• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Don't run through my flowers!!!

I think some people just like doing it... a friend of mine came over to my town and ran over all of my gardens, even my rares, and when I told him to stop he said he was a "plant murderer". He has absolutely no flowers in his town. (He's 17 I think.)

Personally, I don't want you running in my town at all though. I like my grass and flowers where they are. Also I don't mind when people take fruit, but at least take all 3 if you shake them off a tree, so I don't have to clean up after you.

It's ok.They'll regrow in a day(or 2).Just keep track of who destroys your flowers and make a black list that bans them from your town after running through your flowers for more than 3 visits.Idk just a idea :p

I want garden fencing in the next AC. I thought we might finally get some, but alas. I think garden fencing would help the gardens look really nice and also help in keeping people the heck away from your flowers.

flowers come and go, i don't really care if people run everywhere in my town
speed is the best way to get to the places that you need to go to, personally i hate the way a character looks when walking
it looks like they're sneaking around which kinda bugs me

I use flowers as paths where i dont think i design path looks good... Also use them as space fillers around buildings and between trees and bushes, so literally my town is half flowers. I have no problem with people running in my town, but there are paths to get to every place, and all flowers are where you can run without disturbing them, so it is a pet peeve of mine when people run straight through mine :/ especially because i have a huge corner of my town that is solely a hybrid garden, and people will run through it just because it's a big huge space of just flowers.... Bugs me so much :( my ONLY town rule is watch out for flowers!!

I think some people just like doing it... a friend of mine came over to my town and ran over all of my gardens, even my rares, and when I told him to stop he said he was a "plant murderer". He has absolutely no flowers in his town. (He's 17 I think.)

Personally, I don't want you running in my town at all though. I like my grass and flowers where they are. Also I don't mind when people take fruit, but at least take all 3 if you shake them off a tree, so I don't have to clean up after you.

If he really was 17 as you stated, then that's ridiculous behaviour for someone of that age!

- x - x - x -

I'm very protective over the flowers in my town... haha. I currently want a town full of them, and can pretty much remember what type of flowers are where from the back of my hand. I place important hybrids inside my house so there are no accidents when i'm running around. I'm currently aiming for some hybrids, but its not going so well...
Either way I'd be furious if someone destroyed them. Therefore I rarely let people into my town unless I've played with them a good amount of times. Its a shame... I'd like for people to visit, but I'd rather not upset myself due to inconsiderate people, right?

If he really was 17 as you stated, then that's ridiculous behaviour for someone of that age!

- x - x - x -

I'm very protective over the flowers in my town... haha. I currently want a town full of them, and can pretty much remember what type of flowers are where from the back of my hand. I place important hybrids inside my house so there are no accidents when i'm running around. I'm currently aiming for some hybrids, but its not going so well...
Either way I'd be furious if someone destroyed them. Therefore I rarely let people into my town unless I've played with them a good amount of times. Its a shame... I'd like for people to visit, but I'd rather not upset myself due to inconsiderate people, right?

Right

i feel like everyone here should share their ds code with each other, you guys all seem really nice and considerate. Personally I would love to have all of you guys over in my town. :D

i feel like everyone here should share their ds code with each other, you guys all seem really nice and considerate. Personally I would love to have all of you guys over in my town. :D

Well, my code is

<---------- here.

Feel free to add me =)

I just lost some flowers due to people running, but the fact they dug up my fossils and took them really annoys me...

I just lost some flowers due to people running, but the fact they dug up my fossils and took them really annoys me...

I don't let people in my town until I've done the dailies like fruit picking and digging up fossils for this very reason. :)

Personally I think it's kind of annoying to expect people not to run or to think that running is somehow a rude thing to do. If somebody told me not to run, I'd be respectful but I probably wouldn't be too keen to play with them again in future.

My rule of thumb would be if it looks like the person has carefully placed flowers in their town then I'll make sure not to run when I'm in or close to that area (or if it's a heavily flowered town I won't run at all)

If the flowers are just sparse all over the place (like when you first create the town) I think it's ok to run around, but still being careful not to run into any flowers. (but maybe a little less careful than if I was in a flower garden)

It's not rude to run, it's rude to run in an area that is so obviously important to the person who owns the town.

I don't think there's really a black and white area with this, you just need to use your head.

I don't really see how it's rude. You're visiting their town, so you should expect to abide by their rules. It's the same with visiting somebody's house in real life - you should respect their house and property, just like you should respect their town in game.

That's just common sense.

I have a custom sign near my gate that I want to say "NO RUNNING" or "STAY ON PATHS" or something like that. Anyone think they can make a nice one and give the qr code so we can all use it? :p

I don't really see how it's rude. You're visiting their town, so you should expect to abide by their rules. It's the same with visiting somebody's house in real life - you should respect their house and property, just like you should respect their town in game.

That's just common sense.

THIS.

If you are okay with people running through your flowers, that's fine. However, that only applies to you and your town. When you are a guest in someone else's town, whether you like it or not, you are expected to abide by their rules and respect their town while you are visiting it. It doesn't matter if you don't care about your flowers, if the person whose town you're in does, then it's imperative that you consider their feelings and act accordingly.

the reason flowers are destroyed so easily is to try to encourage everyone to slow down. You still have the option to run, but it's your choice to not. that's all about animal crossing, it's supposed to be relaxing. When you take that away, the game kind of crumbles.

Back