• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Fertilizer confirmed for ACNL

I've got some issue with grass wear at a certain part of my town, near the bridge. All the villagers seem to gather there and the grass is now nearly all gone. I can't wait till I get the gardening shop upgraded so it has fertilizer. I've been buying flowers and trees everyday and planting where I can.

The good thing is other villagers will plant random flowers as well. So you can grab them and put them at the problem spots.

Did it actually do anything when you did?

If that was for me, ZedameX, I need to clarify. I meant I use fertilizer on my REAL LIFE grass :D I am not fortunate enough to know Japanese, so I don't have the game :)

Time to make people sad.
Sumwheat just found someone post the dialogue of what the fertilizer does...

This isn't 100% of the dialogue, will add to this if/when we find more but

HNI_0055_JPG_20121124232447.jpg

http://blog-imgs-55.fc2.com/a/n/g/angepetitange/HNI_0055_JPG_20121124232447.jpg

The fertiliser provides nourishment for flowers and fruit trees.

201212021658113ba.jpg

http://blog-imgs-54.fc2.com/q/u/e/questnikki/201212021658113ba.jpg

If you use the golden shovel the effect will be greater.

---
Note: Golden shovel unlocks after you have bought 50 fertilizer, which you can only buy one of a day, so this will take nearly 2 months AFTER you have unlocked the department store.

There is mention of helping delicious fruits
Question I currently have is how? Is it increase the chance of them appearing, does it mean you can grow foreign delicious? or will it prevent the trees from losing their leaves?

Sumwheat:
"The fertilizer is indeed just for flowers and trees. Zed didn't post the other info I gave him.
When you ask Lazy what the fertilizer is, he tells you its for giving nutrients to flowers and trees (what zed wrote from what I told him) and then goes on to tell you, if you use a shovel and bury the fertilizer right next to a flower, it will grow lots more flowers, if you plant it next to a fruit tree, it makes it easier for delicious fruit to grow on that tree."

Sumwheat:
"The fertilizer is indeed just for flowers and trees. Zed didn't post the other info I gave him.
When you ask Lazy what the fertilizer is, he tells you its for giving nutrients to flowers and trees (what zed wrote from what I told him) and then goes on to tell you, if you use a shovel and bury the fertilizer right next to a flower, it will grow lots more flowers, if you plant it next to a fruit tree, it makes it easier for delicious fruit to grow on that tree."

:( Nooo! This is disappointing to read.
If the grass does grow back on it's own, it takes a really long time for it to grow back.

It sure is :( I keep hoping for a way to reverse it we just haven't learned yet. I am not a fan of animal tracks :p

:( Nooo! This is disappointing to read.
If the grass does grow back on it's own, it takes a really long time for it to grow back.

lol, i just googled translated those. theyre funny!!!!

Even though it doesn't regrow grass, it's still a cool feature! It can help grow flowers. More flowers = grass regrowth.

How much is the fertilizer?

I don't really mind grass deterioration, because the mud doesn't look as bad as the previous games, and I normally walk anyway.

Well that's a little sad. I have that one spot near my bridge that all the animals are gathering.

Grass Day 5.JPG
This is it on the 4th or 5th day of play.

Grass Day 14.JPG
This is it 5 days after.

Now imagine that area but with one tiny section of grass. It's all gone and I covered it in flowers to try and save it. I'll see how it goes if I can get some of it back. (I may add a picture once I get my SD card uploaded with the new photos)

I'll need to start walking in a certain path instead of randomly all over the place. This is how I play trying to find fossils everyday.

The villagers can cause the grass to die too? I didn't know that.

And who's that on the bridge in the 2nd picture?

Yeah the villagers leave animal tracks too. It's only a problem at a hot spot area like the bridge since they love to cross the bridge for some reason.

The animal on the second picture is the bunny Coco, from previous games.

lol, ah well. I never played ACCF so am not personally familiar with the curse of animal tracks. But don't think I'll mind it too much. I'll just bee so happy to be playing the game!!!

I wonder if the fertilizer also makes hybrids more likely- or makes it so that you can grown foreign delicious fruit? Maybe in combination with the golden shovel?

Yeah the villagers leave animal tracks too. It's only a problem at a hot spot area like the bridge since they love to cross the bridge for some reason.

The animal on the second picture is the bunny Coco, from previous games.

I'm trying to think of ways to prevent these hotspots. Maybe try planting a few saplings there every now and then? Or for the long term, create a path from the bridge using bushes so it looks more natural?

Also, yo! I'm new here!

I'm trying to think of ways to prevent these hotspots. Maybe try planting a few saplings there every now and then? Or for the long term, create a path from the bridge using bushes so it looks more natural?

Also, yo! I'm new here!
Planting bushes may help. I've tried planting trees near the bridges, but they walk between the trees. -_-

thats ****ed if they destroy grass too

nope thats very rude of me to say so i wont post it LOL

I just hope it's not as crazy as it got in CF. I don't mind small, worn paths here and there, but the entire village? My CF town has random patches of grass left and the rest is dirt, because I wander all over looking for fossils, mushrooms, etc. I never run, but it doesn't matter. Hopefully it's more limited in NL.

Also, when I heard what the fertilizer actually does, I wondered about hybrids. Maybe once we have some we like, we can bury a bag next to them and get a bunch more hybrids more easily? I hope so!

That's the thing that drives me insane. You SHOULD be able to walk everywhere and look for these things. HELLO! It's how the game is PLAYED. :mad: I hope it's a lot better this time around. lol

I just hope it's not as crazy as it got in CF. I don't mind small, worn paths here and there, but the entire village? My CF town has random patches of grass left and the rest is dirt, because I wander all over looking for fossils, mushrooms, etc. I never run, but it doesn't matter. Hopefully it's more limited in NL.

Also, when I heard what the fertilizer actually does, I wondered about hybrids. Maybe once we have some we like, we can bury a bag next to them and get a bunch more hybrids more easily? I hope so!

Back