• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Don’t expect to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons for more than 2 hours on March 20

I'm taking the day off work for this so I'm gonna get my playtime out of it lolll you can even catch me weeding for 8 hours if there's nothing else to do

Same lol. I literally requested the 20th through the 24th off lol. Taking my vacation time then.

You're wrong though. One can spend as much time as one decides to spend. If 1-2 hours applies to you, I am sorry.

I am taking a vacation day from work on March 20. Will have the whole day and weekend to play.

Last edited:
You don’t what I’m capable of.

Most definitely not grammar.

(I'm just joking by the way, don't flame me)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think the Nook store will remain open for a longer period of time on the day you fly out to your island, to facilitate a longer play session. I'm going to start my game up at midnight, to inconvenience the lazy git.

Hmm it being on a Friday I do hope to spend the weekend doing at least SOME meaningless tasks on my island :p But yeh I also expect it to be quite limited. I always liked the "play a little while each day" mentality myself; but I do hope people have the option to be creative early on. We'll see.

I plan to be able to have more than enough time to play the game when it comes out. I've been anticipating it for so long, I think I might even get a little emotional when I've finally gotten it lol.

I remember how I spent at least 5+ hours back then on the day where New Leaf came out. Watch me how I'm gonna somehow top this here with New Horizons, lol.

By the way, don't forget: People who resetting for certain things (such as town/island map for example) may spend more than just two hours there. This alone is very time consuming if you're looking for a good layout, your favorite native fruit, starting villagers etc. And once you have your island set, the real fun just starts. So I'm pretty sure someone can spend a lot of hours on release day if they want to.

I agree with others, you underestimate how much people can play on the first day. I always played alot on the first day when starting a new save/game in AC. Getting a fishing rod and/or bug net is enough to spend quite some time catching bugs and fish. Thanks to crafting we don't have to wait for Tom Nook to offer tools, we can instead craft all of them day one. The entire museum is empty and you can even donate all the common stuff like a seabass. There might not be a museum available from day one, but you can store all the stuff in lockers, which can probably also be crafted.

After all, everything is new and shiny which allows you to explore everything for the very first time. There also always was a tutorial, be it Nooks parttime job or Isabelle's tasks, which you can complete. Not to mention all the stuff we haven't seen yet (that might or might not be available day one).

I'm taking the day off work for this so I'm gonna get my playtime out of it lolll you can even catch me weeding for 8 hours if there's nothing else to do

My birthday is on the 27th. I figured "I have the vacation time saved up so I might as well take off the 20th through the 27th".

I have to work, so I won't be playing for like 8 hours like some people say, but I'm guessing between playing at midnight as soon as the digital copy unlocks for an hour or so and playing for a few hours when I get home will be more than 2 hours. Cos Imma have to set myself up and then get my boyfriend to make his character so we can play together. Whew!

If I have the game by then, I would literally not put down my switch. Someone would have to pry me off, lmaaooo.

Yeah, I'll be playing for hours on day one. I'll get up early, have a nice indulgent breakfast, then play all day. I don't care if I run out of things to do, I shall find things to do!

I will play way more than 2 hours xD I will get it on midnight and play as if there is no tomorrow. If I run out of things to do I will fish to hoard some bells. Besides people freaking out about the smallest details so I guess there is a lot to see and explore.

Don't Animal Crossing towns usually reset at 6am? For those playing at midnight, you'll practically get 2 in game days. Though as soon as you finish the tutorial, all shops and villagers are likely to close and lockup for the night.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if we can have up to four playing characters in this game like in the past AC console titles? If so, playtime can be verrrrrry long on any day 😁

Last edited:
I think you can have up to 8, matching the maximum number of accounts on the Switch.

You can play online with 8 people but only 4 houses or characters per island. Can't remembet where I saw this but I am sure it's this way. Maybe I can find the source :)

Back