Do you think TBT should have staff with assigned jobs that are retried if they don't have time to do them?

Do you think TBT should have staff with assigned jobs that are retried if they don't have time to do them?

Jeremy said:
Bacon Boy said:
-Aaron said:
[Nook said:
,Aug 6 2010, 06:50:53 PM]I think they should be able to moderate if no moderators are on.

But the reason I think some people retire is that they have to see a nasty pic a troll posts to delete it, right? Or, I think you should add an app that automatically bans people forever or temporarily if all of the online users except that person plus a retired staff member if one is online, vote that person should be banned, and besides, it would get rid of a lot of annoying noobs :J.
Proxies.
I think he means like a vote system. If someone is spamming, the members online vote to have that person banned regardless of proxies.
That would be abused so much.
Forget the abuse, the idea is simply infeasible to implement and simply wouldn't work. I know of nothing similar to that available through Zetaboards coding, and I don't know that anyone would want to create such a thing, if possible. On top of that, I don't think it would be possible to get every online member to agree to anything, simply because being "online" doesn't mean they are available.

Retired staff members don't have Mod powers but more active ones (Bul and Gohan) do have a say in the day to day stuff at TBT.

Also in response to the spam attacks, the admin team has been working on ways to keep trolls and alternate accounts minimal. The way they've been doing it the past day or two seems to have been working.

FarrenTheRobot said:
I think all mods and admins should give out their cell phone number so we can text them during a spam attack.
That actually makes sense, but a bunch of random people, noobs, and trolls would call them for no reason.

[Nook said:
,Aug 6 2010, 10:46:33 PM]
FarrenTheRobot said:
I think all mods and admins should give out their cell phone number so we can text them during a spam attack.
That actually makes sense, but a bunch of random people, noobs, and trolls would call them for no reason.
Going to have to say no to that one ;)

For some reason I can envision certain people here abusing that...

DarthGohan1 said:
[Nook said:
,Aug 6 2010, 10:46:33 PM]
FarrenTheRobot said:
Going to have to say no to that one ;)

For some reason I can envision certain people here abusing that...
HAY JEREMY
FABIO & MINO POSTED IN MY THRED, B& DEM PLZ KTHX XD

or what did you have in mind?

OddCrazyMe said:
Retired staff members don't have Mod powers but more active ones (Bul and Gohan) do have a say in the day to day stuff at TBT.

Also in response to the spam attacks, the admin team has been working on ways to keep trolls and alternate accounts minimal. The way they've been doing it the past day or two seems to have been working.
The best idea would just to be disabling registration during a spam attack, that way you would only need to ban one account, regardless of them changing IPs and whatnot.

Jas0n said:
OddCrazyMe said:

The best idea would just to be disabling registration during a spam attack, that way you would only need to ban one account, regardless of them changing IPs and whatnot.
The problem with that is that they can just wait until registration reopens. And that really deters new members who actually want to participate in the community.

OddCrazyMe said:
Jas0n said:
OddCrazyMe said:

The problem with that is that they can just wait until registration reopens. And that really deters new members who actually want to participate in the community.
and... just a question..

how would mods/admins/whoever's in-power know 100% of the time whether a poster is a trawll or not?

ip check? then I bring up, proxies and ip bans, from the get-go.

wat.

I like the idea of having specific mods doing specific jobs or contests or whatever.
But the thing is: I don't think much people would actually participate in the contests.. Especially if it's anything ACCF related.

I think it's a good idea, it's more organized.

We just need more staff and better communication between them.

Ciaran said:
We just need more staff and better communication between them.
*Nods

OddCrazyMe said:
Jas0n said:
OddCrazyMe said:

That may be true, but what troll is going to bother to wait until registration opens? They'll get bored and just leave.

And honestly, how often do new members join TBT now (who aren't alts or trolls). Shutting down registration for a few hours isn't going to do anything.

Well like you said, their should be different kind of staff. One for animation section, one for Fan-Art etc. That way it would be more equal.

That's my opinion :p

Personally, I think we need more mods. I mean, no offense to the current mods but it's just, whenever there is a big spam attack no mods seem to be on. We need more mods(2 maybe) who can be trusted, knows the flow of TBT, and is on frequently during whatever day it is. I don't know but maybe they could be "Back-up" mods? And also I think retired staff should have the ability to ban/delete posts of a member.

We need more staff in general. And active staff, at that.

There is another option that can replace shutting down registration. I know there's an option for it. It's the admin verification system. Either during a sam attack or in general have admin verification. This would entitle that only the admins could decide who got in. However, it would also deter members from joining because of the wait and that would mean that there would have to be an admin on most of the time.

Olivia! said:
Personally, I think we need more mods. I mean, no offense to the current mods but it's just, whenever there is a big spam attack no mods seem to be on. We need more mods(2 maybe) who can be trusted, knows the flow of TBT, and is on frequently during whatever day it is. I don't know but maybe they could be "Back-up" mods? And also I think retired staff should have the ability to ban/delete posts of a member.
Actually I think the trolls have a tendency to register and the day they swing by and see no staff is the day they attack... but that is just my thought.

Anyway, I would like to say that retired staff should probably get to keep mod power cause they can be trusted. Not that they are ever forced to use it,but when something really bad happens it would be a nice thing to be able to do...

And as it is if I got assigned a "job" to do... I think I'd be kicked out by the end of this school year, I hear grad school is ruff :p

Sporge27 said:
Olivia! said:
Actually I think the trolls have a tendency to register and the day they swing by and see no staff is the day they attack... but that is just my thought.

Anyway, I would like to say that retired staff should probably get to keep mod power cause they can be trusted. Not that they are ever forced to use it,but when something really bad happens it would be a nice thing to be able to do...

And as it is if I got assigned a "job" to do... I think I'd be kicked out by the end of this school year, I hear grad school is ruff :p
I don't see the point of giving retired staff mod powers, the only difference would be they would have no responsibility or be expected to do stuff, but then why wouldn't all the mods retire? That way they don't have the pressure of being expected to do stuff.

It's called retired for a reason.

i Alos think taht the MMC. shud get it's owen bored.

Back