• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Elysium🌿

Island/Town Name
Elysium
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Peach
Native Flower
Lilies
Absolutely in love with this spooky themed area!!!!! The layering of the pumpkins, the fences... I could see myself sitting there to rest after a long night of trick-or-treating ♥

This gave me the inspiration I needed to see if I could fit a seasonal area in my own island...
Might have to invest on some spooky fences now haha

edit: can't believe you got Tasha too! I've wanted her so much in NH since I couldn't buy her amiibo in NL, I might go looking for her after I get Whitney's pic and I move her out... She has a truly gorgeous design
Thank you very much!

The spooky stuff is so so pretty at night. I was pleasantly surprised by it:) and the fences really are now a permanent fixture in my town. I'm glad they made the DIYs so easy to collect too.

Tasha does have a great design. I was planning on replacing Diana with a peppy or lazy, but once I saw her I couldn't pass up the opportunity to invite her.

🍀

EjvzbcsU0AAxTKF.jpeg

Last night I finished up my small beach under the downtown hotspot area and next to Bree and Sherb’s rocky shore neighborhood. For most of my town I throw a bunch of stuff together and hope for the best, but when it came to beaches, I actually had a really specific aesthetic I was going for. I want my beaches to give off that “if you walk here barefoot then you’re definitely going to step on a sharp slimy rock” aura.

Here it is:

EjvzJ8OUYAU31jj.jpeg

Also the water is freezing and it’s too windy. That sort of impression:unsure:

🍀

Lethe’s house is almost finished! I just have the basement left. Who knows what that’s going to end up looking like. Certainly not me.

EjvzD7kVkAIUlSo.jpeg
EjvzD7vU8AAC0tN.jpeg

EjvzD7iVcAAxU5W.jpeg
EjvzD7uUYAAMPjW.jpeg
EjvzJ8TVoAAfo3c.jpeg

It turns out the new imp wings look amazing with the black tuxedo halter dress.

EjvzJ8WU8AE53Lm.jpeg
EjvzJ8CVoAAv-3b.jpeg

🍀

Here is what Lethe is wearing today:

EjvzbcDVoAIkqFw.jpeg

🍀

Last edited:

🍀

I’ve started trying to figure out some of Promethea’s interiors. I’m going for a sort of dilapidated elegance. The bedroom is shaping up to be my favorite room of all of my houses. It’s still incomplete, but I’m so excited about it that I wanted to post it anyways.

EkJSGN6VkAAyuhm.jpeg

Bedroom: Once I get those bright red maple leaf piles, I’m going to have a few spread out in here.

This is actually Harvey’s photo studio. I still need to order/craft all of this stuff. I’m holding off for now because I might eventually make a few changes; it’s so crowded. I'll spend some more time playing around with the lab corner; I may find something I prefer.

EkJSLxeUYAAklLD_2.jpeg
EkJSLxhVoAEEXo9_2.jpeg
For one thing, I want a black den desk to match the rest of the lab.

🍀

EkJR601VoAAMYD0.jpeg

Here’s another Halloween outfit. I guess it’s an imp nurse? I want to call her a cute zombie nurse, but that doesn’t explain the wings, does it? The day I wore this the Nooks happened to be selling a blue balloon (which matched my outfit!!) so I wasted a ton of time taking pictures of it all over my town.

EkJR61WVgAAynaK.jpeg
Promethea’s house in the background.

EkJR61fVoAA43Nm.jpeg
EkJSGNqU4AAZq1f.jpeg
I have designed three flags for Elysium; all three are virtually identical. I can’t decide which one to use. It’s been a huge issue for me recently.

🍀

Are you guys getting tired of the imp wings yet? Pictured below is a pumpkin spice outfit. Yesterday I went to the store specifically to buy pumpkin spice coffee creamer, which I was craving. After I returned home and decided to make myself a cup, I realized that I was completely out of coffee. So I had plenty of creamer but nothing to put it in. I feel like sometimes I sort of fail to see the big picture when I’m planning something. Once in high school I went to the beach for a three-day weekend with a friend and I packed something like eight shirts, zero pants, and zero bathing suits. It ended up being a less fun trip than I anticipated.

EkJSGNkU4AAN3Xd.jpeg
Marshal came to my campsite yesterday. I was tempted to invite him, but I didn’t have anywhere to put him/anyone I was looking to lose atm, so in the end I resisted the urge.

🍀

Last edited:
I'm loving all your halloween outfits ♥ so colorful and fun

also, that beach trip story is totally relatable, I have also forgotten to take a bathing suit with me to the beach, it's the worst lol

But, honestly, I do that type of stuff all the time, I work my hardest to remember little details of things but end up forgetting the essentials...

