Indigo Mushroom Lamp
Shiitake Plushroom
Viridis Mushroom Lamp
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Final Boss Bunny Balloon
Hot Bunny Balloon
Pink Bunny Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Entertainment in the U.S. doesn't seem to be prioritizing quality, and stars weird people I'd rather not watch anymore. Most of the current actors I can think of seem like plants, as in they didn't earn their audience.

I'd like to branch out, but I'm not sure how. Aside from anime, I have a few live action movies Funimation happened to dub years ago.

I branch out from things I like into new, interesting things by reading Wikipedia articles on them. Sort of like, investigating/researching into your interests to dig out something new, you know? 🎲💡

i dont watch them anymore, but korean dramas are really captivating to watch. a lot of them are based around romance but you can find some that arent. Extraordinary Attorney Woo is really good.

I've enjoyed foreign media/entertainment to some extent since I was a child. For context, I'm from the US, so foreign to me would be anything not from the US. My Neighbor Totoro was one of my favorite movies as a child, and I also loved watching Pokémon. There were also Canadian and British shows I liked, like The Big Comfy Couch and Thomas & Friends. The Big Comfy Couch was one of my favorite shows when I was really little. And of course there have always been British, Canadian, Australian, etc. singers that I've enjoyed.

As a preteen/teen/adult, I started to enjoy even more foreign media. I got more into manga and anime in middle school, and then in high school I started to get into Kpop and Korean shows. My first favorite Kpop group was SHINee and then Exo. I ended up listening to a lot of Korean music though, not even just Kpop. As for shows, I mostly watched variety shows like Running Man, Crime Scene, New Journey to the West, Hello Counselor, Star Golden Bell, Omniscient Interfering View, Abnormal Summit, and so on. I did watch some Kdramas here and there, such as Sky Castle, but I didn't finish any of them. I also watched some British shows during this time, such as Doctor Who, Sherlock, Father Brown, etc. I kind of took a break from Korean media for awhile, although I did still listen to songs here and there, but I recently watched the newest season of Crime Scene.

During the time I was really into Korean media, I ended up learning some Korean, which sparked my interest in language learning as a whole. This led to me dabbling in a couple other languages for a bit, most notably Russian and Arabic. I didn't retain much of either language, aside from some basic Russian and the ability to read the Cyrillic alphabet. But the point is that during this time I did listen to a fair amount of Russian and Arabic music. I didn't really make it to the point of watching shows or anything more than YouTube videos and podcasts designed for learners though.

As for now, I've been learning Spanish since last year, and I've made much better progress with Spanish. I was already listening to Spanish-language music even before I started learning, but I've definitely upped the amount I listen to since then. I've also recently started to watch native speaker content in Spanish, mostly YouTubers who do travel, video game, animated, or language learning/linguistic content. A few examples are Ary Tenorio, Linguriosa, and Dreamau. I've also been watching Taskmaster, which is a British show. I also still read manga and watch anime on occasion, and I listen to music from various languages.

Also I now realize that aside from manga, I completely forgot to talk about books. I've read a few books in Korean, and of course I've read many books that were written by authors from various countries and translated from various languages into English. Not to mention the literature from other countries that have English as their native language as well, of which I've definitely read a large amount. I would like to try to start reading some easier Spanish texts soon

Entertainment is such a broad category. Because there's so much content there's a lot of trash and it doesn't matter what the country of origin is.

I like some American media but most of it I don't care for. I prefer TV series over movies but I'm a lot pickier with TV series than I'm with movies since they need more time investment.

For foreign media I just try to find like top 10/20 lists of the category or genre and watch a bit of the ones that stand out to me.

Entertainment is such a broad category. Because there's so much content there's a lot of trash and it doesn't matter what the country of origin is.

I like some American media but most of it I don't care for. I prefer TV series over movies but I'm a lot pickier with TV series than I'm with movies since they need more time investment.

For foreign media I just try to find like top 10/20 lists of the category or genre and watch a bit of the ones that stand out to me.
I could narrow it down to movies and music. There used to be clips from a show maybe called Aku-un, featuring a group called Kat-tun. I'm guessing that was taken down after the group line-up changed.

To me US entertainment is foreign entertainment, but I rarely watch it. I watched Stranger Things though. I don't watch local entertainment, sometimes it comes to a point where you feel you saw everything and everything else is just a remake. Like the creators sized what people liked and redo the same thing over and over again.

Back