Pokémon Favourite New Pokémon from Scarlet/Violet?

Snek

Legends Z-A Hopeful
Bells
Switch
0744-8044-4420
Dragonscale Easter Egg
Chinese Dragon Head
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Tail
Mermaid Scale Halloweaster Egg
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
I know that this generation has a lot of mixed feelings about the designs but I know every generation has at least one good design.
What is your favourite of the new gen? If you really don't like any of the new mons you can include an old mon in the game from a previous gen.

My favourite should be obvious since its been my pfp for awhile now. Gholdengo wasn't what I was expecting Gimmighoul's evo to become but it has grown on me significantly and very useful in singles and raids.
316954318_10229114029777224_1751977503047287778_n.jpg

Tinkaton and Sprigatito. One is hilarious and the other is a kitten. I also love Maushold, Dachsbun, and Smoliv

I wasn’t expecting it but my new favourite is Scream Tail. It’s been the MVP in many high level Tera raids as a supporter. I love it so much.

The one below is shiny but I like it’s regular colouring as well.
652A1906-79D5-4C81-A313-B7AD4FACF502.jpeg

This is the ‘cliché’ answer but Tinkaton. They really remind me of Slurpuff which is my Gen 6 favorite.

I love a lot of the designs and concepts/ideas this go around which is better than what I could say for the previous Gen. Tinkaton just so happened to beat out all of them.

Surprisingly, I have quite a few.

I like Finizen/Palafin. I wasn't really expecting to like such a plain "Echo the Dolphin" type little guy...but, here we are. I never knew I wanted a dolphin Pokemon. Also, Kingambit is cool because he looks like a Samurai. Annihilape, because he's basically a Primeape that got so angry he died. Lol. And Tinkaton reminds me of a Heartless from Kingdom Hearts.

So...those are probably the top ones for me. But I am fond of a few others as well. This generation surprised me a bit.

Honestly...Primeape getting so angry that it died might just make it my favorite. I can relate. Lol.

Last edited:
My favorite new Pokémon is Mabosstiff and it’s not even close. My trainer card features him. It took so long to get him to cooperate, but I’m satisfied with this. The ocean background pulls it all together.

1ED2297F-D617-4E57-92C2-4B7851DABBD7.jpeg

Roaring Moon for sure! I kind of hated Mega Salamence to be honest back in generation six, but Roaring Moon has captivated my heart. Especially because its typing is different. I've always loved Dragon type Pokemon. They're my favorite type of Pokemon in the game, and Dark/Dragon for Roaring Moon plus the other things it has going for it makes it an upgraded version of Hydreigon, one of my other favorite Pokemon from the past.

Tinkaton for me! Honestly I just loved watching it go from baby to "I'LL SMACK THE BLEEP OUTTA YOU" lol
I have one I played the story with and one that has amazing stats that I caught from a tera raid. I can't bring myself to get rid of my original one lol...

My top ten (ish) goes something like this:
1. Finizen/Palafin - I was over the moon when I first saw it. It's pretty much exactly what I wanted in a dolphin pokémon (which I had been wanting so badly)! Super cute with a gorgeous blue color and pretty pink accents to boot!
2. Flamigo -After dolphins, Flamingos were number 2 on my list of animals to be made into pokémon. Sure, it's not much different than a normal flamingo but I don't care, it's cute and cool just like flamingos irl n.n
3. Crocalor - I love the Mexican inspirations they went for with this line. I wish I liked skeledirge but it's shapes are so wonky...like they made its snout look like a concorde DX But Crocalor is the perfect middle evolution!
4. Kingambit - It's just awesome, that's all.
5. Dolliv - I knew we'd get another feminine grass mon based on past trends, and I knew I'd love it because I usually find those designs cute ^^
6. Sprigatito - One of my favorite types + My favorite animal = Win! Also, green and pink! <3
7. Tinkaton - What can I say, she's iconic XD
8. Quaxly - He's a cute lil duck ^^
9. Scream Tail- I find it relatable for similar reasons to LuchaSloth and Annihilape. Especially the shiny, it looks like its eyes are full of rage. O.O
10. Squawkabilly - A nice looking pokémon. I wish they made a red one instead of a white one, but oh well.

