Dark Veil 3

"Just a plain coffee." I say and find us seats.
I go to check my phone, but get no wifi or signal. I look through the selfies with the gods and laugh, before going back to rolling around on the floor.

I reach the cafe, where it isn't too crowded. When I walk in, I notice Alex is there. I think Will is too, but with a lack of gegs on I can't be sure without actually approaching them. I should talk to Alex... I think, but I hesitate near the doorway.

I sit down and wait, picking up a blunt knife on the table, I start to play the knife game and make the knife go between my fingers.

"Green tea, please," I reply, smiling. I approach Alex, who seems to be playing the knife game with a butterknife.
"Uh, hi Alex," I say. "Sorry. I went a little too far with... well, everything, really..."

I order Willow's tea and Alex's coffee, getting myself a mocha and croissants. I give everybody their drinks and put the croissants in the middle of the table.

"Sorry," I apologise again, this time for putting her off, then I smile. "Oh, thanks Will."

Last edited:
Unsure of what to say in the awkward silence, I pick up my tea, and have a sip. I move the cup away again, pulling a face.

"So, Will," I try and break the silence. "Do you liiiiiiiiike anyone?" I say in a sing song voice, not sure how to start conversation. I then realise how stupid I just sounded.

"That's gross..." I mutter, trying to wipe it off. I pull a pack of tissues from my pocket and use those to clean myself up.

I pick up my tea and have another sip, when I'm free of frappuccino. "Apparently green tea isn't as juice here as back in England..." I mutter to myself, not really joining in their conversation. "I wonder if that's true of anything else. Maybe the British stuff like Yorkshire puddings, or f*ggots?"

Back