• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

English names for characters and shops

I did research.

She is called Reese because there is an American fashion designer named Tracy Reese who makes clothing out of Alpaca wool.

So they probably got her name from there - so the whole 'Reese is a boys name'... Personally, 'Reese' is the female spelling of 'Reece' (or Rhys) - Just like how commonly Lee is for boys, and Leigh is for girls, or Ash for boys, Ashley for girls, Adrian for boys, Adrienne for girls. blah blah blah...

Doubt it'll stop people being pissed off by it, but it's some small trivia or w/e I just came across.

And it seems the name came form the surname not the given name.

Last edited:
i honestly never realized that r parkers was a pun until now.
re-tail is good tho.

alpaca and llama can breed and produce offspring, i believe. like wolves, dogs, and coyotes. or horses donkeys and zebras. or lions and tigers. or dolphins and orcas. you get the picture.
although you could argue extremely well that being able to produce offspring shouldn't validate a relationship. n_n

do we have boxart yet for NA?

Yep! Check the Valentine's Day Nintendo Direct for Boxart!

I am just happy it wasn't cancelled or postponed again!
June 9th is abit of a wait but atleast the game is worth it.

Characters

JP: Shizue
EN: Isabelle

JP: Lisa
EN: Reese

JP: Kaizo
EN: Cyrus

Buildings

JP: Dream Mansion
EN: Dream Suite

JP: Nook’s Cranny
EN: Nooklings Junction

JP: Club 444
EN: Club 101

JP: R. Parkers
EN: Re-Tail

Other

JP: Idol K.K.
EN: Bubblegum K.K.

JP: Dream Code
EN: Dream Address

JP: Delicious Fruit
EN: Perfect Fruit

JP: Morning Town
EN: Early Bird Town

JP: Rich Town
EN: Wealthy Town

Many of the changes seem a little odd and un-necessary to me, such as Lisa, R. Parkers, Nook's Cranny, Idol K.K, Dream Mansion, Morning Town, Rich Town, Dream Code, and Delicious Fruit but I digress. I'm just excited for the game itself.

(AS SHOWN AT: http://acnewleaf.com/2013/02/16/loc...otted-in-the-latest-animal-crossing-new-leaf/ )

Last edited:
Just because you added a couple of things and changed the layout, it doesn't make copying my post ok.

Just because you added a couple of things and changed the layout, it doesn't make copying my post ok.

I'm sorry I didn't see your comment before! I have now, and I honestly wasn't copying it I just got the info off an animal crossing site that showed the changes. I'm sorry! :(

You're kidding right? It's in exactly the same order and you have even got the same topic headers! If you didn't take it, please show me the site that obviously has stolen my post so I can vent my ticked-ness in the appropriate direction.

Ah, go figure. But it was sourced anyway, so everything seems to be in order. u-u

Hi, I'm the guy that wrote that post so I guess if you're ticked off I'm the one to throw it at. :p It's sourced and explicitly stated in the post that they were found on this forum so I don't see a problem. Definitely not claiming I found them or anything.

yeah it pisses me off irl too when people call me isabel instead of isabella so this annoys me too. just because theyre similar doesnt mean its okay to call her the wrong name >.<

when i was like 13 every1 call me billy instead of jake and now every1 think i a girl it ok i feel ur pain

I know Billie is considered a girl name where I am. Because of the 'ie' but Billy with a 'y' is usually considered to be male by people around here.

My cute little cousin is named Isabella and I call her either Belle or Bella. Haha. But yeah, I'll probably refer to Isabelle as Belle from now on.

Back