Do you think TBT should have staff with assigned jobs that are retried if they don't have time to do them?

Do you think TBT should have staff with assigned jobs that are retried if they don't have time to do them?

Bacon Boy said:
There is another option that can replace shutting down registration. I know there's an option for it. It's the admin verification system. Either during a sam attack or in general have admin verification. This would entitle that only the admins could decide who got in. However, it would also deter members from joining because of the wait and that would mean that there would have to be an admin on most of the time.
That's what we've been doing. And Miranda has been keeping up with it from her phone, so it seems like it's working very well.

Okay. I remember pitching that a long while ago, so I didn't know if you guys actually went through with it.

Now the real question is how long can this last for???

There is a new AC in the works after all...

OddCrazyMe said:
Bacon Boy said:
There is another option that can replace shutting down registration. I know there's an option for it. It's the admin verification system. Either during a sam attack or in general have admin verification. This would entitle that only the admins could decide who got in. However, it would also deter members from joining because of the wait and that would mean that there would have to be an admin on most of the time.
That's what we've been doing. And Miranda has been keeping up with it from her phone, so it seems like it's working very well.
Yep I implemented this last week sometime I think and I check every hour from my Blackberry (unless I have a computer handy) and do the approving and checks and such. So the longest anyone would need to wait to be cleared is an hour, unless it's at night when I'm asleep.

Ciaran said:
Now the real question is how long can this last for???

There is a new AC in the works after all...
Obviously when the time comes for that we will have other resources and such, it's not like the new AC is coming out next month, so that's not a top priority right now.

Jas0n said:
Sporge27 said:
Olivia! said:
Personally, I think we need more mods. I mean, no offense to the current mods but it's just, whenever there is a big spam attack no mods seem to be on. We need more mods(2 maybe) who can be trusted, knows the flow of TBT, and is on frequently during whatever day it is. I don't know but maybe they could be "Back-up" mods? And also I think retired staff should have the ability to ban/delete posts of a member.
Actually I think the trolls have a tendency to register and the day they swing by and see no staff is the day they attack... but that is just my thought.

Anyway, I would like to say that retired staff should probably get to keep mod power cause they can be trusted. Not that they are ever forced to use it,but when something really bad happens it would be a nice thing to be able to do...

And as it is if I got assigned a "job" to do... I think I'd be kicked out by the end of this school year, I hear grad school is ruff :p
I don't see the point of giving retired staff mod powers, the only difference would be they would have no responsibility or be expected to do stuff, but then why wouldn't all the mods retire? That way they don't have the pressure of being expected to do stuff.

It's called retired for a reason.
I don't have the pressure to do stuff now really, I do stuff if I want to.

In this way retired staff would be more symbolic than anything. The only reason I'm not retired now is because I still help with things like spam attacks :p but if retired could help with that I would be retired.

In all honesty, I think the staff is fine as is, as usually there is at least a moderator on every hour or so to deal with problems. One person coming on and spamming isn't that big a deal.

I would just encourage people to report more so it's easily gotten rid of when a moderator shows up.

Sporge27 said:
Jas0n said:
Sporge27 said:
Olivia! said:
Personally, I think we need more mods. I mean, no offense to the current mods but it's just, whenever there is a big spam attack no mods seem to be on. We need more mods(2 maybe) who can be trusted, knows the flow of TBT, and is on frequently during whatever day it is. I don't know but maybe they could be "Back-up" mods? And also I think retired staff should have the ability to ban/delete posts of a member.
Actually I think the trolls have a tendency to register and the day they swing by and see no staff is the day they attack... but that is just my thought.

Anyway, I would like to say that retired staff should probably get to keep mod power cause they can be trusted. Not that they are ever forced to use it,but when something really bad happens it would be a nice thing to be able to do...

And as it is if I got assigned a "job" to do... I think I'd be kicked out by the end of this school year, I hear grad school is ruff :p
I don't see the point of giving retired staff mod powers, the only difference would be they would have no responsibility or be expected to do stuff, but then why wouldn't all the mods retire? That way they don't have the pressure of being expected to do stuff.

It's called retired for a reason.
I don't have the pressure to do stuff now really, I do stuff if I want to.

In this way retired staff would be more symbolic than anything. The only reason I'm not retired now is because I still help with things like spam attacks :p but if retired could help with that I would be retired.
But then what's the point of the retired rank on the forum? If you're doing the same stuff as when you're a moderator, you may aswell stay a moderator.

I think Jeremy should find people who have been here a while and get two or three more mods out of them.

We have a great staff now, but I have been on here numerous times when no mod was on, then there are time when three are on, so I think the mods should have a schedule so there is one on at all times.

Eh, I personally think that we should just try to make sure we have enough mods so at least one is online at any given time. Also, the whole "power to the people" ban idea COULD, in theory, work by a poll system(i.e. enough people PM a bot mod that sets up a poll. If a majority vote yes, then that person is temp banned for a day), but I personally think it would be abused EN MASSE.

big said:
Eh, I personally think that we should just try to make sure we have enough mods so at least one is online at any given time. Also, the whole "power to the people" ban idea COULD, in theory, work by a poll system(i.e. enough people PM a bot mod that sets up a poll. If a majority vote yes, then that person is temp banned for a day), but I personally think it would be abused EN MASSE.
Unless you give it to a few, select, responsible members.

I feel that we need more people on the staff. Seeing as how there have been spam attacks as of late, especially when no mod is on, it would be a good idea to have at least one or two on.

As for the problem of having one on at all times: give it to someone who has been here for awhile, but is also on the other side of the world. Then once they have to go or whatever, then mods stateside could take over -- there would always be a continuous flow of moderation, so to speak.

I would have a better explanation, but it's 4AM and I'm sleepy. ;-;

Back