Last edited:
Annihilape hands down. I didn’t plan on using it but it very quickly replaced my starter and became my most used mon. Called it Joy Boy cause he’s so angry.
Kingambit and Baxcalibur are up there as well.

I think I might be in the minority but I don’t actually like most of the new Pokémon from Paldea. I don’t understand the hype over the dolphin at all. I think its evolution is a cool idea but performed poorly, should’ve just been its standard ability. I don’t really understand why it evolves into the same thing. Flamingo is ass as well.

Something is just “off” about most of the new moms to me, wish I could explain why but unfortunately I just don’t like them. My team was mainly old mons.

My top ten (ish) goes something like this:
1. Finizen/Palafin - I was over the moon when I first saw it. It's pretty much exactly what I wanted in a dolphin pokémon (which I had been wanting so badly)! Super cute with a gorgeous blue color and pretty pink accents to boot!
2. Flamigo -After dolphins, Flamingos were number 2 on my list of animals to be made into pokémon. Sure, it's not much different than a normal flamingo but I don't care, it's cute and cool just like flamingos irl n.n
3. Crocalor - I love the Mexican inspirations they went for with this line. I wish I liked skeledirge but it's shapes are so wonky...like they made its snout look like a concorde DX But Crocalor is the perfect middle evolution!
4. Kingambit - It's just awesome, that's all.
5. Dolliv - I knew we'd get another feminine grass mon based on past trends, and I knew I'd love it because I usually find those designs cute ^^
6. Sprigatito - One of my favorite types + My favorite animal = Win! Also, green and pink! <3
7. Tinkaton - What can I say, she's iconic XD
8. Quaxly - He's a cute lil duck ^^
9. Scream Tail- I find it relatable for similar reasons to LuchaSloth and Annihilape. Especially the shiny, it looks like its eyes are full of rage. O.O
10. Squawkabilly - A nice looking pokémon. I wish they made a red one instead of a white one, but oh well.
Oh I like this about a top 10! I'll include more mons that I like rather than just one

1. Gholdengo - like before its my fav. If there was one mon I could choose if I lived in the Pokemon world it would be Gholdengo. I would be using Make It Rain like crazy so I wouldn't have to work too hard lol

2. Annihilape - My favourite cross gen evo in general. Such a cool evo for Primeape and long deserved! It was so angry it died lol Fighting/Ghost is a good typing too.

3. Quaquaval - Water Blaziken. Enough said right? Well, I'll add more. Sort of biased too because I chose Quaxly but I really liked how they incorporated the peacock in Quaquaval's design too since I always wanted a peacock pokemon

4. Varoom/Revavroom - I really like this line. Its a way of doing a car pokemon without going full digimon. The animations for it captured my heart too because it reminds me of a playful puppy.

5. Charcadet/Ceruledge - I love this line (not you Armarouge) Many don't like humanoid pokemon but I thought they handled it well like they did with Gallade and Infernape.

6. Kingambit - I love Bisharp. Don't get me wrong. But Kingambit would have been higher on the list if it wasn't for riding around on his hair like a mobile scooter.

7. Miraidon - I prefer future rather than past/ancient pokemon so getting Violet was a good idea. Its design is sleek and really fits its Electric/Dragon typing. Hadron Engine is also really good for setting up Electric Terrain too (sorry Pinch)

8. Pawmot - Just Pawmot, no Pawmi or Pawmo which seem to me are interchangable. I've been wanting an Electric/Fighting since..well..since getting shafted for a mono type Zeroara. Revival Blessing is also such a great move.

9. Skeledirge - Another ghost but you have to admit ghost designs are awesome. Finally a fire starter on all fours! When was the last time? Typhlosion? It being a singing crocodile is also pretty funny to me.

