• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Do you think there is too little advertisement for New Leaf?

Schim

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Especially with its release so close?

Maybe it is the fact that Animal Crossing is generally released quietly (I didn't pay attention to pre-release periods of WW and City Folk, so I don't know if they were advertised more) or maybe they are waiting until April, but it seems to me like there would be a bit more advertising for it.

Being able to preorder and showing it at cons is one thing, but it has only been a handful that showed guided demos for the English version, right? Club Nintendo doesn't have anything on its site yet about the release, when it had preorder specials for Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon well in advance. Yes those games greatly surpass AC in sales, but you'd think with the release date being so close, there would be more advertising.

The only reason I bring it up is because it worries me that they haven't advertised much because they haven't completed what they needed to do for international release and may postpose the release date. Probably just a silly worry, but I can't be the only one who thinks so, can I?

I mean, a lot of games aren't advertised that much. The only game I have seen advertised in a while is Defiance. Also AC is a kind of quiet game. It has no thrill or action really, so most people wouldn't care much for a commercial or poster. Also if it had a commercial being played a lot on a channel, what channel would that be?

I wouldn't expect to see any advertisement for it (at least at home) - I've never seen one for the 3DS, WiiU or even anything like Pokemon (the last one I saw was for HG/SS)

Well, Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon only just came out a few days ago. I would say in the next few weeks we'll start to see the marketing for New Leaf get going since that's the next big 3DS game coming out.

As for postponing the release, that won't happen. I've almost never seen Nintendo delay a game with a specific release date. Sure they delay games often but never games with an actual date set.

The only time I remember seeing commercials for Animal Crossing games was after they were already out in stores. I'd suppose they rely on the internet to advertise for games like this now. The City Folk commercial was pretty terrible and boring in my opinion. |: If they do make a commercial for New Leaf, I hope it's nothing like that!

I am definitely ready for some marketing for this game. Where is the official website? I remember excited reading through all the FAQs on the Japanese official website to learn more about the game before it was released. They got daily tweets and everything :/ I sure hope we get some more excitement here soon. I mean come on, they were putting out commercials for Style Savvy whatever that was... Animal Crossing is WAY better than that. It is getting closer.

WE BETTER GET SOME ADVERTISEMENT! Japan advertized the wazoo out of this game! Why can't NA get the same treatment?

Dear NoA, please spare us from this for New Leaf. :(

Omg these are awful... if I only found out about Animal Crossing through these, I would never think to buy it. It makes them look so bland and boring! Even the tone in the commercial makes it sound like the women are bored "Wanna go fishing?" "No... I did that yesterday..." asdfghjkl
I feel like AC in general is pretty hard to advertise because it's such a calm game and it just wouldn't come off as exciting or appealing to many people!

Dear NoA, please spare us from this for New Leaf. :(

That first one! That's the one I saw! I didn't even know there was a second one! ._. It's even WORSE than the first one. My lord!

I miss Population Growing's commercials. xD They were so cute.

[video]http://www.myvideo.de/watch/6097453/Animal_Crossing_Wild_World_Trailer_German[/video]

I remember this commercial for Wild World from years ago (it's a German spot of course).
Kinda always liked it... so nostalgic (Wild World was my first game of the series).

translation:

The glorious blue sky always reminds me... of Animal Crossing... of my own little world.
Just yesterday I went to the hair salon - and later shopping.
In the afternoon I found a four-leaf clover. I think it might have brought me good luck.
Animal Crossing Wild World

I never saw the CF commercials on TV, just on the website pre-release. In fact, the only video game advertisements I see are for Pokemon.

I dunno, I like the first one. Maybe because I for some reason assumed that the two girls in the first one were in a long-distance relationship >.>

Oh Nintendo...what were you thinking when you made the City Folk commercials...those were even more disappointing than the game itself was. Go back to commercials like these.

I am definitely ready for some marketing for this game. Where is the official website? I remember excited reading through all the FAQs on the Japanese official website to learn more about the game before it was released. They got daily tweets and everything :/ I sure hope we get some more excitement here soon. I mean come on, they were putting out commercials for Style Savvy whatever that was... Animal Crossing is WAY better than that. It is getting closer.

Yeah. We could at least get an official website by now.

You guys probably know this but the domain: animalcrossingnewleaf.com has been registered by Nintendo since when you put it in the URL it redirects you to their website.

Oh gosh what if we get a commercial for New Leaf like it was for Pokemon mystery dungeon?

Oh look at this bug, look at this fish!
look at this One
And this one!
look at this one!!
WE CAN PLAY THIS GAME FOREVER! *kids turn into old people*

Oh gosh the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon commercial is also terrible.

Nintendo's advertising section is really dropping the ball. o_e

Oh gosh what if we get a commercial for New Leaf like it was for Pokemon mystery dungeon?

Oh look at this bug, look at this fish!
look at this One
And this one!
look at this one!!
WE CAN PLAY THIS GAME FOREVER! *kids turn into old people*

That's when they all start growing beards.

Even the girls.

Back