🍀

EkS0AjEVoAAC1ms_2.jpeg

Has anyone else ever initiated a huge ACNH project that they ended up wishing they hadn’t? That was my NH day yesterday. Elysium was predominantly paved with the brick default path and I’ve been increasingly dissatisfied with that very early design choice I made; I’ve always been jealous of that arched stone path. With my leaves finally starting to get in the autumn spirit (🎉), I decided to go ahead and convert my town from brick to stone since I was worried that the brick path would blend too much with the autumn colors once they really kicked into gear.

Instant regret.

I think at least part of the problem is that I don’t like change as a general rule, but I was definitely wishing that I had just puttered around stalking villagers as usual rather than tearing up Elysium’s entire road system on a whim. It’s taken some doing, but I’m finally starting to shift from horror to cautious satisfaction. I like everything more this morning than I did last night. I hope that isn’t just because the fog is obstructing most of the view.

EkS1BJIU0AAKUD4_2.jpeg
EkS0AirUcAEa_4N.jpeg
EkS1BJEU8AEF4gQ.jpeg
The brick wall behind the flower shop doesn’t look as nice with the arched stone as it did with the brick path, but I haven’t decided on an alternative yet.

The biggest change I made was to my center park area. I re-did this thing so many times yesterday. Each re-do ended with me clearing out my inventory and inadvertently selling an item or two that I was planning to use, so I’m missing some leaf piles and two streetlamps in these pics. I’m trying for a boardwalk-ish look.

EkSz4KoUwAAvKhK_2.jpeg

I think I’ll add some wooden ducks here. I wish I could actually put them in the water.

EkS0AjCUYAIPeAl_2.jpeg
The chess tables are to the left and the mini marketplace is to the right.

EkSz4KsVgAEFpgP.jpeg
Nothing on the shelves of the marketplace yet.

EkS0AiyVgAIW0ZM.jpeg
To the right of the market (the fence opens below the phone booth) will be a bus stop/pumpkin carriage spot. The pumpkin chairs are temporary, eventually that will be some sort of bench; I have to see what looks nice with the carriage once I get it. Really looking forward to that pumpkin carriage!

🍀

I took a bunch of pics of the fog. Once I’ve sorted through them, I might post a few later. AC fog is amazing!

🍀

Last edited:

🍀

Elysium has a Dream Address.

I’ve been dragging my feet, but I’ve finally set one. I love my Halloween decorations and I want to share a dream while they’re still up. I’m not posting it anywhere except here until I’ve polished it up a bit though. And I might take it down later after I inevitably start feeling overwhelmingly self-conscious, I know myself. Anyways, my island is not even remotely complete yet, but I doubt I’ll ever feel like it’s complete (which is part of the fun for me), so I figured: why wait?

Ekvm2qEUUAA66I-.jpeg

Feel good “acnh life is about the journey” vibes aside, my island seriously is incomplete. Not just in a “slightly short of perfect” way, but in a “I still don’t know what I’m supposed to do with all of these flowers” way. I have a few spots on the island overrun with hybrids that I can’t quite bring myself to get rid of yet, even though that would be the obvious solution. I would suggest avoiding these areas for now, they’re difficult to reach and quite frankly not worth the journey. I’ve helpfully scribbled on this map to highlight their locations:

Ekvm2qQVMAEx-gt_2_LI.jpg

• I’m in the process of redoing the second level of my island. The woodsy stone path leading to Promethea and Echo’s houses is likely to stay, but everything else is up in the air.
  • Right outside Penelope’s front door there’s a bit of frame rate loss. It’s probably the combo of the flowers and the waterfall. I’m not thrilled with it, but so far it seems to be limited to a small enough spot that I’m willing to pretend I’m not aware of it for the time being. There’s also some dragging around one of the hybrid spots.

Most of my houses are in various stages of completion but I’m kind of proud of what I have so far, so if anyone would be interested in visiting the resident homes I’ll lay out which rooms are more or less finished to save time. Even the finished rooms are missing a few things, but they’re presentable.

Lethe: Everything but the basement.

Echo: The main room and the ground floor room opposite the entrance/stairs.

Xenia: Everything, a basement will be added later.

Penelope: The main room and the ground floor room opposite the entrance, just like Echo.

Promethea: Everything, a basement will be added later.

