• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

did you keep the weeds on your island?

HeyImDashie

♡
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mailbox
Small Mailbox
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY WEEDS AND WHY ARE THEY SO PRETTY LMAO
i don’t know if i want to get rid of them all or keep them, so what did some of you guys do?

At first I decided to keep the big flowery ones because I liked how they looked but then I went on and got my island together and was like naaaah,, they gotta go ahaha

I picked all the ones I could on day 1. They're prettier than previous weeds but they bugged me being all scattered around.

I yanked them all and kept the max 100 in storage for crafting reasons. Then sold the rest. I was going to keep the small leaf ones but I felt annoyed by them.

I just let them grow and pick them when I need them! Or when I need an empty space for furniture or whatever

I unweeded my entire island in the hope of getting a NookMiles achievement for it... I didn't.

I cleaned all the island! If I do decide to make a nature parth, I'm just going to grab weeds from a nook island and put them where I want. :D

i got rid of them all, i love the clean look of the grass without them

I picked a few that were in places that they shouldn't be (For example walkways as they naturally would get trampled on and disappear) but i've tried to keep my island pretty woodland-y which means weeds in areas people don't walk!

They are great for filling empty space :) I hand place mine around the island

I got rid of the yesterday because I’m hoping to get a perfect island (if that’s even a thing in this game)

Nope. They make the town look messy IMO, and they hinder me too since things cannot be placed on top of them. I learned my lesson the hard way when a balloon present fell on a weed and deleted itself.

Last edited:
I've been slowly getting rid of them to earn Nook Miles. Also I want a perfect town as well, so as nice as the weeds look in this game, they've all got to go eventually.

I found the flowery ones pretty too so I delayed weeding my island. However, once everyone built their houses, I decided to get rid of all the weeds. They only looked pretty when the island was deserted and we were on tents but not anymore when the buildings and houses are built.

i have the majority of them still for the most part since i only really pull them when it’s for nook miles or crafting lol. i’ll probably start to get rid of them in the upcoming days but i kind of like how they make my island look lol

Last edited:
My island is still pretty wild and covered in weeds. My residents would say the place is a mess. When I start to put paths down after I'm able to terraform, I'll clean it up. In the beginning getting rid of the weeds made the grass look too artificial and flat.

I picked all of the weeds except for the ones that look like clovers on my first layer. They are still running wild on my cliffs.

I also picked all the weeds on my whole island in the hopes that something would happen. Nothing happened.

I am considering getting rid of most of the non-fruit trees and just leaving a few to shake for bees but I haven't decided on how I want the layout yet.

I used some for paths just to try it out but I’ll probably remove it because it’s annoying that I can’t chop wood and pick cherries without them disappearing.

I cleared the initial area the first day. After I got the pole, I cleared most of that second area. Now I have the ladder, I'm clearing all of them. I saved a full bundle for crafting, but if I need others, I can always get plenty from island tours.

The first thing I did was pull them all up. I have like 300 in storage just in case.

Back