• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Genshin Impact

I’m thinking of looking into downloading this game and was wondering if anyone could tell me what they like about the game, and if they have any tips what to do or not to do, who are good units, or anything else (personal opinions/recommendations)?. I do plan on looking up some guides, so I am not asking for an explanation on everything; saying this since the last time I asked for tips on something, I was told to look it up myself. Sill haven’t decided yet if I want to try it. I get overwhelmed by the guides with how much info they have so just wanted ask here for a few pointers or recommendations.

I did read some of the earlier posts :) and found them helpful.

Last edited:
I’m thinking of looking into downloading this game and was wondering if anyone could tell me what they like about the game, and if they have any tips what to do or not to do, who are good units, or anything else (personal opinions/recommendations)?. I do plan on looking up some guides, so I am not asking for an explanation on everything; saying this since the last time I asked for tips on something, I was told to look it up myself. Sill haven’t decided yet if I want to try it. I get overwhelmed by the guides with how much info they have so just wanted ask here for a few pointers or recommendations.

One thing I find would be very helpful for any new player would be to get his/her stamina as high as possible as early as possible through collecting anemoculus and upgrading the statue of the fallen. This also gives a ton of primogems that can be used for character event wishes. It takes several hours but it is so worth it and there are many player-made maps that help pinpoint their exact location. Stamina is incredibly valuable when it comes to both travel and battles because the character can pull off more combo attacks in a row w/o getting tired. I've unfortunately been putting this off myself but now with harder bosses and a stamina hungry-main like Razor, I feel the need to go back and take my own advice XD

Make sure to pin the anemoculus locations whether you wish to use a player-made map or find them yourself once you find each one, since their locations never change and one will never respawn in said location. :)

One thing I find would be very helpful for any new player would be to get his/her stamina as high as possible as early as possible through collecting anemoculus and upgrading the statue of the fallen. This also gives a ton of primogems that can be used for character event wishes. It takes several hours but it is so worth it and there are many player-made maps that help pinpoint their exact location. Stamina is incredibly valuable when it comes to both travel and battles because the character can pull off more combo attacks in a row w/o getting tired. I've unfortunately been putting this off myself but now with harder bosses and a stamina hungry-main like Razor, I feel the need to go back and take my own advice XD

Make sure to pin the anemoculus locations whether you wish to use a player-made map or find them yourself once you find each one, since their locations never change and one will never respawn in said location. :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! I appreciate it very much. I will definitely make sure to do that :)

Looks like I made the wrong move making Traveller my main damage dealer. I'll switch to Razor until I can work up my wishes to have a nice supportive team or simply get a better five star (I have zero rn).
There isn’t really a right or wrong way to play the game if you’re simply playing to enjoy! My friend who is now a meta player used to main the Traveller for so long too and got through most of the story, so it’s no problem at all :) There’s a very famous Genshin player named bwaap who quite literally has a loaded team of the free characters (Traveller, Amber, Lisa, Kaeya) and even got through most of the Spiral Abyss with them. They have one of the best meta characters in the game (Ganyu) and benched her at level 1. Quite the madman but as I said, there’s really no ”wrong move” if you‘re not a hardcore meta player.

I too was disheartened when I didn’t have a 5-star character, believe it or not I got my first one (Diluc) at AR 38! And even then I benched him for the meantime because I liked my 4-star characters better. I’ll be building him some day but I’m still sticking with building my main Yanfei because I love her tons.

What I love most about Genshin is that you can take your time to explore the world and the stories. It may be a gacha game at the end of the day, but the storyline and the characters don’t disappoint! If you’re new then I suggest taking things one at a time, you don’t have to maximize your team and get straight into the meta right away. I personally take my time to do the quests and stuff, if I just don‘t feel like it then I’ll put it off for the meantime.

That being said, I just want to share my favorite guide if you’re looking to build your team later on! It shows you the build you need for the recommended roles per character (DPS or main damage dealer, sub-DPS or your second-in-lines/elemental set-up people, and support or your shielders/healers).
It’s pretty handy for later on in the game, especially when you understand most of the mechanics already. But again, don’t stress out on the meta if you’re just starting! A lot of the quality stuff for team building (i.e. 5-star artifacts) can only be farmed very late into the game. I don’t have a beginner’s guide for team building so you do have to look into it yourself, but in general I just search up posts and comments on Reddit. :) The discussion on there is very useful!