If anyone does happen to visit, I would be very (very) grateful for any feedback. I’m particularly interested in whether or not you notice any frame rate loss in areas outside of the spots I mentioned above and if you were able to make your way around without too much trouble. I tried to make it easy to navigate, but I've never had an outside perspective on it, so it's hard to know how successful I was. This is probably silly, but I'm honestly a little nervous about posting this. I always meant to put one up in New Leaf, but I never got around to it.

🍀

Promethea’s house is the one I'm excited about right now. Unfortunately, since I avoided using overhead lighting throughout her entire home, nighttime isn’t the best time to see it and my Dream takes place at night. Here are a few shots of Promethea’s house during the day.

My favorite room is the bedroom. I posted it a few days ago before I got the leaf piles, but this is it now:

Ekvm2qgU0AAoO55_2.jpeg

I ran out of patience and TTed to get the red leaf pile recipe.

EkvmrSBVMAYo5gW_2.jpeg
EkvmrRrVgAA3mcE.jpeg
Living room/Conservatory/Lab

EkvmrRiU8AEbEXs_2.jpeg
Theater (Creepy? Cute?)

EkvmrRiUcAEELKX_2.jpeg
Library.

Ekvm2p0VMAcnqZo_2.jpeg
There is a semi-concealed shower head hanging over the door. It sounds like rain. Like overhead lighting, I didn’t want to use any music in Promethea’s house, but I did try to throw in a few ambient sounds like “rain”, crickets, and a projector in the theater.

🍀

Last edited:
omg!!! 😍 😍 can't wait to visit! I'll definitely let you know when I do, I feel like I already know your island so well from following this journal lol

it's like a... dream come true, you could say... haha (sorry about that)

I also really get you on the insecurity side of posting a DA, I always worry people will be disappointed somehow, but I'd say that seeing the stuff you put a lot of love and hard work onto through the eyes of someone who understands and appreciates that can be very heartwarming and flattering.

I'll be sure to take lots of photos when I visit ❤️

omg!!! 😍 😍 can't wait to visit! I'll definitely let you know when I do, I feel like I already know your island so well from following this journal lol

it's like a... dream come true, you could say... haha (sorry about that)

I also really get you on the insecurity side of posting a DA, I always worry people will be disappointed somehow, but I'd say that seeing the stuff you put a lot of love and hard work onto through the eyes of someone who understands and appreciates that can be very heartwarming and flattering.

I'll be sure to take lots of photos when I visit ❤
Thanks river! Everything that I've seen so far tells me that I love your taste, so I'm interested in hearing what you think:)

🍀

Eo-RkuhVQAUZLzS.jpeg

After uploading my DA back in October, I suddenly felt super motivated to finally start cleaning up some of the areas I spent the majority of the DA post apologizing for. I cleared out most of the overgrown hybrid flowers and put in a bridge.

Eo-RuVUUwAAzvFi.jpeg
Eo-RuVMVoAQ6gae.jpeg

🍀

I’ve amassed a huge backlog of fall photos. Here are a few:

Eo-RkuhVEAAH8V6.jpeg

Eo-R8ZBUwAAYvGz.jpeg

My island has developed a serious duck infestation.

Eo-Smp9VgAALa43.jpeg

Eo-RkuqVEAAqglW.jpeg
Love this flower combination. Black Tulip, Lily of the Valley, and white Hyacinth. I have so many Lilies of the Valley now and I couldn’t quite figure out how to use them, pretty as they are.

🍀

I’ve been busy preparing Elysium for the Holiday season. I didn’t want to wait until mid-December to start my seasonal decorating frenzy, so at the beginning of the month I actually TTed to the 15th to start collecting mats and DIYs. I’ll probably do a proper holiday decoration post soon since I plan to finally update my DA, which still reflects the late October version of my town.

Eo-SmpxVoAEUZDt.jpeg
Eo-S9J2U8AAPxpF.jpeg

I shamelessly copied river's use of the white frames after seeing them on the Lenù island journal. Sorry river! I do love them though.

🍀

It's certainly been an unconventional Holiday season, but I hope everyone and their families are well. Take care.

🍀

ahhh Elysium looked so gorgeous in the fall ♥♥ can't wait to see it fully decked out for holiday season!

also omg absolutely welcome to the white frame addicts club!! ❄️ that last screenshot looks straight out of a postcard 🥰

hope you and your family are safe and taking care of each other as well 💞

🍀

Eo-SuALVQAMvB5R.jpeg

The dream address has been updated for the festive season. Actually, I think I may have been a bit hasty. There was a kind of cool cloud pattern this morning, so I thought to myself: “it’s GO time!” But then as I was wandering around talking to my animals, they all kept slyly mentioning stuff like “wow, wouldn’t it be crazy if there was an aurora tonight?” and “it’s on clear days like today that I wouldn’t be surprised to see an aurora!”. Darn. I don’t think that I can update the DA twice in one day, but if it’s sufficiently impressive I might TT back to tonight from tomorrow to get that coveted aurora dream.

