• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Does anyone else still have a launch day island?

I didn't start my island on launch day, but I do still have my original island! I did start a second island on my other Switch, but I could never get rid of my original!

I also have my launch day island! I don't ever plan on reseting it. Although I'm heavily tempted to redo almost all of it😅

I still have my island of StarGlow, which I created on the day ACNH came out. I never even deleted it or restarted it (but I did terraform it multiple times).

I still have my island from launch day! Considering how much time I've poured into it and the effort it took to 100%ed the game on it, there's no way I could ever let myself restart my island, lol.

Sadly I restarted my launch day island in June 2020, and I had been wanting to reset it a month prior (it just took a lot of prep bc I didn't wanna lose all my items). I grew to be really unhappy with my og island after a little over a month, and thought the best way would be to reset. I never reset my town in New Leaf so I was a little sad that I was going to reset in NH, but it was for the best because I still have the second island I got from June 2020 and I never plan on deleting it!

I'm another "not quite launch day" island, but I do still have my original island from May 31, 2020! I'm really happy with my island as it is right now so I don't think I'll ever be restarting unless I have a big change of heart.

I still have my island from launch. It's really a shame you can't use more than one NH cartridge in the switch to have multiple islands. I had multiple WW cartridges and multiple NL cartridges with different towns and used them to get villagers I wanted and such. So, a bummer we can't do that with NH.

But anyway, I am not really too gung-ho about resetting. I don't even think I reset once to get different islands, maybe like once or twice. I was just excited to finally play the game (especially since I'd just been laid off when the pandemic started). I don't see myself resetting any time in the future.

Yeah I still have my launch day island! I was so eager to start playing as soon as we were able to that I picked one of the first islands I saw, so I sometimes wish I had gotten a plaza a little farther away from the airport and a longer dock, but I'm too attached to my island now to ever reset it. If I ever want a new one I'll use my other Switch for it.

nah i reset mine, i couldn't handle having a yellow airport on my all-blue island it was driving me insane

Yes. I’m a little ‘meh’ with those kinds of things so I just worked with what I had.

Sort of, my preorder came a few days late. But I’ve never reset my island and never intend to, I get too attached lol

Yes, I wouldn't reset it because I would not have the motivation to rebuild lol.
I learned that the hard way years ago when I thought it would be fun to reset my Wild World town to start fresh.

I would have if you asked me this question two days ago... but I reset yesterday.
minioverwhelmed.png

(Half of me is kinda glad I reset... I kinda hated some of the stuff on that island lol. Like everything I got the villagers to say... And how overgrown it was... And the really really ugly bridges/inclines.)

yes i do!! i've flattened it a few times before but i've learned to work with what i've got in terms of the peninsula, river mouth openings, and the beach rocks :>

I restarted mine in April/May 2020, but TT'ed back so my passport would still say March 20, lol.

Back