Personal opinion: people are sleeping on Noelle. Noelle is a very beginner-friendly ‘free’ character, and I’ve used her throughout the main storyline. While she hits just okay for a DPS, her usefulness lies in her shield which also lets her heal teammates if she does damage with a shield on!

There isn’t really a right or wrong way to play the game if you’re simply playing to enjoy! My friend who is now a meta player used to main the Traveller for so long too and got through most of the story, so it’s no problem at all :) There’s a very famous Genshin player named bwaap who quite literally has a loaded team of the free characters (Traveller, Amber, Lisa, Kaeya) and even got through most of the Spiral Abyss with them. They have one of the best meta characters in the game (Ganyu) and benched her at level 1. Quite the madman but as I said, there’s really no ”wrong move” if you‘re not a hardcore meta player.

I too was disheartened when I didn’t have a 5-star character, believe it or not I got my first one (Diluc) at AR 38! And even then I benched him for the meantime because I liked my 4-star characters better. I’ll be building him some day but I’m still sticking with building my main Yanfei because I love her tons.

What I love most about Genshin is that you can take your time to explore the world and the stories. It may be a gacha game at the end of the day, but the storyline and the characters don’t disappoint! If you’re new then I suggest taking things one at a time, you don’t have to maximize your team and get straight into the meta right away. I personally take my time to do the quests and stuff, if I just don‘t feel like it then I’ll put it off for the meantime.

That being said, I just want to share my favorite guide if you’re looking to build your team later on! It shows you the build you need for the recommended roles per character (DPS or main damage dealer, sub-DPS or your second-in-lines/elemental set-up people, and support or your shielders/healers).
It’s pretty handy for later on in the game, especially when you understand most of the mechanics already. But again, don’t stress out on the meta if you’re just starting! A lot of the quality stuff for team building (i.e. 5-star artifacts) can only be farmed very late into the game. I don’t have a beginner’s guide for team building so you do have to look into it yourself, but in general I just search up posts and comments on Reddit. :) The discussion on there is very useful!

Personal opinion: people are sleeping on Noelle. Noelle is a very beginner-friendly ‘free’ character, and I’ve used her throughout the main storyline. While she hits just okay for a DPS, her usefulness lies in her shield which also lets her heal teammates if she does damage with a shield on!

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. 🙏

It looks like my phone can’t handle Genshin. It is lagging through the first cutscene. I am due to getting a new phone soon, but not sure if with three other gacha games downloaded if I will just run into storage space issue again and this lag. I’m a bit bummed since I was really looking forward to trying this.

It looks like my phone can’t handle Genshin. It is lagging through the first cutscene. I am due to getting a new phone soon, but not sure if with three other gacha games downloaded if I will just run into storage space issue again and this lag. I’m a bit bummed since I was really looking forward to trying this.
No problem! I'm not an expert at Genshin but I'm glad I could help in any way ❤
Have you tried lowering the video quality and stuff in the settings? It might help. :)

Have you tried lowering the video quality and stuff in the settings? It might help. :)

Ah thanks again 🙏! I’ll try that. I honestly did not think of that 😅. I didn’t think I had the option to access the settings until after the opening cutscene.

Phones tend to not run games very well imo especially big open-world games likes Genshin Impact and WOW. There are however phones specifically designed for gaming. They can be a bit pricy compared to regular phones I'd imagine but could be a good investment if you do this sort of thing a lot. :D They of course can do everything a regular phone can while also playing games at a clear and crisp performance rate. I don't own a gaming phone myself so I unfortunately can't say for certain which one is the best but I'm sure youtubers and a quick google search can help with this.

