• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

English names for characters and shops

JimmyJacobAC

Turned over a New Leaf
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
So Shizue is called Isabelle now. My girlfriend is named Isabelle and she plays this with me, so I think she'll probably just name her character Bella. Kaizo is Cyrus now. We also now know that R. Parkers is called "Re-Tail" in the NA and EU versions of the game, something I definitely like.

Was this information revealed in the Europe Nintendo Direct? I didn't watch that one. If not, where are you getting it from?

The names were revealed in both while "Re-Tail" was gotten from the official North American box-art seen in the NA Direct today.

I preferred R Parkers as it was a play on word of alpaca :( Oh well. I like the name Cyrus though!

Cyrus is a great name for Kaizo. It's going to be hard to switch to the English names, after I've talked about them so much with their Japanese names. It's like they're imposters!

Nook's Cranny is now Nooklings Junction.

That is adorable :I
Also, Re-Tail going to take some getting used to... I liked the reason behind R Parkers better xD but I understand why it was changed.

Shizue is Isabella? ...Hey Mayor! Whatcha' doin? lol! I hope sonebody gets it!

I saw something along these lines elsewhere....
but...
I don't get it
._____.
someone explain pl0x.

I wish they managed to keep the pun with Shizu's original name, Isabella feels a bit random.

That is adorable :I
Also, Re-Tail going to take some getting used to... I liked the reason behind R Parkers better xD but I understand why it was changed.

I saw something along these lines elsewhere....
but...
I don't get it
._____.
someone explain pl0x.

It's from Phineas and Ferb. :) Their friend Isabella always greets the pair (mainly Phineas) with a "What'cha dooooin'?"

Wut. Her name is going to be Isabella? FML... Thats what I was going to name my town DDDDDD: Yes I was going to name my town Isabella.. thats what I called my town in GC and I really liked it.

Back