! I would have liked to give every entry a prizes,but I only have a certain amount of bells! I would have loved to give prizes a few more because I really loved some of the others!

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh yay~! good luck everyone!

I really loved your entires as well!

Last edited:
Congrats guys!i would've entered but I didn't have enough time on my hands haha~ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back