• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Features that would have been nice.

We do have that, we can chose to let in anyone from our friend list or just the people we have registered as best friends in game.

No, what I mean is an 'Acquaintance Mode' as in the player that visits would be unable to affect your town in anyway. All they can do is come and view the town and trade. They wouldnt be able to interact with your shops, trees, rocks. Wouldnt be able to dig holes or anything. People have had issues with people visiting and trolling them, this would allow people to add more people to trade with without fear of someone coming in and digging holes while they arnt looking.

Right now I am very paranoid about who I invite over to the point I just end up sticking with the small group of people I already know unwilling to interact with more people, when these updates were meant to make the game more social.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and I forgot to add my own suggestion. Have more than 1 line of text available to speak to visitors. I have had to resort to text-speak and I HATE that.

It would be nice to have a chat app in the game store that could run with any game, that allowed more text and maybe worked with that DS keyboard they're making! Though nintendo seems to like having very limited chat, they are still targeting the younger players rather than the nostalgic adults.

I love everything about New Leaf - but in a perfect world...

- Isabelle should alert the mayor when a new villager wants to move in. The mayor should then tell Isabelle where the new villager should place their house (like a Public Works project).

- If an undesirable villager moves in, the mayor should be able to evict the villager. Maybe once per month to curb crazy villager turnover.

- The game should know if you already have a certain animal type. With so many available animals out there, it seems odd to have multiples (3 mice, 2 koala bears, etc.) at the same time. For example, I really want a cat, but I have 2 bears, 3 mice, etc.

- Since each 'well' in your pocket can hold up to 9 of the same fruits, the well should populate automatically with the same fruit (as you're harvesting) until you've reached the limit per well. This would save time.

- Isabelle should have a little loft over the Town Hall - this would be where she lives. It would be nice to see how she'd decorate her home and what her interests are. While bubbly (and probably highly caffeinated), her character is a bit illusive as if she's some kind of droid!

- You should be able to jump and dive into water falls! Also, the control for swimming should be more sensitive and quicker. Way too much repeated force is needed to move relatively slowly in the ocean.

- You should be able to swim in the river! How cool would it be to slowly go-with-the-flow as the river takes you town to the beach? I think that would be fun.

- It would be nice if you can just leave a store without someone stopping you to say 'thanks' or 'come again'. That greeting should be incorporated into a sale. If you don't sell anything, there is no need for an exit greeting.

- I would love a public works project that would place an outdoor shed anywhere in your town that would give access to your closet/storage. I know you have access in the train station, but I'd like a shed placed somewhere else for easy storage access.

- Finally, I wish there was a way to get songs from Wild World into New Leaf. The 10pm and 11pm songs in Wild World we amazing (ambient, relaxing, layered, mysterious) and I miss listening to them while exploring the town at night.

Put an item in Streetpass that you are willing to lucky dip trade with another StreetPasser. Would be a great way to earn fruits. Also, Streetpass giving you that persons native fruit, delivered to the ingame mailbox.

Sowelu said:
- You should be able to swim in the river! How cool would it be to slowly go-with-the-flow as the river takes you town to the beach? I think that would be fun.
And then you crash with the bridge :V

I already said the pattern sloths thing. Custom trousers and skirts anyone?

option to kick out citizens (easier)
water (to drink)
skip the island song

you can skip the island song by:

- tapping A/B
- holding a shoulder button and tapping A/B
- tapping the touch screen repeatedly

Thanks for the island song thing, Zen!

We just need more pattern slots and ability to decide when do our neighbours set their houses. I don't want to lose my gardens.

I think these features should have been added:
-Two more villager personalities
I know it sounds ridiculous, Since we have 2 new ones, but we need some more variety, Wouldn't you agree? I'd say the Boy personality should be.. Smart. They get along well with Normal and Uchi villagers very well, same with peppy, but they do NOT get along well with Snooty and Smug villagers, due to their ways of being spoiled (Snooty) and in their opinion, disrespectful to females (Smug). Maybe it should be an all gender Personality..

I think these features should have been added:
-Two more villager personalities
I know it sounds ridiculous, Since we have 2 new ones, but we need some more variety, Wouldn't you agree? I'd say the Boy personality should be.. Smart. They get along well with Normal and Uchi villagers very well, same with peppy, but they do NOT get along well with Snooty and Smug villagers, due to their ways of being spoiled (Snooty) and in their opinion, disrespectful to females (Smug). Maybe it should be an all gender Personality..

I don't think we need more...

-See where each player is in town, but then again that would take away the fun of hide and go seek
-Villagers donated at least 5,000b a week towards publics works projects.
-Spotpass mail (as mentioned)
-Ability to jump (the japanese title was "AC: Jump Out")
-Evict one villager per month (as mentioned)
-If you preform at least 5 tasks for a villager and befriend them you may order at least 5 things of furniture from their house if they invite you.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the ability to give other players fish and bugs :)

Stackable tools! There are so many & sometimes putting them in letters just isn't convenient.

Bigger town map at least... feels abit small when I think of it, but then again maybe I have too many villagers.

Bigger town map at least... feels abit small when I think of it, but then again maybe I have too many villagers.

Maybe not bigger but unlockable areas to extend the map? A park, a special area for protected farming, maybe a fairgrounds for festivals

Separate slots outside of the inventory for the tools would certainly have been nice. The inventory feels even smaller in this game than it did in the past.

Ability to customize the colors/patterns of skirts/pants/accessories... At least let us change the color of glasses.

Otherwise, why is the series still keeping the limit of bells in the bell inventory to 99,000 bells? It becomes ridiculous when you have to fill your entire inventory up with bags of bells just to get to purchase one of the more expensive items in the game, like the crowns.

Back