• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ferguson: Your Thoughts.

Do you believe that Officer Darren Wilson is guilty?

• Yes

Votes: 103 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 19.4%
  • I do not know

Votes: 32 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:l Really?

I live in Missouri, I've been around some of the protests but at least they were peaceful, I'm not in Ferguson thank goodness though. Thing is, whether or not the kid did anything at all, I don't believe the officer needed to shoot him. Shooting, in my opinion, needs to be the very last resort. There are other, less lethal ways to incapacitate someone thought to have committed a crime.

Don't judge me for my satire.

im going to say that this whole situation has made me feel something stronger than i have felt in a while. ive been shifting between sadness and anger. it really gets me that this boy was murdered and his killer can say on TV that he feels no remorse and would do it again even after the fact. it really gets me that people are going out and celebrating this decision, including the KKK and people see nothing wrong with that. guys the KKK... it really gets me that black people are still being senselessly killed by police rn.

this is so scary to me

I wish I could revote, I accidently pressed no, I want to vote I don't know...

No one except the officer, the man, and a few witnesses were there. So only they know the truth. There are some false statements floating around, and some real ones. But unless you were actually there, you wouldn't be able to tell which is which. So... I'm not sure tbh.

But I do think the more violent protesters should be charged... Still somewhat on topic.....

Last edited:
I'm going to vote that I don't know on this because I wasn't there, do not have a forensics degree, law degree, or am qualified to make an educated decision on it when I don't have all of the facts, and neither does anyone else here besides those that are part of the trial or part of the family.

There is no way for an outside person to know what truly went down. It's not possible considering media doesn't have access to the finer details that go into the grand jury making a choice in these kinds of cases.
The entire case was released for anyone to view. You can easily Google it. It's the entire set of grand jury documents. I'd rather not link it here since it's a bit graphic at times.

I wish I could revote, I accidently pressed no, I want to vote I don't know...

No one except the officer, the man, and a few witnesses were there. So only they know the truth. There are some false statements floating around, and some real ones. But unless you were actually there, you wouldn't be able to tell which is which. So... I'm not sure tbh.

But I do think the more violent protesters should be charged... Still somewhat on topic.....

Sucks too that so many witnesses lied. Now we can't differentiate real or fake.

It's really upsetting to see so many stores looted in the protests. A lot of store owners have to restart or move elsewhere.

I don't know if he is guilty. Similar incidents seem to happen to often in the US. It reflects badly on the police and it seems to give a lot of black people validation for their gut feeling that there are still inequalities in the American society.

I can't say I can't understand that. Statistics don't lie. I think it is virtually impossible to understand as a caucasian what its like to be black and live with that heritage. It only gets worse if we don't even try to look in to it and our hearts and try and understand.

This incident imo showed a serious problem area in society, especially in America, but also present in for example our Dutch society. The way of protesting is decided by raw emotion, raw emotion with a much more deeper background then just this incident. I don't want to judge it, but ofcourse authorities have to stop it. I hope someday these incidents will bring an open debate, but I doubt it, people are scared of the topic of racism/equality on a deeper selfreflective level.

But again, can't say ifhe is guilty. American cops, compared to most European law inforcers, are quite forceful in their approach. It goesmuch deeper, but I doubt getting into it will intereet anybody here. I think the police chief over there raised good points, even though he shouldn't have brought themalmost as an excuse. Thats not what America claims to stand for.

Nice answer. I wish people would get over their skincolour indifferences and started looking at these things objectively.

Only the cop knows why he reacted the way he did, no speculation is going to get anyone closer to the truth. Peoples emotions are a powerful thing and they can create a strong clouding of judgement.

The scary part of the story is that people see what they want to see. Even when the guy ended up not being found guilty, people's emotions are still out there.

Come on everyone, let's grow as a species... aren't we getting tired of this?

Last edited:
Released by the grand jury or by media outlet? Either way I stick by the fact that I don't have a formal education in US or Regional law, nor do I believe statements considering how much money goes into hiring expensive lawyers that will do nothing but lie.

