• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Do You Like Money Trees?

Do You Like Money Trees?

• Total voters
...how many bells you plant correlate to the likelihood of it turning into a tree blooming....

It will always grow into a tree :) It's kinda nice if you need to plant loads and have no saplings to hand :D

Here's a table of the probability of the tree returning bells if it blooms:

VXiEbDz.png

It will always grow into a tree :) It's kinda nice if you need to plant loads and have no saplings to hand :D

Here's a table of the probability of the tree returning bells if it blooms:

VXiEbDz.png

I guess :p .. I was saying turning into a tree 'cos I wouldn't call a sapling a tree :p

Maybe yes. After i got my Billionaire badge & don't have to work on Bells anymore, that is.
Although according to my calculations (neeeerd!), i will get my gold shovel on October 15th. C:

Last edited:
Maybe yes. After i got my Billionaire badge & don't have to work on Bells anymore, that is.
According to my calculation (neeeerd!), i will get my gold shovel on October 15th. C:

Why wait xD
Your Billionaire Badge would be awarded with 1112 successful money trees xD

Why wait xD
Your Billionaire Badge would be awarded with 1112 successful money trees xD

I dunno. Maybe i just want it to be a reward for 'retirement', i guess?
Also, i don't want to lose another reason to play ACNL too fast.
(I'm already on a half-way to be a Billionaire; if i planted money trees, it'll just make it faster to get the badge.) :p

Last edited:
Haven?t used them in New Leaf, but I probably will try it out, but they?re pretty cool as decoration I guess :)

I like the IDEA of money trees, but I think they look fairly awful when in your town..

I think they should've done what they did with the golden shovel trees in AC GC, money trees should have golden leaves as well as the money bags.. That way I feel the trees would be more unique, and look fancier

Yes! I loved the money trees because they stayed gold after you harvested the bells. I had a whole giant golden orchard just because it was so pretty!! If they still did that I would be using them as a landscape option.

I didn't think of a neutral option xD
I can't edit it now I don't think :L

I think you can ask for one to be added? (I've seen options being added before..)

To answer the question, I've never used a golden shovel ever so I can't say how I feel about the money trees. :/

I wonder if it'll just bloom once per tree? Or is it like perfect fruit tree? Or rather, like regular fruit tree instead?

So once you harvest them, do they act like saplings? Turn pink in spring, etc? :) I loved the golden leaves! I wish they were still golden! That was awesome :D But I'll grow some anyway, once I get my shovel. They're cool!

I wonder if it'll just bloom once per tree? Or is it like perfect fruit tree? Or rather, like regular fruit tree instead?

Once you shake a the tree and the bag falls, it just stays a regular tree; they only bloom once.

I'm indifferent on them. I don't think they're particularly useful given that they've such a low chance of actually sprouting. They seem to be more of an aesthetic rather than actually serving a purpose.

Last edited:
I have never had one before but they look cool enough!!
I'm happy I got my first gold rose today :)

Back