Do you have any musicians or bands you like to listen to?

chocovelvetcake

I'm on hiatus rn, sorry :(
Bells
Switch
2092-7168-3040
Island
MystyLand
Some bands I really like listening to are are Queen, Aqua, The Mamas & The Papas, Boney M, Earth, Wind & Fire, and The Supremes. As far as individual musicians, I really like listening to Michael Jackson, Frank Sinatra, Whitney Houston, Necro, and Daler Mehndi. I also like to listen to Vocaloid songs too lol even tho it's not really a band or individual musician.

Some of my parents' music tastes influenced mine, since my dad and mom grew up listening to 70s and 80s music, respectively. My tastes in music are very complicated and also vary, from remixes to mashups of different songs. I don't care what decade it's from. I just like listening to music in general. <3

The Beatles are my favorite band from childhood. I can discover many other bands but none match how much impact they have had on me nor can match how much I enjoy the discography.

Nirvana would be my second favorite and I also like the Foo Fighters.

I also like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Megadeth, and Disturbed.

For rappers I like MF Doom, Tupac, Kendrick, and a few big 90's rappers.

I genre hop a lot. I might go from Judas Priest to Whitney Houston on a whim.

In general, I don't think too much about the band or musician when I'm picking music. Most of the time the only thing that matters to me is how it sounds.

Metallica is the exception; my friend @/ZeldaCrossing64 introduced me to the band when I befriended them here and I've basically amassed a bunch of their songs in my playlist, lol. My favorite song from them is "Wherever I May Roam"!

The musicians I listen to change over time. My too favorites right now are Beadadoobe, Good Kid, Ricky Montgomery, and Elliot Smith. Japanese Breakfast and She and Him are also long term favorites, although I don’t listen to them as much as I used to. If I’m in the mood for J-pop I like to listen to Yoasobi or Kenshi Yonezu.

The musicians I listen to change over time. My too favorites right now are Beadadoobe, Good Kid, Ricky Montgomery, and Elliot Smith. Japanese Breakfast and She and Him are also long term favorites, although I don’t listen to them as much as I used to. If I’m in the mood for J-pop I like to listen to Yoasobi or Kenshi Yonezu.
Omggggg love to see the Ricky Montgomery and Yoasobi love!! What are your fav songs from both?

I don't really listen to any specific artist or group, I normally just listen to whatever songs I like. But in general I enjoy listening to anything by the Pointer Sisters.

My favourite band is probably The Orion Experience, but I also really love Imagine Dragons.

I listen to a lot of k-pop, and my favourite groups are BabyMonster, Blackpink, Kiss of Life, and Rolling Quartz.

As for solo artists, TE/MO, TROY, Janani K. Jha, and POESY are my favourites.

Omggggg love to see the Ricky Montgomery and Yoasobi love!! What are your fav songs from both?
My favorite Ricky Montgomery songs are My Heart is Buried in Venice, One Way Mirror, and Unknown Phantom. For Yoasobi my favorites are Halzion and Idol.

I've probably talked about my music tastes elsewhere, but I wouldn't mind doing it again. :p

I mostly listen to metal, but I also like grunge and rock. (My music taste directly derives from my dad's.) While my tastes in artists have changed over time, I'd say that my top five favorite bands are System Of A Down, Metallica, Megadeth, Korn, and Cannibal Corpse.

I'm also a fan of Guns N' Roses, Slipknot, Nirvana, Avenged Sevenfold, Dethklok, Slayer, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and more. (I'm not naming all of them. 😭)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Dim
my music taste right now is like 90% Bruce Hornsby and 10% video game music haha, been that way since sometime early last year.

I'm still actively discovering Bruce's music so I have a feeling that that fixation isn't going away anytime soon. also want to discover some of Elton John's music (courtesy of @/themysterybidder) soon hehe. I really love the genre of pop/rock/jazz/indie with piano thrown into the mix 🎹💕

and as for video game music, I like a lot of stuff. mostly Super Mario related, but I also like a lot of N64 music in general, and stuff from games like Halo and Minecraft. anything I can play on piano is a win to me hehehe. 😌

I like Queen a lot as well. Along with Tally Hall, those are the only bands and frankly artists in general I can say I enjoy enough of their songs to call myself a fan. Everything else is basically just a couple songs from here, a couple songs from there, ranging from pop to rock to indie to edm to vocaloid to classical.

There aren't many artists/bands/groups where I've even listened to their whole discography, although I've been trying to change that lately. I tend to just listen to a lot of songs from a lot of different artists. That being said, there are some artists where I have listened to and enjoyed a majority of their songs.

The first was probably Avril Lavigne. I listened to her music a lot when I was a kid, and I adored the majority of her songs. I don't really listen to her much anymore though, and I'm not very familiar with her newer songs. I listened to a lot of Michelle Branch and Kelly Clarkson as well at that time. I also had a Linkin Park and 3 Doors Down era. There might be a few more from that time that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Then when I was a bit older I started to get into Kpop, and there were a few Kpop groups/artists whose discography I really enjoyed: SHINee, F(x), Exo, IU, Taeyeon, Sunmi, NCT, and Stray Kids. I still listen to these groups/artists sometimes. Again, there are probably more I could add to this list, but I can't remember.

More recently, some artists I actively listen to are Taylor Swift, Patty Griffin, Noah Kahan, and Julieta Venegas. Technically, I started listening to Taylor Swift when I was younger, and there was a time back then as well when she was one of my favorite artists, but then I didn't listen to her music much for several years. I only got back into her music last year. Her discography is amazing though. I've liked some Patty Griffin songs for awhile, but I only recently took the time to go through her whole discography, and she has a lot of great songs. Some of my favorite songs of hers are Rain, Long Ride Home, Not Alone, Poor Man's House, Sweet Lorraine, Making Pies, Let Him Fly, Be Careful, Nobody's Crying, Mother of God, Burgundy Shoes, and 10 Million Miles. I started listening to Noah Kahan last year, and I really enjoy his music. Some of my favorite songs of his are Orange Juice, All My Love, The View Between Villages, Call Your Mom, and Paul Revere. Julieta Venegas is one of the artists I found since I started learning Spanish and started searching for artists who sing in Spanish. She has a lot of songs I like, such as Limón y Sal, Lento, Me Voy, and Amores Platónicos

I've been digging Crumb lots recently. Something about it just scratches the itch. I enjoy Vampillia and World's End Girlfriend as well, but they've not produced anything recently.

My music taste is all over the place. I listen to a combination of folk rock, bluegrass, grunge rock, and very specific country.

Back