Released by the grand jury or by media outlet? Either way I stick by the fact that I don't have a formal education in US or Regional law, nor do I believe statements considering how much money goes into hiring expensive lawyers that will do nothing but lie.
By the judge proceeding over the case. There was a huge debate over it.

You realize juries don't have law degrees either, right?

I love Nordic cops, I think they handle situations very nicely. I do think police officers in America are too rough, however. And by Dutch culture, are you referring to Black Pete by any chance?

That is one example and a big one, yes.
I don't think there is anything racist about that holiday, but I do feel the reaction of Dutch people to the people voicing issues with it are in some cases racist and in many cases completely missing the point that people who find it racist trying to make. Also why it is so important to them.
I think, like suchshootings in America, it uncovers a deeper problem in society, like a dormant issue with discrimination and inequality.

BTW, I can somewhat understand the more rough approach of American cops as well. There are many more weapons floating around under civilians and also many more cases each year of civilians prepared to use them. It puts you as a cop in a completely different state of mind. Its quite complex, thats often the case when deeper problems are the core of the issue. Shame that no one gets near that core and we only keep the surface nice and tidy and not the ticking timebomb that lies underneath,

Last edited:
No, they don't. But the point was more directed at the legal side of things.
Bu if we have access to the same documents a jury did we can clearly make our own independent decision, much like a jury. I mean that is literally what a jury is, a cross selection of people that review material. And we have the exact same material they had, ever piece of it, to look over and therefore we can form our own conclusions without a law degree.

Except if you don't agree with a grand jury decision then something apparently is different from what we know and what they know. Either way, I'm not saying you can't make a decision based on what you have, I'm saying I don't feel it to be morally right to do it myself with the information presented to me in the way it is.

I'm very neutral on the situation.

No, they don't. But the point was more directed at the legal side of things.

I was confused but I think I see what you're saying.
You mean that we don't know everything so we shouldn't make assumptions, right?

So the rioters are trying to say that the use of unnecessary force should be punished by unnecessarily causing uproar/violence to erupt through rioting, which could also cause others of their race to be killed? It's kind of self defeating in my opinion.

Yes, I agree that the officer should be guilty of killing a man, but the media is blowing it entirely out of proportion.

Last edited:
So the rioters are trying to say that the use of unnecessary force should be punished by unnecessarily causing uproar/violence to erupt through rioting, which could also cause others of their race to be killed? It's kind of self defeating in my opinion.

Yeah, I heard one black man was shot and he wasn't even protesting. Another man was beat with his own oxygen tank! Very sad. I also read that many of the store owners were black! Upsetting to see someone's little bakery be burned to the ground due to the reckless behavior of people who call for peace.

so wilson didnt know that brown 'stole' the cigarillos until AFTER he shot him, yet knew the exact brand that brown supposedly had in his right hand while he hit wilsons right cheek with his right hand.........which once again, were holding the cigarillos. wilson was in the drivers side (left) so how could brown have hit him....
the only way that brown could have 'grabbed for his gun' is if the gun was out already. why would wilson need to pull it out.
wilson did say that he felt no remorse and if he could, he would shoot brown again. plus hes linked to the KKK.

people are saying he was a thug, yet his friends say he could have joined the football team but didnt because he didnt want to hit anybody.
my apush teacher was saying wrongful things about him (hes white btw,,,,) and he was making me so angry. we then proceeded to watch mississippi burning (which is about racism in america)

[goes to sleep]

so wilson didnt know that brown 'stole' the cigarillos until AFTER he shot him, yet knew the exact brand that brown supposedly had in his right hand while he hit wilsons right cheek with his right hand.........which once again, were holding the cigarillos. wilson was in the drivers side (left) so how could brown have hit him....
the only way that brown could have 'grabbed for his gun' is if the gun was out already. why would wilson need to pull it out.
wilson did say that he felt no remorse and if he could, he would shoot brown again. plus hes linked to the KKK.

people are saying he was a thug, yet his friends say he could have joined the football team but didnt because he didnt want to hit anybody.
my apush teacher was saying wrongful things about him (hes white btw,,,,) and he was making me so angry. we then proceeded to watch mississippi burning (which is about racism in america)

[goes to sleep]

I thought you were playing the Pokemanz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back