• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Features that would have been nice.

Separate slots outside of the inventory for the tools would certainly have been nice. The inventory feels even smaller in this game than it did in the past.

Omg this. This before ANYTHING else. It sucks having limited pocket space because of tools. Then if I put all other tools away besides the one I'll be using I see things I need to catch with another tool. Ex: Only fishing rod equipped....go to fish...rare bug flies by.

Garden Fencing/Flower Beds (similar to where you plant in the Gardening Tours).

There is a small 2x2 public works of this. But I agree, there should be larger ones so you can safely put hybrids there without fear of villagers flattening them.

It'd be nice if they removed the villagers complaining about you playing too long and looking tired. Everytime I go to the island, or main street or anything and return to town I am guaranteed that is the next thing I'll hear from a villager. I'm getting ironically tired of being told I look tired.

Separate slots outside of the inventory for the tools would certainly have been nice. The inventory feels even smaller in this game than it did in the past.

Not sure if you already do this, could be useful for other people too though. But you can get extra (10?) inventory spots by putting items in letters as presents and just take them out when you need them. I've been doing that since the first animal crossing game and it works pretty well for me. Although you can't put fish or bugs inside letters.

An easy to use, anonymous online auction house that allowed you to bid on things other people have on the market (Without having to be online, and being able to access everyone, not just friends).

Guess I played way too much D3 lol

Trading feature.. not sure why we have to drop things to do a proper trade.

Would be nice to be able to use your bank balance to pay off loans, too. Not sure why I have to withdraw the money and then pay it off.

This thread makes New Leaf seem terrible, huh? Lol.

The auction house idea is great, I would love that!

The #1 thing I want is being able to choose where to place villager houses. Why on Earth the dev team thought random placement was ok is beyond me! At least give us the choice. Placing projects that designate where to move in and if none exist, they move in randomly. Everybody wins!

This may sound Harvest Moon-ish but I've always wanted to be able to have a small garden and cook in Animal Crossing. ^_^;

It would have been nice if we were able to adjust the placement of our tent or public works projects while they're still in the donation stage. These things aren't permanent in real life and are easily doable. It's a tad frustrating when you misplace a project and then have to wait a whole day to redo it after canceling funds. :c

- Rotating public work projects.
- The ability to pass down Mayor duties to another resident.

It'd be nice if they removed the villagers complaining about you playing too long and looking tired. Everytime I go to the island, or main street or anything and return to town I am guaranteed that is the next thing I'll hear from a villager. I'm getting ironically tired of being told I look tired.

I think they did it in Skyward Sword too. The whole point of it is "We don't want children playing video games for the entire day!"

Having different ways of getting specific PWPs. I like how the villagers suggest them, but I would've liked more that had specific requirements behind them.

I think they did it in Skyward Sword too. The whole point of it is "We don't want children playing video games for the entire day!"

But I'm not a child! xP
It'd atleast be nice if you got more than an hour before it starts. It takes me 25 minutes to water my flowers!

since we can stack fruit, why cant we stack flowers in little bouquets

I would like separate slots for the tools. Or maybe an unlockable backpack to carry more small items like fruits.

Three words:

COMPLETE OPEN WORLD.

...... no loading screens whatsoever, every district and all the interiors are ONE map...
just walk into a house without any interruption, the villagers would also be able to do that (better daily routine), the whole world will be more dynamic, etc....

For me it would be:

Being able to have one villager live on the island, like in the old games.

Being able to destroy rocks permanently...or at least when you hit ANY rock (not just gem rocks) with the shovel it will bust apart. I find rocks annoying because they interfere with the flow and design of the town, especially if you want to put down a project somewhere or want to decorate with patterns.

Being able to drop things down onto patterns. It's kind of annoying that you can't do this. If you shake a tree and there's no pattern-free space under it the fruit just disappears into oblivion or something... Or if you pop a balloon over an area with patterns the present just vanishes...I do not like this.

Perhaps fertilizer for grass deterioration?

More space for patterns. Frankly I'm really surprised they didn't decide to give us more room for patterns? Even though they introduced the QR machine in this game? Like....what the heck. Obviously we'd need more space for patterns now more than ever in this game!

A little more freedom with placement of public works...It can be kind of restricting at times.

Shrubs being able to be grown around houses. From what I've heard shurbs are pretty darn finicky!

Personal opinion but I kind of miss the design of the map/world in earlier AC games...I don't particularly like the sudden cliff and then the beach underneath that. For example I liked when ramps did this: 1, 2 , 3 , 4
I just liked when the beach was a gradual slope and not a cliff over looking the beach.

They should also bring forked rivers back! Because:
Mini islands!!

Hmm that's all I can think of atm. I might edit later!

Back