• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

favorite "overrated" villager

Marshal is so overrated but I don't care, he's been my favourite villager since I started playing the game (back before I even knew who popular villagers were). <3

Oh man, I like a whole bunch of popular villagers... But my top favorite is Marina!

Bob. One time that sneak stole my ebony piano that took me a long time to get while I was skipping through dialouge

I Like so much Zucker! And Coco is my favorite bunny :p <3

My favorite overrated villager is Etoile. I don't really like frilly overly cute villagers, but everything about her from her design to her palette, right down to the furniture she carries and represents is just so wonderfully adorable. She's not too over-the-top cute, and she's not bland, everything about her is just right.

I absolutely love Tangy. She matches my town theme which is named for Ehime prefecture in Japan, which is most famous for its tangerines and mikan/tangerine yuru chara mascot, Mican/Mikyan. She's adorable, of course, but matching my town flag and name means she's the one villager I'll never let move away. Thankfully, I think she's my only high-popularity dream villager and even then, I didn't have to trade for her as she showed up in my campsite all by herself last week, about a month after re-starting my village! I was so thrilled!

Tangy, Tia, Diana, Etoile and Stitches (all of them except Etoile are dreamies for Moriyo).

Last edited:
I guess my favorite overatted character is Kiki and muffy. All my other characters are pretty much unliked I think. Mostly all the black characters :)

Last edited:
Kinda depends on who you consider overrated but Diana and Whitney come to mind.

Definitely Marshal. He's very nice, but also half of the villagers in my town are squirrels, and at some point, I had a full squirrel town...
I like octopi and Zucker is my favorite, nice natural color scheme and kinda fun with being a takoyaki, so I have him. I would've also gotten Marina if I didn't have that many normal villagers in my town already.

I think all the popular villagers are pretty popular for a reason; when I see them in a town I always sorta go "ah, they look so good.."

Chief is my absolute favorite villager, i like him so much I bought his amiibo card <3

also Bob is a big sweetheart, and i like Kyle, Lolly, Julian and Beau c:

Probably Merengue. Ever since she moved into my town in my last game, I was always in love with her character design and the look of her house.

Well, Marshall is overrated for a reason: he is very cute and desirable 'cause the design.

Flora, Fauna and Molly are also my others preferite villagers overrated.

I miss Beau, Erik and Diana, i really like deer in game... deer town could become a nice (popular) alternative to my ostrich town D;

Last edited:
Back