• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Discuss the AC: New Leaf Prima strategy guide here

Well, maybe I notice the typos and spelling errors more because I used to proofread legal ads for a newspaper. But any respectable publisher should make an attempt to catch things like this. Just makes them look ridiculous otherwise.

I've only done it for some books. I worked for Seven Seas (US company) and did editing for anime light novels like Ballad of a Shinigami. But even before then, I've noticed it. I've been noticing these things in books and other media since elementary school.

To tell the truth, Prima isn't as bad as other things out there for the spelling errors and grammar. That doesn't bother me. It's the factually incorrect and missing things that bother me for a video game guide. I want it to include EVERYTHING about the game.

That's alright. I'll just go down the street to Dorama and buy one of the Japanese catalog guides once I get the NA game. The only reason I'd want an AC guide is for pictures of all of the items so I can try to collect them all. It'll be missing pics of NA-exclusive items, but that's alright. It'll have most of them.

My prima guide for Skyward Sword was just absolutely aweful. :c I really don't think I want to pay even $13 for something like that...

It was about $25 for me with the shipping and its estimated delivery latest the 24th. Which I want to actual make a change to quicker shipping.

GAME will have an Animal crossing guide at some point, they always have a bunch of game guides. Having a guide for it would be a lot of fun, its a pain having to look hairstyles up on the internet all the time and stuff.

I never knew everyone had so many problems with Prima guides, lol. I mean, a few I've gotten have had problems, but not enough for me to be so pissed.

I'm curious, how does Prima get all the information before the release??... Enough to write a 500 page guide? Does Nintendo tell them hours of info or do they get a Alpha/beta game to try out?

I'm hoping Prima takes some time to translate the Japanese guides and take from them all of the good info.

I doubt Prima just translates other guides for their information. They'd have to give credit and money to another company, since the content they used wouldn't have been collected their own.

I've ordered it, but I'm not expecting much. I really wish they released an English version of the colossal Japanese guide...

Yeah, the Japanese ones look awesome but pretty useless to us haha, I've just ordered the game and the guide, lets hope its good :)

Bought my copy in full on Amazon today! I haven't bought a guide since Wild World's nine years ago :p

Just pre-ordered my copy on Amazon. I'll get it a few days after the release of the game which is fine with me. I'll be busy getting familiar with the new game so I don't feel like I have to have it day one. I just hope that it is decent.

I was looking at the Wild World guide the other day (it sits on my nightstand:)) and I noticed it was an Official Nintendo Power Guide from back when they were owned by Nintendo. I miss Nintendo Power from those days. :(

I have the Japanese books and so I have this one pre-ordered just because :lemon: I hope it is somewhat useful but won't hold my breath.

Back