10. Iron Moth - I really like Volcarona so when I saw this I was so excited. Probably the best designed future pokemon after Miraidon in my opinion. I like how Iron Moths wings are like solar panels.

My personal favorite new pokemon is Fidough and it's evo because I'm a sucker for dog pokemon (despite not using them on any of my main story teams)

I want to like Flamigo...but, it is quite literally just a Flamingo. - I guess this is a common theme for most of the birds, tbh...Pelipper was just a Pelican, Cramorant was just a Cormorant, Swanna was just a swan, Pidove is just a dove, etc. - I'm really not sure what I expected. But, Flamigo somehow feels even more "just a bird" than the others. I was happy to finally have a Flamingo Pokemon. Seems like something obvious that should have already existed. BUT...the execution feels heavily of "here's a flamingo".

I also just looked up how to obtain Kingambit, because that is probably the next one I'll try to add to my permanent team. And I gotta say...that is the single most convoluted evolution technique I've ever seen. - I appreciate the chess reference. But, really...lol.

I really like Tandemaus and Maushold. The Pawmi line is also super cute! Did you know that if you send out Pawmot in the water, it will actually swim and move it’s arms to stay afloat? It is extremely adorable to see.

Last edited:
5. Charcadet/Ceruledge - I love this line (not you Armarouge) Many don't like humanoid pokemon but I thought they handled it well like they did with Gallade and Infernape.
I can’t believe I forgot about Charcadet and Ceruledge! (But I also like armarouge). They probably deserve a spot on my list, maybe replacing Quaxly and Squawkabilly. Maybe Iron Valiant too. Finally, a fairy fighting type and it’s a cute and cool robo gallade/gardevoir with a cool hairstyle ^^

Definitely a tie between Scream Puff and Greavard. I found this gen to be very hit and miss overall, though. But if we're going top ten....

1. Scream Puff - Jigglypuff holds a place in my heart, mainly thanks to the anime. Scream Puff is a fantastic variation, and the shiny is easily one of the best compared to what we've been given for shinies lately.

1. Greavard/Houndstone - Ghostly dog. Greavard knows how to dance, too. Just a shame my Houndstone spent 80% of the maingame ignoring my commands.

3. Floragato - Probably in the minority here, but Floragato's animations have so much more personality than Meowscarada's. I ended up never evolving her past this stage for that reason, even if it put me at a disadvantage at times.

4. Mabostiff - I don't have any issue admitting the story influenced this one. I love his grin.

5. Quaquaval - I don't get the hate for this guy? He's amazing. Just look at his *fabulous* running animation.

6. Annihilape - I said in a previous thread on this forum that Mankey is one of my favourite underappreciated Pokemon, and I love his new final evolution.

7. Kiraidon - I initially disliked both legendaries, but Kiraidon grew on me through the course of the game.

8. Baxcalibur - Admittedly, I would have preferred an actual spinosaurus evolution to a Godzilla one, but he's still pretty awesome. Mine is a False Swiper.

9. Slither Wing - I'm not huge on Volcarona, but this guy looks incredible.

10. Roaring Moon - This looks so much better than Mega Salamence, imho.

These are my top ten in no particular order, just the ones that quickly come to mind and really left an impression on me~

1. Pawmi - it's really adorable and I would keep it in its basic stage. Pawmo and Pawmot just don't do it for me, because first impressions when evolving into Pawmo I was like "It just learned to stand upright" and it also loses that vivid orange color of its fur, though it gains it back as Pawmot. Speaking of Pawmot, it's essentially just a scruffy adult Pawmo. But, when you think about it, their evolutionary line is as close to an actual real world evolution as you can get in terms of animal physiology. My absolute favorite Pika-clone is Dedenne but Pawmi comes in second place. Morpeko is my least favorite, easily.

2. Frigibax - the first time I saw it waddling around the snowy mountains I literally squealed in delight 😍 love its design, it's like a hybrid frog/fish/dinosaur. Its second and final stages are also really fantastic, too. Baxcalibur always tricks my brain into thinking it's dual Steel/Dragon with a name like that, though, but overall a great design and signature ability, too.