I was wishing on the weapon banner today literally because I just needed more Mora (lol), and look what I got!

lRPKgl4.jpg

I’m going to be giving this sword to Kazuha, and Qiqi will get the Aquila Favonia sword that he has equipped currently. That way they can both get really strong. Speaking of getting strong, take a look at my Kazuha and Diluc right now (this is without any food items) 👀

rAfbFrJ.jpg

7QJtJD8.jpg

Lastly, all of my first party members are up to level 70 now. It’s going to be a long road to 80, and then eventually 90, but I can’t wait to see how much stronger they’ll become with enhanced five star weapons and the right artifacts. :D

1W5CM0p.jpg

There was no way to adjust the settings before the first cutscene. since i am not sure if there is a way to view past cutscenes, i ended up uninstalling it for now and just hope my next phone—even with the same apps I use now, that I can play it with no lag issues.

Does anyone else only play Genshin on PC? My phone would probably run it but honestly, the combat feels better to me with my mouse and keyboard (though I have some friends that preferred an Xbox controller). Being able to lower the world rating was a godsend and kept me in the game longer. I'm hoping the rumor of Dainsleif eventually being playable is true.

I've been having fun with Kazuha since he's released and now he's almost Level 90 with 8/8/8 talents. I tried to change up my teams for the abyss and Kazuha fit really nicely. The Mono Pyro comp for him is really strong and can shred the Lectors shields very fast with 30-40 second clears on the last chamber.

received_3038064829751663.jpeg

I made it to pity on the permanent banner, and look what I got!

Uke4O0S.jpg

Kind of odd that I would get a weapon featured in the weapon banner on the permanent banner, but it makes sense. Now I have no reason to make any more wishes, so it’s time to start saving up primogems again. :giggle:

Here’s an update on my first party team’s stats. I gave the Aquila Favonia sword to Qiqi, and the Freedom-Sworn sword is now level 70 and was given to Kazuha. Other than that, I made sure to enhance Klee’s weapon (Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds) and level it up to 70 as well.

cDRFr2e.jpg

i4Rlpwt.jpg

6VkG82W.jpg

xHAlUQk.jpg

When I next play I’ll be doing the new Archon quest(s) since I haven’t started those yet. Looking forward to it! :)

I did my dailies for today, and then spammed the domain that has the Witches set (for Klee) because I had over 20 resin consumables, and just hit AR 50! :D

mUUM6Ns.jpg

Not going to ascend my world level yet. I need to get all of my characters and their weapons to level 80 as well as the right artifacts for them. But it’s nice to know I’m only 10 levels away from my goal of maxing out in Genshin Impact!

So my boyfriend started playing Genshin today.

image0.png

...and he’s not my boyfriend anymore ☺️ (I’m just kidding). Though, a few non-hostile cuss words may have been said (by me) when he was streaming his beginner’s wishes and the shooting star turned gold. He was absolutely confused by what had happened lol; in general he was just really happy to have new characters to play and seemed to really like Keqing.

I just finished the Teapot quest, and woah… holy crap. Does anyone else here besides myself just LOVE the housing feature in this game? I feel like there’s so many possible ways you could decorate your home. I chose the Cool Isle option for my realm style, and I’ll probably keep it that way. My companion there is summer Jean :ROFLMAO:

I really hope they expand upon this feature in the future as I love it when games include things like this, and it being in Genshin Impact gives you more things to do in the game than there already were. :D

I just finished the Teapot quest, and woah… holy crap. Does anyone else here besides myself just LOVE the housing feature in this game? I feel like there’s so many possible ways you could decorate your home. I chose the Cool Isle option for my realm style, and I’ll probably keep it that way. My companion there is summer Jean :ROFLMAO:

I really hope they expand upon this feature in the future as I love it when games include things like this, and it being in Genshin Impact gives you more things to do in the game than there already were. :D
I love the housing feature and as you level up your trust tank you unlock more of the domain. I'm in the waterfalls and it's HUGE.

So my boyfriend started playing Genshin today.

image0.png

...and he’s not my boyfriend anymore ☺ (I’m just kidding). Though, a few non-hostile cuss words may have been said (by me) when he was streaming his beginner’s wishes and the shooting star turned gold. He was absolutely confused by what had happened lol; in general he was just really happy to have new characters to play and seemed to really like Keqing.
So you know how I posted my boyfriend’s first beginner banner pull and he got keqing?
Well here’s his second beginner banner pull. Oh my god.

image0.png

I cannot be joking, his character roster is just the free characters plus two 5-stars. 😭😭😭 At this point I’m going to give my account to him and let him pull my wishes. 😭

image0.png

Back