• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ferguson: Your Thoughts.

Do you believe that Officer Darren Wilson is guilty?

• Yes

Votes: 103 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 19.4%
  • I do not know

Votes: 32 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted that I do not know. Because a cop claimed it was in self defense and people are killed that way all the time. Yeah, the teen was unarmed, but you don't have to be armed to cause a lot of damage to someone. I also don't know the true story because everyone has had different stories to tell about how it went down. I don't know what ACTUALLY happened.

I do know that this topic is spreading like wildfire and most of the people I have seen commenting about it are extremely uneducated about this topic and just start flame wars between people of opposing views. Fighting about the verdict isn't changing anything and the Ferguson riots/vandalizing are proving that. The government can't go back and change their verdict; that makes them look weak and could open a huge door that would be very bad.

Still not seeing how his age matters...

If he was five and shot.
If he was sixteen and shot.
If he was eighty and shot.

Of course there is a difference. At different ages you should know more so what is right and wrong. If he was seven and shot, Wilson would be in jail foshizzle.

Still not seeing how his age matters...

Well in a way it matters. But I do see what you mean, it doesn't matter when so many other things in the case does.
I just feel that a lot of times officers of the law, moreso white officers, see african americans as older as they appear. I mean, in the recent shooting of that 12 year old child (this time, CHILD) the cop actually said "The suspect is a black male, maybe 20," So It seems like something to consider. A lot of people overlook the fact that this was a teenager who was actually sweet and kind, and on his way to college. He was a person who's life gotten taken away. He didn't need to be killed. Punished for his actions? Sure. But not with death. And letting his killer go free is borderline disrespectful.
So age plays more into morality, y'know?

Last edited:
If he was five and shot.
If he was sixteen and shot.
If he was eighty and shot.

Of course there is a difference. At different ages you should know more so what is right and wrong. If he was seven and shot, Wilson would be in jail foshizzle.

Oh of course, I was just speaking about the difference of a year that was mentioned (17, 18)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well in a way it matters. But I do see what you mean, it doesn't matter when so many other things in the case does.
I just feel that a lot of times officers of the law, moreso white officers, see african americans as older as they appear. I mean, in the recent shooting of that 12 year old child (this time, CHILD) the cop actually said "The suspect is a black male, maybe 20," So It seems like something to consider. A lot of people overlook the fact that this was a teenager who was actually sweet and kind, and on his way to college. He was a person who's life gotten taken away. He didn't need to be killed. Punished for his actions? Sure. But not with death. And letting his killer go free is borderline disrespectful.
So age plays more into morality, y'know?

Absolutely, I agree with you 100%

Last edited:
I don't get why Darren Wilson should be guilty. Michael Brown is already 18, and if Darren didn't do anything, he would've been dead. And everybody hates him for killing a black person? Did people consider it murder because Michael Brown was "underage", or are they sick of this "racial imbalance"? I'm kinda thinkng that people who oppose Wilson believe that race is the issue.

Darren Wilson is nothing like OJ Simpson. He was about to be killed when the criminal grabbed for his gun. OJ wasn't even threatened when he decided to kill his wife and her friend. I'm not glad that Michael Brown is dead, but he is the guilty party. If you're going to get into a fight with a cop or run away (knowing that you'll get in trouble) then you're going to face serious troubles. Darren Wilson is doing his job. OJ Simpson, on the other hand, was being a real jerk. In fact, he still is a jerk even if he never killed his wife or her friend. The woman he was married to had the right to leave him, but he wouldn't let her leave him. Therefore, Darren Wilson isn't the fourth OJ. Both may be declared "not guilty", but I only felt that one of these trials was fair.

If you want to know why i brought up OJ Simpson, Wilson was compared to Zimmerman by society, and people compared Zimmerman to OJ. And like OJ Simpson, both were accused of murder and never got punished for it. But I felt that Wilson didn't murder anyone. I mean, if somebody puts your life in danger in a city with no law, but you have hundreds of defenses at home, what would you do? People need to look at the real story.

As this case seems to be spilling out onto other threads; I thought it might be prudent to start a thread on this topic. All I ask is that anything related to this topic (the case, circumstances, guilt or innocence, protesting, possible, racial issues, etc.,) be place here. Please discuss and debate this topic in an adult-like manner. Please do not accuse or start calling someone names. Keep this civil.

we had one of these for this topic

it got locked

For now, I'm gonna get off this thread. But I thought I'd drop some important links.

This video. Is so important. Because with all the talk about how Brown attacked Wilson and brought it on himself? This guy, this PROFESSIONAL, proves that wrong.

