• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Forest of the Lustrous - Ended!!!

9atp4SE.jpg

Hope this looks alright, I forgot to sign it until the end so I quickly scribbled before uploading haha

This was going to just be a normal piece, but it sort of took a left turn as I was working on it.

I recently started listening to Conan O'Brien's podcast since I used to like watching his late night shows before he left television, so I had him on the brain. When making color selections for the gyroids, I tried making the Dootoid orange since it was one of the colors I hadn't really used in the coloring yet. The podcast stuff, in combination with the orange color, made me think "Hey, the top of the Dootoid's head sort of looks like Conan's hair." So I undid my progress and turned the Dootoid into a Conan O'Brienoid. Then, it just felt appropriate to turn the Arfoid into Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

So yeah, here's my weird thing.

qxTtuxR.png

Back