Crocheting ! ^_^

I really want to learn how to crochet, I have the supplies but Idk where to start
The way I started was by making a scarf! There's so many great tutorials on Youtube, I linked some in the OP. There's one for left-handed and right-handed! :> I hope that helps. If not, @Suguri helped me a lot with a few things I had trouble with! They were such a big help!

But if you're anything like I am, I needed an in-person visual tutorial to learn how to actually crochet at first. My best friend taught me 4 years ago, but she had to teach herself the left-handed way to teach me, since our dominant hands our different xD It was so funny having her watch me attempt to do it right-handed. There were many curse words exchanged that fateful day HAHAH

I am in the process of making another bandana!! I crochet on and off (I have a total of.... 5 finished items I think? And two are really small!) But recently I learned how to make a bandana. I ended up dropping stitches so it's a little lopsided lol but the process was fun! And it's relatively quick to finish which is nice.

I found yarn at Michaels the other day that calls itself marigold but I see candy corn.... so I'm planning to make the bandana and maybe attach a cute candy corn bead that Michaels sells.
20240723_190259.jpg

20240723_190316.jpg

I am learning how to do bobble stitches for this version of the bandana! The previous one i made used filet crochet i think it's called? It looks like little windows!

20240720_150012.jpg

I think, when I have the time, I'm going to make some amigurumi out of certain TBT collectibles to make up for the fact that I can't afford most of them. And here's what I want crochet:
View attachment 560089View attachment 560090View attachment 560091View attachment 560092View attachment 560094View attachment 560095View attachment 560096View attachment 560097View attachment 560098View attachment 560099View attachment 560100View attachment 560101View attachment 560102View attachment 560103View attachment 560104View attachment 560105View attachment 560107
There won't be patterns for the collectibles because I'm not skilled at writing them and I prefer Frankenstein-ing or basing my "original" amigurumi (like my most recent project which I'll show later) on existing patterns, but maybe I'll try it out? IDK. Plus, the problem with the Space Whale plushie (or whatever you call it) is that I can't find any good yarn that's colored like the galaxy, so if anyone can find yarn that's not expensive, can be found in Michael's, and/or is at least close to the plushie's colors, that would be great!

[...]
I'm going to update this post to say a few things.

I found some yarn that was close to what I was looking for a while ago! And of course, it was on Michael's. The brand is Loops & Threads and the yarn is called "Flecks". I picked the dark blue color because it reminded me of a starry sky. Here's a listing if you want to check it out! :D I haven't begun work on the amigurumi Space Whale though. I'll get to it...probably when I have the motivation to.

Plus there are a lot more collectibles I want to crochet than what I listed in my last post, but I won't share the specifics because there are so many of them. So, yeah!

@Suguri I love the flecks yarn!! I think it's so cute with the different speckles in it and it's soft. It can be a little tedious to work with as I find it splits more than other yarns but the end result is very pretty. It'll be perfect for a whale 🥰

I made a tiny hat for my cats lol Mustachio would rather play with it than wear it. Which does give me a good idea though. When I get better at crocheting I'm gonna make cat toys and blankets for the rescue cats I volunteer with

Attachments

• crochethat.jpg
    crochethat.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
  • crochethat2.jpg
    crochethat2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
  • cathat.jpg
    cathat.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 0
20240828_182745.jpg

I finished my bandana!! I'm still planning on getting charms for it but I'm done the crochet part of it. This is a really nice project since it's the same stitches repeated! I don't need to keep count of anything or refer to a pattern once I get started which is nice. 🥰

Back