• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Does anyone else still have a launch day island?

Yep! It only took me a few resets to find a map that I resonated with.

On that note, it'd be nice to have a second island. But, going out of my way to purchase a second console just wouldn't justify the decision.

i do. have put 1400+ hours of game time into it and have finished my entire island. i am currently working towards completing every nook miles goal and all HHP houses since ive done everything else.

I do! I wish I’d done a couple things differently but there’s no way I’m letting go of three years of playtime now.

Yep, still have mine! It's a combo of the memories I've built from having my launch island for so long that I'd be very sad if all that suddenly vanished..... and being way too lazy to restart lmao
The though of having to do all that work over again immediately puts any thoughts about restarting to rest XD

Yep. I still have my OG island. Restarting never crossed my mind mainly because I am content with what I've done with it. Also, having invested too much time and effort on my island is a huge factor on why I refrain from doing so.

I still have my launch day island! I remember how excited I was when they announced New Horizons, and I followed it every step of the way. I still play it to this day and still absolutely love it! There are periods of time where I don't play it much - especially the spring. Usually once Easter comes around I just lose interest and seem to not really pick it back up until some time in June. Very strange, I know, but there's something about that time of the year that I'm just like... meh. But I'll try not to do that this year.

I got apples and a green airport, which I'm actually pretty happy with. My previous AC games I had peaches for my native fruit, so I wanted peaches again here. But apples actually fits better for me I think, because they're very autumn feeling and that's my favorite season.

I deleted mine because I hated my fruit and airport colour.
But I've since made an exact replica of it with the fruit and airport colour I wanted.
Resident services is 1 tile south from where it was originally, and the beaches are a different shape. But other than that, its identical.

So my original island lives on in spirit.
Just with the things I hated removed.

I’ve still got mine! I actually deleted it but at one point had to contact support to transfer my new island to a new switch and there was still a backup of my OG island, so I had them restore the backup to my second switch and haven’t deleted it again :)

I’ve had to reset mine a couple of times because I kept listening to Isabelle’s advice to plant some flowers to improve my Island’s ratings and each time the Island ended up being overrun by them in less than three months. No matter how hard I tried to get rid of them, they kept coming back in even more numbers. It got so bad that residents were complaining to Isabelle about it.

Yes! Luckily I didn't have an urge to reset even once and I'm really relieved about it 😊

I still have my launch day island! I bought the game on the day it was released and I have not reset. I didn't even reroll my island on release day to get my preferred native fruit or airport colour, because I actually got them on my first try. My island isn't particularly well-designed compared to others I've seen, but I've never wanted to reset it.

I got my copy of the game a day early as the place I pre-ordered from was going to be closed due to Covid, so my island is from March 19th 2020. I have not restarted since then, even though I don’t love how close my plaza is to the airport. I considered restarting but I’m really glad I didn’t!

Yes, I do, it's called Moonraker and I love everything about it! Started on launch day, it is a dream island now, although I occasionally do go visit and interact with the islanders, look around and enjoy what I created!

I have my original. - The urge to make a new island was always there, and still is...but, since the save file situation is trash with NH, I just kept my original stuff and continue to chip away at the small annoyances.

Could had sworn I posted in this thread. Or at least a thread very similar to this. Anyway I still have my original launch island from March 2020. I only started getting serious about terraforming/decorating it after the last and major update, but about a year later in November 2022.

I still have some other ideas to implement and and it's a on and off project as I take my time with it.

My launch day island is still intact, and although I have some regrets about how I started, I'm not willing to abandon it after all the time I've invested.

Back