• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Fertilizer confirmed for ACNL

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
I know this rumor has been going around for a while. and it's unknown if it's for regrowth of grass. or w/e but its in the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADEcR3EhqeA

ひりょう ---> Fertilizer

fertilizer-1.png

figured this topic could also be used to discuss animal tracks and ****

Last edited:
Maybe it's because I never played City Folk, but I really don't get why people are so worried about the animal tracks thing. It especially seems to matter less in this game since the grass dies slower AND you can get fertilizer.

I was upset about it returning in this game but I got over it. It will be better in this game with it dying slower and fertilizer. In City Folk, it got to the point where there was almost no grass in your town(if you played a lot) and it looked like a big old dirt desert. I never actually played CF long enough for this to happen to me, but I seen videos. It's not a pretty sight.

Maybe it's because I never played City Folk, but I really don't get why people are so worried about the animal tracks thing. It especially seems to matter less in this game since the grass dies slower AND you can get fertilizer.
IMO, I actually like the feature. I don't see why people use it. Just make paths in your town and done. easy. but no. Everyone just hates them, but in all honesty, I am glad they've slowed them down in NL. idk maybe if you played CF you'd understand more

I was upset about it returning in this game but I got over it. It will be better in this game with it dying slower and fertilizer. In City Folk, it got to the point where there was almost no grass in your town(if you played a lot) and it looked like a big old dirt desert. I never actually played CF long enough for this to happen to me, but I seen videos. It's not a pretty sight.
Yeah, it's much better in this game now it seems to be slowed.

I think the reason everyone hated it in CF at first was because we had no pre-warning of it. the game was released everywhere around the same time, and no one was able to get it a few months/weeks prior to discover it. And since no one knew they all just ran around town like crazy, until someone was like 'hey this dirt wasn't here yesterday' and shared it and thus animal tracks was born. Then everyone finally realised that their town were becoming deserts and couldn't be bothered TT'ing to fix their grass

basically, the only reason AT's sucked in CF was because no one knew about them until it was too late
In NL we already know about them, so players can be wary, and it shouldn't be such a terror like it was in CF

IMO, I actually like the feature. I don't see why people use it. Just make paths in your town and done. easy. but no. Everyone just hates them, but in all honesty, I am glad they've slowed them down in NL. idk maybe if you played CF you'd understand more

Yeah, it's much better in this game now it seems to be slowed.

I think the reason everyone hated it in CF at first was because we had no pre-warning of it. the game was released everywhere around the same time, and no one was able to get it a few months/weeks prior to discover it. And since no one knew they all just ran around town like crazy, until someone was like 'hey this dirt wasn't here yesterday' and shared it and thus animal tracks was born. Then everyone finally realised that their town were becoming deserts and couldn't be bothered TT'ing to fix their grass

basically, the only reason AT's sucked in CF was because no one knew about them until it was too late
In NL we already know about them, so players can be wary, and it shouldn't be such a terror like it was in CF

Didn't they talk about it in the Iwata Asks for the game? City Folk I mean. So there was some kind of warning unless the Iwata Asks came out like a month late.

whats the little tree in the slender black pot in the back ground?
i bought one on the island but im afraid to plant it (not knowing if its strictly beach or soil)

whats the little tree in the slender black pot in the back ground?
i bought one on the island but im afraid to plant it (not knowing if its strictly beach or soil)
idk maybe

Didn't they talk about it in the Iwata Asks for the game? City Folk I mean. So there was some kind of warning unless the Iwata Asks came out like a month late.
pretty sure it's a bush

Fertilizer sounds kind of funny :) maybe bushes, trees will grow faster with it, I don't think it's for the grass... dunno

I do remember them announcing Animal Tracks before CF was released. It did sound like a cool thing before people realized how quickly it wore down and how terrible it looked when you ran around your town a lot.

Edit to add:
So it wasn't that it was a feature that no one was warned about, just that it was a feature that no one knew the details of before starting. Who would have expected towns to lose so much grass. I think it was a great idea, just didn't work out too well in CF. I am excited to see how it does in this one

Last edited:
The reason that I hate Animal Tracks is because of how quickly the grass wears down (even when you do nothing but walk) and the fact that the only way to avoid a desert town was to not explore every inch of your town every day (which is what I like to do in search of fossils and other things). I also don't like grass wear around the edge of the river, which happens pretty quickly if you like to fish.
Not only that, but if you did have a desert town, it took WAY too long for the grass to grow back. The only time the grass ever grew was any time you actually got on... when my old town was getting bad, I didn't even want to walk around to water my flowers because I didn't want to wear down the grass anymore :I
I'm being smart with my new town in City Folk and I'm buying and planting flowers every day and placing them in spots where there's already grass wear in hopes of preventing any major wear in the future, but I'm glad about how they're doing it in New Leaf. I think I'll probably do the flower-planting in areas right away once I get that game too :p
I don't mind little paths going to and from buildings but major wear in other areas is just blech. I also feel like the dirt in New Leaf looks better since it's darker. The ground in general looks better xD Hopefully the fertilizer will be for the grass...

I'm blown away by the final expansion. EVEN BETTER THAN NOOKINGTONS!

Back