• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Games You Regret Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's not bad, but I kind of dislike the idea of connection orb. I mean, it's cool in general but it would've been nicer if they still had the bulletin board. I loved checking for random missions and finding some obscure ones. The randomness of the first two games is what really gave it a mysterious, surprising feel, I enjoyed that aspect. But PSMD, despite being a great game, just lacks a bit in that department, it feels too... structured? I am not sure how to describe that. And why for the love of god did they have to take away the ability to nickname Pokemon? That just makes me feel like my 2 main ones are out of place and I don't feel encouraged to play anything besides those 2.

Also the storyline was painful, I just wanted to get over with it ASAP. The endgame is very nice, though.
Yeah the orb makes the games progress very linear, but at the same time it was really fun to get all the pokemon in it. Prob would not go and do it again though. So I don't really mind the orb too much, but the fact that there was no actual bulletin board did suck. I really miss grinding quests to obtain items, now I can just buy all the reviver seeds with gold from rank ups, so yeah it is a bit too structured and lacks the rng.

And yeah the story was really bad, it's weird how they decided to go toddler level with the whole preschool drama nonsense, but I still absolutely love the game. The gameplay of it matches the PMD feel while adding a bit more to it and I was really craving for some new pmd gameplay. Replaying the same games gets boring eventually. I also like how you can actually 100% the game now, even though it makes the game a bit too structured.

The new(ish) Digimon game for Vita. I played it like once or twice and got bored. I love Digimon but it just wasn't what I was wanting. I regret buying the Vita as a whole, I wish I had waited a little longer and just bought a PS4 haha.

Here comes another one, courtesy of being bugged by my friend to buy it but I regret buying Golf With Your Friends because it lags and crashes and is overall a pile of ****.

Persona Q. The dungeons and map-making are horrid. Can't bring myself to play it at all.

Fire Emblem: Awakening. I couldn't get into it since it was basically all fighting
And Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D

Last edited:
Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion.
When I saw this game I thought it would be a fun 3D game that involved painting and Mickey Mouse (I'm a Disney fan!) and it also had some sort of puzzle feel to it but nope, instead it was a 2D game that I didn't play long enough to even remember what to do. I lost interest very quickly.

Fire Emblem: Awakening. I couldn't get into it since it was basically all fighting
And Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D

Yeah I never liked Awakening but surprisingly enough I love Fates/Birthright loads.
And yeah the RCT3 games were disappointing, the two first games were literally my childhood and that one came along and crashed it lol.

A little while ago I regretted buying Bravely Default, but I recently picked it up again and I've been having a really good time with it. That being said, the late-game content gets a little stale (though the final boss battles are AWESOME). Might try the sequel sometime soon...

I was really expecting to see something here today about Mighty No. 9...

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. I love love LOVE Harvest Moon, but this one just didn't do it for me. I was extremely excited when it was first announced, and in the end, the three years wait for Eur version killed my interest completely. When I finally got the game, the tutorials were so extremely long and boring, and I can't play past the first 15 days. Doesn't help that I don't like the overall aesthetic of the game and characters as well... I'm just glad Story of Seasons fixed the problem for me :blush:

The other one would be Alpha Sapphire. I was never interested in Hoenn in the first place, but picked the game up anyway just for the heck of it. I ended up playing it until just before getting the starter and never continued lol. I ended up giving the game to my friend, so all is well I guess?

Yeah I never liked Awakening but surprisingly enough I love Fates/Birthright loads.
And yeah the RCT3 games were disappointing, the two first games were literally my childhood and that one came along and crashed it lol.

A fan of RCT2, in this forum? That's my favorite game ever!

To answer the thread, the worst game I bought recently is Mario Party: Island Tour. I have NO idea why I bought this. I played it for 3 hours, and never touched it after. It just made me realize the best Mario Party games are on the N64/GC and that these games will never be surpassed.

Nintendo, can I get a refund please...

probably paper mario
i can't even pass the first part and i refuse to look up any walk throughs

probably paper mario
i can't even pass the first part and i refuse to look up any walk throughs

I assume you mean Sticker Star? Sticker Star was honestly ridiculous in that it is almost inevitable that you'll need to use a walkthrough at some point to proceed. Stickers/"Things" needed to advance the game can be hidden in the most random places, and sometimes the solution to a puzzle just seems to not follow any kind of pre-established logic. That was one of my major issues with the game.

I bought Little Battlers Experience a while ago and I wish I hadn't bothered. Played it a bit but I haven't touched it for nearly a year. It's not a bad game, just really not my thing.

Last edited:
A fan of RCT2, in this forum? That's my favorite game ever!

To answer the thread, the worst game I bought recently is Mario Party: Island Tour. I have NO idea why I bought this. I played it for 3 hours, and never touched it after. It just made me realize the best Mario Party games are on the N64/GC and that these games will never be surpassed.

Nintendo, can I get a refund please...

HELL YES RCT2 FOR LIFE -heavy breaths-

Gah, yes that second game is/was too fun. I need to make it work again hnng best game ever.. Well back in the days it was :p And yes I loved the GCN Mario Party games they are the **** man

Back on topic... idek if I posted it already but pretty much any Phoenix Wright game. I mean Dual Destinies was actually well-made but it's kinda annoying if you suck at these logical games and need to sit with a walkthrough whenever there is a trial rather on focusing enjoying it.

Last edited:
HELL YES RCT2 FOR LIFE -heavy breaths-

Gah, yes that second game is/was too fun. I need to make it work again hnng best game ever.. Well back in the days it was :p And yes I loved the GCN Mario Party games they are the **** man

Back on topic... idek if I posted it already but pretty much any Phoenix Wright game. I mean Dual Destinies was actually well-made but it's kinda annoying if you suck at these logical games and need to sit with a walkthrough whenever there is a trial rather on focusing enjoying it.

I hope you're able to make it work again! BTW, if you want to learn about OpenRCT2, you can PM me. ;)

Sims: The Urbz for ds :( I thought it would be like the gamecube version but it's absolutely horrible. And the dialogue/options are terrible and poorly written.

Hmmm, GTA San Andreas on my phone, thought it would run but it didn't.
Mario Golf (or whatever it's called)
and probably Zelda. Never got into it that much, not really my type of game.

I regret Dragon Quest, forgot which one, but it was so complicated for someone at my age that time it bursted my head open. The World Ends With You is a surprisingly unpopular game, but it still is complicated for me. Sims game, where they literally have to use the restroom every 2 seconds so I let them pee on the ground so it'll reset. Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back