• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Dang shark shadows.....

MamaMyers

Michael Myers Mom
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Is anyone else having a difficult time catching shark shadows? I know not all the shadows with fins are sharks, but I have only caught one since the 9th....its crazy, I can try 10x in a row and fail every single time! either too slow which is crazy cuz I think im fast, or I am push the button too soon. I do not have a hard time catching anything in the game accept them..

Maybe you'll have better luck on island trips? I normally come back with multiple sharks (regular, hammerhead, saw). I find the listening cue a lot easier than the visual one. Just turn up your 3DS volume and as soon as you hear the bite press A immediately. It is a short window, but it isn't very difficult once you get used to it. Sometimes sharks (and many other fish) can be trolls, though. You don't expect it to bite and then it swims right over and bites first thing, or you'll have to wait 4-5 nibbles before they finally decide to bite. It keeps you on edge that's for sure. :p

Keep trying. :)

Yeah, listening is much better. I can have my 3DS muted and miss every good fish, but if i listen for the splash I get them every time.

For me it also helps to NOT LOOK AT THE SCREEN. Just use your ears. Prevents 90% of my accidental early clicks that way.

Yeah, listening is much better. I can have my 3DS muted and miss every good fish, but if i listen for the splash I get them every time.

For me it also helps to NOT LOOK AT THE SCREEN. Just use your ears. Prevents 90% of my accidental early clicks that way.

The horrendously dissapointing "early click" is my worst enemy :p

Listening for the noise helped me get better at catching sharks too. Sometimes, I panic though and press too early lol

if a shark appears I cast my line then close my eyes,the waiting for the lure to go down messes me up and its much easier to go off the sound then too look at it.
atleast for me anyway

WHAT??? How can you enjoy the awesome game muted?

Mine is on mute a lot too because I play a lot at work and the music will drive my boss nuts LOL. I have yet to catch a shark while playing at work because of this.

Back