• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

[Entry #09] Deep Reflection: Exploring GIMP All On My Own

Ryumia

✨ The Hermit ✨
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
7537-9913-9099
Island
Toy Duck Plush
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Clownfish Plush
Dino Plush
Tricolored Puppy Plush
kYqDUw1.gif

🌺 Blog Banner by A r i a n e 🌺

buX5JRJ.gif
buX5JRJ.gif

Hey! Today I am going to talk about my experience with using GIMP. It is a free and open-source raster graphics editor. I really had a lot of fun using it to the point it was a bit addicting at times, even though I sometimes got a little frustrated when things didn't turn out right when I was creating things on there.

In any case... What got me to use the program was when the discord server that I was in called Cozy Crossing Community made an announcement about custom TPCs (Town Pass Cards). I thought the idea was pretty cool and thought about making one myself, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it at the moment and waited before deciding to actually give it a shot. Wish I had done this soon though.

Here was my first creation on GIMP:
uYkjvdn.png
- I'm really proud of my first creation on GIMP since it opened up possibilities of what else I can try to do with the program. It really motivated me to try other things with GIMP. Adding the villagers and resident option was something I came up with on my own when I first worked on my TPC with the TPC template.

With the next creation that I made I decided to try to make a text signature. I thought it would be cool to make one of my own and decided to give it a shot to see if it something I would like to keep making if successful. The reference that I used to attempt to make one was a text signature that I commissioned from someone on the site. That person that I requested for it goes by the username A r i a n e.

Here's my own text signature creation:
bOkyVmZ.png
- When I originally tried to make the text signature I was trying to make it animated, but I couldn't really find a tutorial that could help me with it. Was sad that at the time that I couldn't make an animated one, so I had to use a regular image to assist me with my text signature. I struggled a little to make thing exactly how I kind of wanted it to be, but there were some parts I didn't know I was doing wrong and I ended up not going back to try to fix those. But... With all that I did and whatnot... It turned out alright.

My next creation on GIMP:
FISQDQh.png
- Yup. I made my own ACNL Signature and I kind of like how I turned out. Even though... The signature isn't animated whatsoever like I would have wanted. When working on this ACNL signature I discovered how I could have fixed the text signature to how I kind of wanted. Like... I also kind of have a smaller-like version of this ACNL signature that I made on GIMP. To explain here... I would kind of have to redo and resize a lot to fix the text signature that I made like I did with making a smaller-like version of the ACNL signature. Overall... I'm glad that I was able to figure out how I could of fixed the text signature if I ever wanted to go back to it. Decided that it was best to leave the text signature on hold for now.

The next creations after the ACNL Signature were these:
eVkTZ2C.png
fty60X3.png
- I decided to make small signature icons for both my ACPC account and ACNL town. Made these icons because I wanted something to go next to my wider ACNL signature from the left and the right side of it. Just didn't like just having only the wider ACNL signature. I like how these turned out despite the fact getting the colors that I wanted to make it how I wanted it to look took a long while to do.

Last creation that I made on GIMP:
iuDf8qz.png
- Made a banner for Cozy Crossing Community discord server. I thought it would be cool to make one since I was already too addicted in making stuff on GIMP as well as the fact that I like being in the discord server with the other members on there. Always having a good time there, even though I don't really talk that much on server. It's a really good environment to be in in my opinion.

So... Before I started to make the banner for the discord sever I looked at the other discord server banners and saw what was used so I don't completely use the same stuff by accident.

My original idea was to use Crazy Redd instead of Porter; however, I couldn't find a good transparent of Crazy Redd. The color of the signature was going to be like a golden color instead of a red color because I was thinking of it being like some raffle ticket instead of train ticket. But... I am glad I stuck with Porter since it seemed easier to make a banner revolving around him. A ticket shape banner was the idea I was going for since the beginning of when I originally wanted to use Crazy Redd for the banner.

Once I finished the design of the banner I sent it to one of the staff members of the service and they loved the design of the banner. They asked if they could place it with the other discord banners and I gave them my approval for the banner to be used. When I posted the design of the banner to the proper section of the server other members from the server loved it as well. Hard work pays off. :3

I can't wait to see what creations I would make next on GIMP. Don't have anything in mind at the moment, but I'll be sure to have lots of fun with whatever I am going to create.

As always... Thanks for reading if you did. Very much appreciate it. :]

buX5JRJ.gif
buX5JRJ.gif

Back