• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Festive Tree Gift Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

meo

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Feedback
100% (437) +
What is it:
Since we're getting into winter now and, with the nature of things going on this year, I know it's reformed holiday plans for many of us. Likewise, being almost a year into the game I know things can begin to stagnate for some. The idea is to have a gift exchange of sorts but one that also includes a bit of decorating (or a lot if you're into that). Wrapping a present, visiting another person or being visited, and seeing/showing a little piece of something decorated for the season might be uplifting for a lot of us right now even if brief.

When is it:
The gift exchange event will be open from December 18th to December 24th. That said, this topic is open and being made now because some expressed they'd like an avenue to connect/help one another decorate.
So if you'd like to coordinate with others before then to share ideas, help craft for one another, struggling to find an item to decorate with, etc - you can use this topic up to the event time.

How to participate:
  • Simply acquire a tree placed outdoors (I put festive tree but it can be the illuminated tree or even really one of the pines with lights if you can't get those) before you plan to partake in the event (18th to 24th). Decorate around it as much or as little as you wish with space of course open around the tree for presents to be dropped.
  • Acquire some gifts and wrap them in wrapping paper for others. There's no requirement on what or how expensive the gift needs to be. Just try to be respectful and don't troll people with items (i.e. a toilet or trash items). How many gifts you do is up to you, but I think a general rule to go by is plan to gift as many as you plan to receive.
  • Check back anywhere between the 18th and 24th to interact with others on exchanging gifts and seeing their areas. Whether you want to be active in this topic with others up to then is up to you and okay either way.
  • When the event is officially active, you should simply post the form at the end of this topic indicating to others you want to receive presents at your town. Not required - If you want to attach a photo of your completed decorated area with it that way we can see everyone's areas even if we don't get to be your santa.
  • Others will pm you directly to deliver and you will pm others directly if you want to deliver while the event is active.
  • If a visitor, you'll go to drop off your present under the tree of the person you pm.
  • If a host, you'll open your town and lead your "santa" to your area so they can drop off the present under your tree.
  • Save your gifts under your tree till the 25th if you'd like. If you don't wish to celebrate opening them that's fine too. However, feel free to come back after the 24th and share a photo with your gift opening if you'd like. :)
General Rules:
  • Be kind - All of tbt's rules apply
  • Respect other's towns when visiting and viewing people's displays (ask beforehand if they have any considerations if you are unsure about what you can and cannot do)
  • Credit your "santas" in your post - You don't have to specifically name people but simply the number of santas you've had is fine. That way we know who may be okay on gifts and who may need more to reach out.
Form for event (don't post your form till the event start):

Character Name:
Town:
Availability:

Current number of Santas (update the number as you go):
Festive area photo (optional):

As always, if you have any questions or feel there's anything I missed or should add...feel free to pm me, I'll try to respond as quickly as possible.

Last edited:
I’ll definitely be participating when I can, since it lines up perfectly with my winter break!

Also, I’d be willing to help with anyone who needs a festive tree to decorate with, since I have all three festive tree sizes in my diy learn set. I do have schoolwork until the 10th, though, so I might not always be available.

Yay! It's here! I'd like to help as well. At a quick glance, I believe that I have the complete Festive furniture series, the Frozen series, Toy Day toys, and sets of stockings. Here's what else I can craft or obtain. I'll update the clothes section later tonight.

My list (please sort by alphabetical, it's out of order)

So yeah, PM or reply here if you need anything from there. Just keep in mind that during my work days I can trade between 7-9 am PST or 9 pm-12 am PST. I'm available all day during my days off.

Sounds fun. I'm looking forward to it.

In terms of helping with decorations, if anyone needs the cool Set of Stockings I have that style. I'm happy to let anyone catalogue it.

Reactions: meo
Here's my catalog for anyone as well.
You can use the sort options to narrow down by crafting/category/etc.

I am EST timezone. My semester ends the 18th, so I may be a little less active up to then. But I'll do my best to help where possible, just send me a pm. :) I have most the festive DIYS so I can help craft as well if you have the mats. <3 I might have some extra mats, I did TT to the 15th to see how hard it was to get the ornaments...and the good news is the trees seem to drop a lot (I got two stacks of each color just shaking every tree on one day). But I'll try to TT to save up more for those that may not have many pine lighted trees.

Last edited:
Thank you so much @meo for organizing this exciting exchange!
Looking forward to playing Santa and receiving gifts!
I am off this week so using that time to TT and get lots of ornaments, and decorate my island with festive items. I will put extra effort on decorating the area with the festive tree and surrounding presents. <3
Until the actual event happens, I can also help people craft the festive recipes (I have them all) whenever possible (I am mostly available on evenings EST). I can share my ornaments if people don't have enough or any, to craft their items.
If anyone is interested, quote me here so I get a notification and don't miss your reply. If you think I still missed your reply, you can PM me too.

Last edited:
Thank you for setting this up, @meo! I'll participate whenever I can; giving people gifts brings me a lot of joy. 😊 I don't time-travel, but I can help out with crafting Festive recipes once cedar trees start dropping ornaments on the 15th. I am typically available Monday through Thursday during the evening and most of the day on Saturday and Sunday.

I'm so excited to join that my poor villagers have been forced to move to a sequestered mountain so I can build a tree shrine near the main plaza. My decorating skills are weak, so I'm traveling as much as possible around other islands for inspiration. This is going to be great!

Yay! It's here! I'd like to help as well. At a quick glance, I believe that I have the complete Festive furniture series, the Frozen series, Toy Day toys, and sets of stockings. Here's what else I can craft or obtain. I'll update the clothes section later tonight.

My list (please sort by alphabetical, it's out of order)

So yeah, PM or reply here if you need anything from there. Just keep in mind that during my work days I can trade between 7-9 am PST or 9 pm-12 am PST. I'm available all day during my days off.
It's such a great idea! I'd love a big festive tree for that

awww thanks for setting this up!
I think I saw this on another post and its such a heart warming thing to do 🥺

Wow, this is a great idea. I’ll definitely be participating, I just need to find a tree somehow lol. It lines up perfectly with my winter break!

Wow, this is a great idea. I’ll definitely be participating, I just need to find a tree somehow lol. It lines up perfectly with my winter break!
I have a big festive tree ready for you....unless you would like the medium size (festive tree). That's ok too.

I would love to do this! I need a festive tree to put the gifts though.
I can make you a festive tree:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back