Eo-TMXWU8AAQ5dx.jpeg

Eo-SmpsVgAIn8rZ.jpeg

🍀

I decorated the houses for the season as well:

Eo-SuAdVoAA9vh5.jpeg

Eo-SuAIUcAAjPvm.jpeg

Eo-TMXYUcAE25QL.jpeg
Eo-S2CZUwAA-28e.jpeg
Eo-S2C3U0AMsHeR.jpeg
Eo-S2CcVgAAwFwk.jpeg
Eo-S2CrUwAIlbvb.jpeg

🍀

DA: 4467-3759-7336
Despite the town still being a work in progress, I've added it to my signature now that I've cleaned up some of the messier areas. The resident homes are all in various stages of completion.

🍀

Last edited:
can't wait to visit!! I'm in desperate need of some motivation to get up and start looking for those DIYs haha ♥

Ooh, can’t wait to visit - and I love the island name!! (Big PJO fan over here, if that‘s where you got the name inspiration from, lol. If not you most likely have no idea what I’m talking about and think I’m a weirdo)

can't wait to visit!! I'm in desperate need of some motivation to get up and start looking for those DIYs haha ♥

I think you'll like the festive DIYs once you get them. Though the process can be a little tedious. My favorite is the candle. I may just be deluding myself since I love it so much, but I think it might be ok for non-festive seasons too? And that new wallpaper from the last patch...:love:

Oh my goodness, this all looks sensational. 😍 I cannot wait to visit this evening.

Thank you!

I hope it lives up to your expectations:) Just to warn you in advance: some of the houses have incomplete rooms.

Ooh, can’t wait to visit - and I love the island name!! (Big PJO fan over here, if that‘s where you got the name inspiration from, lol. If not you most likely have no idea what I’m talking about and think I’m a weirdo)

I'm not familiar with that, but I don't think you're weird at all:)

My island name and all of my resident names originate from Greek mythology. I can see why that might seem strange though, since my island is not even remotely Greek themed. Originally I thought it might be, but I ended up going with something else. I hope you enjoy your visit!

🍀

Snowy Windows🎷
~A Peculiarly Pretentious Picture Portfolio~
EpY_R3DUwAIQxWA.jpeg

EpY_K25UwAEbBcm.jpeg
EpY_pdvUcAASB0B.jpeg
EpY_pdJUUAEVnls.jpeg

EpY_R3QU8AALmBe.jpeg
EpY_K3KVEAAJipI.jpeg
EpY_K3LUcAII6iR.jpeg
EpY_pdTUcAAFdUa.jpeg
EpY_R3HUYAAzWyW.jpeg
EpY_R3gUYAEZQIj.jpeg

🍀

Today someone gave me a packet of gummy bears that tasted exactly like playdoh. The resemblance was uncanny really. If I thought it was a deliberate decision on the part of the manufacturer I would have been impressed, because they nailed it. When I was a child I used to eat playdoh, but I am now a mature adult with a refined palate and I prefer it when my gummy bears taste like strawberry or something.

🍀

Last edited:
In love with this photo series ♥ I love the windows in this game, they feel so alive and make our little homes a lot cozier ☕

Also, so sorry for the gummy bear incident. Those companies are really running out of flavor ideas lol

In love with this photo series ♥ I love the windows in this game, they feel so alive and make our little homes a lot cozier ☕

Also, so sorry for the gummy bear incident. Those companies are really running out of flavor ideas lol

Those snow covered windows act as a coziness multiplier in every room. My favorite window effect by far:)

🍀

EvGu-ggUYAEMPdE.jpeg

I woke up this morning to rain over Elysium. I had decorated my island with vibrant spring colors in anticipation of the end of the winter season.

EvGu-gbUUAMMe_W.jpeg

The snow melted and revealed a rather drab late-winter color scheme. I actually love it.

EvGvFVYUUAAWn4I.jpeg

I was going to hold off on any Dream updates until the green grass and leaves grew in, but I ended up updating this morning.

EvGu-giUYAEl2rP.jpeg

EvGu-gCUcAIVOdM.jpeg
EvGvFVbVcAMtXEG.jpeg
EvGvFVEUUAEedKJ.jpeg
EvGvFVCUYAIi-xr.jpeg

🍀

Back