• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Don’t expect to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons for more than 2 hours on March 20

I think It’s hard to say until we get more details. We don’t really have much to go on.

That said.. just being able to walk around and explore everything will be nice. Get the layout of the land really.

Here’s hoping that direct comes out sooner than later.

In my opinion, I will probly play it for more than 2 hours on the first day. Since Animal Crossing games using have an introduction/tutorial, I would expect Animal Crossing New Horizons tutorial/intoduction to be around an hour since all the new deatails such as paths, placing funiture, placing your hosue, and placing your neighbors house. Also, the intorudction will probly also include a cut-seen to saw which will last 5-10 minutes and decide how you look. Also on the first day, usually you play for a few hours and try to earn bells by catching aniamls and getting plants to pay off your intial hosue loan. Lastly, with the addition of crafting players will play for longer to be able to collect all the material to be able to craft funiture for their house and the outdoors.

i've been anticipating this game for so long that i wouldn't be surprised if the first day was me just exploring every nook and cranny nonstop.

i want to see the progression of the sky from day to night! i want to see what old and new bugs and fish come out! i want to fiddle with the in-game camera! i want to discover all the clams we can dig up on the beach! i want to stock up on weeds and other materials like a deranged hoarder! i want to see if i can discover any secret finds and easter eggs! i want to exhaust all the dialog options for my villagers! i want to memorize my island! i want to read other players' experiences in blogs and tweets and forums!

i want it alllll.

Animal Crossing's gameplay being limited is not a mind-blowing fact. I've known it ever since I started playing games in the franchise with City Folk back in 2009.

That being said, Wi-Fi brings a whole new level to AC, regardless of the game. :)

People will go hard with things like crafting, making money and getting far enough to make paths etc. it's not that people want everything done in a hurry, it's more addicting than anything. I think I'll be playing for more than two hours, it's going to take me long enough to customize my character lol.

I needed around 4-5 hours on the release date of New Leaf just to decide on a map. :D I will definitely play New Horizons all day when it's coming out on March 20.

I hated that so much in New Leaf. I felt like I waited forever for that game to come out to begin with, and then it came out in Japan months before. When I finally got the game, I only got to play for a very short time only to be told "You'll have to wait until tomorrow". I'm like "I've been waiting for this game for three years. Let me play it."

I only got to play for a very short time only to be told "You'll have to wait until tomorrow".

LOL, what? If you're referring to mayor status, that took more than 1 day, but also, nothing in the game prevents you from exploring or bell making. The worst of it is you can't do public projects for a few days. Hardly a problem considering the Projects take time to complete and collect donations for anyways.

I'm kinda glad for this as I no longer have hours and hours of time to spend on playing video games anymore. :(

I work on the 20th and probably won?t be able to make it home until late at night anyways.
I have asked for the 17th off since it?s my birthday, so I can?t possibly ask for the 20th as well. I?ll try though!

Last edited:
I'd be playing it for hours.
Catching bugs and fish and generally progressing through the game.

Talking to villagers, gathering materials and so forth.

If I remember correctly, I played New Leaf on it's release date for more than two hours, so I'm pretty sure I will be playing New Horizons for more than two hours, possibly all day in fact. Really, in Animal Crossing, there is never an end to doing things, even on the first day. You'd be surprised of what some people can do and find. I know I'm going to enjoy this game very much. c:

I can see people spending many hours just exploring every nook and cranny of their newly created town. Keep in mind that everything looks so much better now, so there's the WOW factor to consider too. Yeah 2 hours seems a little conservative to me.

ACNL first day was 5 hours and 28 minutes. I checked my activity log to find the time.

I did a blind playthrough and spent most of the time getting to know the villagers/planting trees.
Reset about 4 times to get perfect apples.

If it's as good as ACNL I plan to play the same amount of time. If there isn't a lot to do I might make a 2nd player.

Back