This tumblr post with a bunch of accurate links on how Darren Wilson is a bad police officer, has had a past of racial profiling, and other important things to note. [x]

This entire blog. But specifically this tag of videos. This has all you need to know from both sides, and doesn't just deal with Ferguson but with every other african american vs police injustice. [x]

A video with Micheal Brown's mom. Remember what I said about humanity? It's important. [x]

Please, no matter which side you're on, have the proper information and sources to back it up. It helps! Stay safe.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't get why Darren Wilson should be guilty. Michael Brown is already 18, and if Darren didn't do anything, he would've been dead. And everybody hates him for killing a black person? Did people consider it murder because Michael Brown was "underage", or are they sick of this "racial imbalance"? I'm kinda thinkng that people who oppose Wilson believe that race is the issue.

Darren Wilson is nothing like OJ Simpson. He was about to be killed when the criminal grabbed for his gun. OJ wasn't even threatened when he decided to kill his wife and her friend. I'm not glad that Michael Brown is dead, but he is the guilty party. If you're going to get into a fight with a cop or run away (knowing that you'll get in trouble) then you're going to face serious troubles. Darren Wilson is doing his job. OJ Simpson, on the other hand, was being a real jerk. In fact, he still is a jerk even if he never killed his wife or her friend. The woman he was married to had the right to leave him, but he wouldn't let her leave him. Therefore, Darren Wilson isn't the fourth OJ. Both may be declared "not guilty", but I only felt that one of these trials was fair.

If you want to know why i brought up OJ Simpson, Wilson was compared to Zimmerman by society, and people compared Zimmerman to OJ. And like OJ Simpson, both were accused of murder and never got punished for it. But I felt that Wilson didn't murder anyone. I mean, if somebody puts your life in danger in a city with no law, but you have hundreds of defenses at home, what would you do? People need to look at the real story.

"If darren didn't do anything, he would have been dead."
Prove that to me. Provide evidence and a source that would have happened. Also, I'd check out this. [x]

- - - Post Merge - - -

Michael Brown was a criminal to begin with! Darren Wilson was absolutely NOT guilty!

Where's your proof?

Michael Brown was a criminal to begin with! Darren Wilson was absolutely NOT guilty!

First of all it's not proven that he had any criminal record at all. Secondly, previous crimes do not justify him being murdered.

"If darren didn't do anything, he would have been dead."
Prove that to me. Provide evidence and a source that would have happened. Also, I'd check out this. [x]

Before I prove it, I would like it if you DO NOT ask me to cite my sources. It's not worth my time, and it reminds me of a horrible forum experience I had before. That, and the site rules does not require citing sources about information like this.

Anyway, what Michael Brown did was that he grabbed for Wilson's gun. If he didn't do anything, Brown would've already take the gun completely and shot Wilson. That's why he stopped him. And people are taking Wilson's actions as murder? That's messed up.

- - - Post Merge - - -

10 members on here how about I post

I would like to see your opinion or something you're about to say.

Last edited:
Before I prove it, I would like it if you DO NOT ask me to cite my sources. It's not worth my time, and it reminds me of a horrible forum experience I had before. That, and the site rules does not require citing sources about information like this.

Anyway, what Michael Brown did was that he grabbed for Wilson's gun. If he didn't do anything, Brown would've already take the gun completely and shoot Wilson. That's why he stopped him. And people are taking Wilson's actions as murder? That's messed up.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The reason it's important to cite your sources is so you have proof to back up what you're saying although I'm sure you already know that. It's completely fine if you don't want to, but it doesn't make anything you say very credible especially when others have sources to prove otherwise. And anyway, the only way he could have "grabbed for his gun" is if his gun was out already which means he already intended to use it.

Last edited:

Anyway, what Michael Brown did was that he grabbed for Wilson's gun. If he didn't do anything, Brown would've already take the gun completely and shot Wilson. That's why he stopped him. And people are taking Wilson's actions as murder? That's messed up.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I honestly don't care about any of this

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

okay I honestly doubt that

- - - Post Merge - - -

but either way no one can make you do anything

The reason it's important to cite your sources is so you have proof to back up what you're saying although I'm sure you already know that. It's completely fine if you don't want to, but it doesn't make anything you say very credible especially when others have sources to prove otherwise. And anyway, the only way he could have "grabbed for his gun" is if his gun was out already which means he already intended to use it.

At least nobody on this site told me to cite my sources in a harsh manner. Whoever harshly told me to cite my sources (came from another site) totally got me to not citing any of my sources at all.

You guys can believe that Wilson was the guilty one, but it won't convince me to believe that he is guilty.

Last edited:
At least nobody on this site told me to cite my sources in a harsh manner. Whoever harshly told me to cite my sources (came from another site) totally got me to not citing any of my sources at all.

so are you citing your sources or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back