• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Pokémon Favourite New Pokémon from Scarlet/Violet?

I'm a naturally adventurous person so it wouldn't be too hard 😉🤑

It's not so bad when you realize that you get 50 coins by defeating the Gimmieghoul at the top of the towers. Still a pretty wild evolution technique. But, it's better than collecting them one coin at a time. Lol.

Slither Wing! Giant snuggly moth dinosaur. Easily one of my new favorites of all time. It's so bright and beautiful in-game and has one of the best shinies in Scar/Vio imo. Volcarona was already top 10, and I love Slither Wing even more. Iron moth is mid.

It's not so bad when you realize that you get 50 coins by defeating the Gimmieghoul at the top of the towers. Still a pretty wild evolution technique. But, it's better than collecting them one coin at a time. Lol.
Chest Gimmighouls eventually respawn so its not as hard to get a Gholdengo as its made out to be. 999 is a huge number but if you're consistant in finding the Gimmighouls its not hard at all. I find it more challenging getting a beneficial nature + one perfect IV, which my minimum requirement in catching a Gimmighoul since they cant breed. My OCD prevents me from having fun sometimes 😮‍💨

Just found a person in Medali who will also give you coins.

He says something about always finding a bunch of them and having no use for them.

My favorite new Pokémon is Dachsbun. It's an adorable dog made out of bread, need I say more? XD
Though I do kind of wish they'd kept its Japanese name, Bowtzel (combination of "bow wow" and "pretzel," I think).

Finizen/Palafin is also very cute, and I think the hero mode mechanic is clever and funny conceptually.

Reactions: Neb
tinkaton, pawmot & smoliv. i rarely (if ever) go for super pink/cutesy things in general but idk man, tinkaton just won me over with the giant hammer. pawmot is a BABY and smoliv's whole evolutionary line is just p cool imo. honorable mentions go to greavard, dachsbun and miraidon, who are all very good boys.

i also really love sprigatito (which is wild because i've never picked a grass starter in my life lol) but its evolutions disappointed me, as did the other starters as well. they weren't bad but just like, not as good as they could've been.

For me it’s Greavard. I’m a sucker for ghost types and fluffy dogs, so it’s a perfect design for me. Once plushies are inevitably made for Gen 9 Pokémon, Greavard will be my first pick.

My second and third favorites are Orthworm and Flamigo! They’re really solid single stage Pokemon with appealing designs. I know Flamigo gets a lot of flack, but I actually like its simplicity.

Grafaiai has had my soul since the day it was revealed. Love the design, seeing all the inspirations combined to create it and to me, it’s adorable. I’m hoping TPC will make a plushie of one.

Honourary mention to Flutter Mane and Greavard/Houndstone, I love ghosts.~

I LOVE Maushold

The mice are so cute and I love how it's like a family with 2 parents and 2 children. They also get bonus points for their mouths bc the single tooth they all have is adorable omg

They might be small but they will kill u LOL

Reactions: Neb
My favorite new Pokémon introduced in Scarlet and Violet are Scovillain and Wo-Chien. Grass is my favorite Pokémon type and these two are both really neat in their own ways.

Scovillain is a really solid Pokémon conceptually with its hot pepper design theme tying into its Grass/Fire dual typing really well. I love spicy food and hot peppers, so it's neat to have a Pokémon based on them too. Grass/Fire is also, as of this writing, a dual-typing unique to Scovillain itself, so it has its own little niche. I like its monstrous design with the two reptilian heads, and the red and green pair well visually.

Wo-Chien, meanwhile, looks like some mythical, otherworldly forest creature which is befitting its legendary status. It kind of makes me think of something you'd see in a Jim Henson fantasy movie like Labyrinth or The Dark Crystal. I love how it looks, being made up of assorted foliage and with the lore-relevant tablets making up its snail-like "shell." Grass/Dark is a cool typing as well.

If I were to expand it to a top 10:

1) Scovillain and Wo-Chien (I like Scovillain better for gameplay, Wo-Chien better in terms of design. So, they tie.)
3) Houndstone
4) Meowscarada
5) Skeledirge
6) Ceruledge
7) Armarouge
8) Annihilape (Always been fond of Primeape, so glad it got such a powerful and well-received evolution.)
9) Quaquaval
10) Brambleghast

Last edited:
Back