3. Scovillian - the very first Grass/Fire type we get and I think it's really cool, that design is just so good. Very reptilian-looking and I'm all for it. Arven's Scovillian in our final battle was a real threat, too, with such a varied move pool and coverage. That thing hits hard lol also Capsakid is super cute and evil-looking, like an alien. I really like it.

4. Koraidon - quite literally the main reason I chose Scarlet version. Its design is one of the best I've ever seen and spoke volumes to me as a person really passionate about reptiles. Overall its design pops much more than Miraidon, and that's a straight up fact. I also like its animations more, its Apex Build, and how it very much reminds me of Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon 🥰

5. Slither Wing - man, that thing is sick-looking. Just when I thought Volcarona couldn't look any more of a monstrous moth. My favorite Paradox mon, easily. I actually would love a plush toy of it, looks so fluffy!

6. Great Tusk - my second favorite Paradox mon. Doesn't get more prehistoric than that, overall great design!

7. Chi-Yu - just a small lava fishy looking so oriental: it really put the hurt on my team with its Lava Plume attack!

8. Cetitan - loved it from the moment it was officially revealed. And it has a killer shiny coloration, too, one of the best among Gen 9 shinies. Also Cetoddle gives me major Gen 2 vibes for some reason lol it's gotta be the eyes and that round body, simple yet effective design.

9. Fuecoco - that derpy look on his face just makes me so happy, what can I say? 🥰 I really think it's cool that how, as a Skeledirge, in one of its animations the little fire bird picks at its teeth, just like how real world birds form a symbiotic relationship with some crocodilians in that the bird is safe from predators and in exchange the crocodilian is kept clean. You see this kind of behavior with other birds/mammals/reptiles in the animal kingdom, which is fascinating to see.

10. Toedscool - just for the freaky way it runs 😂 immediately reminded me of the Ramblin' Evil Mushroom enemy from Earthbound the very first time I ever saw it.

Oh I like this about a top 10! I'll include more mons that I like rather than just one

1. Gholdengo - like before its my fav. If there was one mon I could choose if I lived in the Pokemon world it would be Gholdengo. I would be using Make It Rain like crazy so I wouldn't have to work too hard lol

2. Annihilape - My favourite cross gen evo in general. Such a cool evo for Primeape and long deserved! It was so angry it died lol Fighting/Ghost is a good typing too.

3. Quaquaval - Water Blaziken. Enough said right? Well, I'll add more. Sort of biased too because I chose Quaxly but I really liked how they incorporated the peacock in Quaquaval's design too since I always wanted a peacock pokemon

4. Varoom/Revavroom - I really like this line. Its a way of doing a car pokemon without going full digimon. The animations for it captured my heart too because it reminds me of a playful puppy.

6. Kingambit - I love Bisharp. Don't get me wrong. But Kingambit would have been higher on the list if it wasn't for riding around on his hair like a mobile scooter.

7. Miraidon - I prefer future rather than past/ancient pokemon so getting Violet was a good idea. Its design is sleek and really fits its Electric/Dragon typing. Hadron Engine is also really good for setting up Electric Terrain too (sorry Pinch)

8. Pawmot - Just Pawmot, no Pawmi or Pawmo which seem to me are interchangable. I've been wanting an Electric/Fighting since..well..since getting shafted for a mono type Zeroara. Revival Blessing is also such a great move.

9. Skeledirge - Another ghost but you have to admit ghost designs are awesome. Finally a fire starter on all fours! When was the last time? Typhlosion? It being a singing crocodile is also pretty funny to me.

10. Iron Moth - I really like Volcarona so when I saw this I was so excited. Probably the best designed future pokemon after Miraidon in my opinion. I like how Iron Moths wings are like solar panels.
Wouldn’t have to work hard other than hunting down 999 coins 😭☠️

Back