• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Fertilizer confirmed for ACNL

Can someo be post pictures of how it works?
we dont know how yet so we cant

I'm not sure! i bought one on the island and it's a lot thinner than normal tree saplings... why would it be on the island?
it's a bush
the ones you get in the mall are just normal, the ones you obtain from the island have flowers on them

ok so someone emailed the people about fertilizer and their reply was
"The grass in NL does not die. However it increases in reverse."

However we know it's back in NL so who knows what's going on

Last edited:
Seriously, the grass wearing out is driving me crazy, other people told me the fertillizer *is* for the grass. It better be.. I love my grass;(

I think the reason everyone hated it in CF at first was because we had no pre-warning of it. the game was released everywhere around the same time, and no one was able to get it a few months/weeks prior to discover it. And since no one knew they all just ran around town like crazy, until someone was like 'hey this dirt wasn't here yesterday' and shared it and thus animal tracks was born. Then everyone finally realised that their town were becoming deserts and couldn't be bothered TT'ing to fix their grass

This is how it happened to me. I had no idea about it until I went on tumblr and stuff like...last summer and I saw people talk about Animal Tracks. And then I realized my town was complete dirt almost. It's terrible. I recently looked at my town since it's snowing and I wanted to get pictures. the whole top area of my town is destroyed.

Time to make people sad.
Sumwheat just found someone post the dialogue of what the fertilizer does...

This isn't 100% of the dialogue, will add to this if/when we find more but

HNI_0055_JPG_20121124232447.jpg

http://blog-imgs-55.fc2.com/a/n/g/angepetitange/HNI_0055_JPG_20121124232447.jpg

それはねぇ、
お花や フレーツの木に
栄養をあげる、 ひりょうなんだよぉ~
The fertiliser provides nourishment for flowers and fruit trees.

201212021658113ba.jpg

http://blog-imgs-54.fc2.com/q/u/e/questnikki/201212021658113ba.jpg

きんのスコップって いうんだけどねぇ、
ソレを使って ひりょうを うめると、
ききめが すごくよくなるんだぁ~
If you use the golden shovel the effect will be greater.

---
Note: Golden shovel unlocks after you have bought 50 fertilizer, which you can only buy one of a day, so this will take nearly 2 months AFTER you have unlocked the department store.

There is mention of helping delicious fruits
Question I currently have is how? Is it increase the chance of them appearing, does it mean you can grow foreign delicious? or will it prevent the trees from losing their leaves?

Last edited:
Time to make people sad.
We've just found someone post the dialogue of what the fertilizer does...

201212021658113ba.jpg

Note: Golden shovel unlocks after you have bought 50 fertilizer, which you can only buy one of a day, so this will take nearly 2 months AFTER you have unlocked the department store.

1415102_o.gif

Oh well :p

I had a feeling the fertilizer wasn't for the grass. It actually doesn't make sense when you think about it. Fertilizer is for like plants and stuff. Now all we can hope for is for the grass to die slower and grow faster. Or for Wisp or for Sloth guy to grow the grass back. Has he been confirmed for this game yet? I sure hope he makes an appearance.

What does increases in reverse mean?

I use fertilizer on my grass, though :D So it CAN be for grass! I hope Wisp is back, too!! I hope the fertilizer means that our delicious trees won't lose their leaves. :) Although being able to grow foreign delicious fruit would be awesome, too!

I had a feeling the fertilizer wasn't for the grass. It actually doesn't make sense when you think about it. Fertilizer is for like plants and stuff. Now all we can hope for is for the grass to die slower and grow faster. Or for Wisp or for Sloth guy to grow the grass back. Has he been confirmed for this game yet? I sure hope he makes an appearance.

What does increases in reverse mean?

>most complained about thing in city folk

>nintendo decides to bring back the feature

what

i mean, I get that they're slowing it down but still

what

i donut understand ;w;

Time to make people sad.
Sumwheat just found someone post the dialogue of what the fertilizer does...

201212021658113ba.jpg

---

There is mention of helping delicious fruits
Question I currently have is how? Is it increase the chance of them appearing, does it mean you can grow foreign delicious? or will it prevent the trees from losing their leaves?

That's cool I guess.
I can see a permission in the garden store. Looks like you can buy that there once it upgrades :)

I actually don't understand the point of Animal Tracks. Or why people like it. Because it makes you want to put up paths? I mean Animal Tracks or not you could put up paths anyway if you really wanted. So I just don't see the point in this feature.

Realism effect, if you or a lot of people walk a lot over same area of grass it eventually wears down.
Yet people place footpaths in real life too

But real life is awful why put it in vidya games :c

But that aside, as long as it's not on City Folks's level then I'll survive. I just don't want a dirt town again...

I use fertilizer on my grass, though :D So it CAN be for grass! I hope Wisp is back, too!! I hope the fertilizer means that our delicious trees won't lose their leaves. :) Although being able to grow foreign delicious fruit would be awesome, too!

Oh, I didn't know it was used for grass. I only heard about it being used for plants and flowers. I'm talking bout real life btw.

>most complained about thing in city folk

>nintendo decides to bring back the feature

what

i mean, I get that they're slowing it down but still

what

i donut understand ;w;

Donut XD

But real life is awful why put it in vidya games :c

But that aside, as long as it's not on City Folks's level then I'll survive. I just don't want a dirt town again...

Real life is awful. wow lol XD

You should be thankful that they don't wear as fast as City Folk did. In the latter, it took a few days to even realize that a part of grass is beaten up.

I tried putting flowers and trees over the dirt patch and it doesn't seem that it helps to regrow the grass any faster, so the fertilizer is probably going to play a role here.

Everyone is thankful it's not as bad as it was in City Folk probably.

I am glad Nintendo decided to go a little easier on us this time.

Is there a way someone can compare the two into words for me? What's the actual time difference for grass wear and grass regrowing between city folk and new leaf?

I dont know
but it's slowed down heaps in NL

Back