• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Discuss the AC: New Leaf Prima strategy guide here

I really wish they'd show like one or two pages from the inside as a preview or something on Amazon so I could decide if its worth buying or not... I'm so tempted to buy it regardless though!

With technology such as Google, Youtube and even TBT. Is a guide book even needed?

I agree with this, like even with my blog I'm still getting one LOL;

I guess I just prefer physical over digital.

I'm also a fan of physical guidebooks. I guess it's the same thing with games; I prefer physical copies of games to digital ones.

I am an ISSD major, and have over 10 internet outlets in my room alone, and I'll still get the guidebook. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll still use the internet for certain things as far as NL is concerned, but I love having a book. Especially with a checklist. I know a ctrl+f gets it done quicker, but when I'm out and about I'd rather just scratch it down in a book.

It's all preference though. With games that I really enjoy, I like having the books even if they won't help (however, they have always helped).

Also, they boast full furniture lists (that I can only assume have pictures), so that'll be super nice to have. I'd also like to have the fish/bug guide with me all the time.

With technology such as Google, Youtube and even TBT. Is a guide book even needed?

Yes. I work away from home during the week and so only get internet on the weekends when I'm not at the yard looking after the guy to my left <----
As I play during the week at nights to keep myself occupied, I'll need a guide book so I don't have to wait until the weekend for an answer or whether I still need X from that series for my catalogue for example.
And I'm not paying for a whole new phone line and internet access point when I do it at home already. I'd use 3G, but I only get a connection late at night or first thing in the morning, and as I work, that's not a viable option. I need my sleeeeeeeep!

Plus I love a book, I wrote everything out for WW and I am NOT doing that ever again. Over a hundred pages...

If the guide turns out to be crap, we may as well make one ourselves...
Of course, as a fan project (No profit). But it would suck to have to print it all in colour... xD

I think its ?11.69 for the UK! Not bad, but don't expect the Prima guide to be brilliant.

! Not bad, but don't expect the Prima guide to be brilliant.

Exactly. I was looking through my Wild World one this morning, and cringed at a lot of the mistakes. That's why I decided to just go through with my original plan of only getting the game, pick it up at Gamestop, and that way I don't have to wait for a horrible guide too.

Yes yes, Prima's a terrible inaccurate guide maker.

It's like a broken record in here! xD I've never even noticed the errors in my guides before.

I honestly doubt that the guide makers go through the coding with a fine tooth comb to make sure they have every single bit of information they can get. These are human beings making the guides, not reploids for crying out loud! Of course there are going to be errors. Nothing humans make are perfect. Not even machines can make perfect products all the time, hence when cars and other such things break down. And why you have spelling errors in books on the rare occasion.

Yes yes, Prima's a terrible inaccurate guide maker.

It's like a broken record in here! xD I've never even noticed the errors in my guides before.

I honestly doubt that the guide makers go through the coding with a fine tooth comb to make sure they have every single bit of information they can get. These are human beings making the guides, not reploids for crying out loud! Of course there are going to be errors. Nothing humans make are perfect. Not even machines can make perfect products all the time, hence when cars and other such things break down. And why you have spelling errors in books on the rare occasion.

Well, maybe I notice the typos and spelling errors more because I used to proofread legal ads for a newspaper. But any respectable publisher should make an attempt to catch things like this. Just makes them look ridiculous otherwise.

As for factual mistakes, if they are directly translating a Japanese guide or working with translated information I have more leniency.

I'm still going to get one though, hehe. I'll be so excited to have the game and I like having the guidebooks that I won't mind typos... for a while, at least. ;)

xD I can't disagree with that. They should be more careful, but there's so much to do in this game and they probably get rushed. Someone might write down a wrong number, or mix two things up and no one has time to really check and make sure they've done it right.

I would probably mind the typos more if I actually knew they were there. I don't look up prices for pretty much anything in the books so I have never noticed a problem there. I pretty much only look at the pictures. I noticed a picture error with one of the shirts in my City Folk guide, but I gave them leniency because there are two shirts with frogs on them apparently, and screwing up only one picture our of all the pictures in that clothes guide isn't that big of a thing for me. xD

I preordered it. I'm interested, a game guide usually I'm not for, but for a game like Animal Crossing. I see a reason to have one.

Yeah, I got the last one for City Folk and I really enjoyed having it and I saw the giant japanese one so I was hoping they'd translate it but its huge so probably not. I think im going to pre-order this one too. Uhm, did it say if it will be delivered on the 9th? And which site you get it from?~ :)

There's a few other threads about this particular guide (and all the Japanese guides). Try searching "Prima guide" in the search box in the top right corner and you'll see them. Your questions may have already been answered there. :)

I always hear terrible things about Prima Guides. It's a wonder they sell any at all. Having said that I have some older ones for games like Mario Sunshine and Zelda Oracle series and they are brilliant.

Back