• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Glitches from the Adoption of Villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd update.

Friend with the glitched plot kept TTing forward and the plot did eventually reset itself and Diana was fully gone. So, good news for those that may be worried about it being there forever...possibly bad news for anyone hoping the villager might be recovered.

How far ahead did it require to go before it fixed?

Everyone if you get the moved sign in door glitch you can time travel to remove it back to empty plot(yes you lose whoever it was ) (no I don’t know a certain number of times you have to TT but have had it happened multiple times since I had paid for said villager an the seller was decent enough to keep trying ) FYI

I recently bought ankha from someone for 100nmt. I went to speak with her and she said she’d move into my town. When I returned to my town to check the plot it said audie was going to move instead?? Weirded out I TT a day forward to see if ankha would move in and to see if it was just a text glitch but no. Audie house appears instead on my map and her empty house reads “moved out”
Post automatically merged:

I recently bought ankha from someone for 100nmt. I went to speak with her and she said she’d move into my town. When I returned to my town to check the plot it said audie was going to move instead?? Weirded out I TT a day forward to see if ankha would move in and to see if it was just a text glitch but no. Audie house appears instead on my map and her empty house reads “moved out”
Has anyone else experienced that weird of a glitch? I feel like mine is the worst one I read

Has anyone else experienced that weird of a glitch? I feel like mine is the worst one I read

No, many have reported this.

I’m guessing it doesn’t effect everyone cause I still see ambiio trades on here an no1 saying anything negative

Where a completely different villagers house moved in instead? Strange. I hope they patch it soon

Yep. I had someone come for Francine and leave with Bruce moving into their plot and having the moved out glitch.

I’m guessing it doesn’t effect everyone cause I still see ambiio trades on here an no1 saying anything negative

It's not Amiibos only, and it's definitely random, I'm noticing. Received two villagers fine, kicked out three amiibos fine, had two Amiibos glitch. And on the other hand, my bro has had Stitches from the mystery islands he was hopping glitch out.

Update: after hours of TT I got the empty house to disappear. I kept going forward one day individually for about a month

I recently got Octavian from an acquaintance, but I've got a different glitch. He successfully came to my town the next day, and I went to go visit him. I talked to him, and he was in the house, saying he was getting unpacked. I was like, "Cool, he's here with no issues."
I get on my game the day after that, and his house is no longer there. The plot is empty, and there's no sign of him ever being there. It just says, 'plot available.'

Has anyone else had this glitch? I am not sure what I'm supposed to do.

I recently got Octavian from an acquaintance, but I've got a different glitch. He successfully came to my town the next day, and I went to go visit him. I talked to him, and he was in the house, saying he was getting unpacked. I was like, "Cool, he's here with no issues."
I get on my game the day after that, and his house is no longer there. The plot is empty, and there's no sign of him ever being there. It just says, 'plot available.'

Has anyone else had this glitch? I am not sure what I'm supposed to do.

Unfortunately it just sounds like your glitched plot emptied faster than others'. The only thing to do, honestly, is find another villager. Sorry to hear that. ):

If you force out a glitched "I've moved out" villager from your island via amiibo does that villager go to your void and thus able to be void-adopted?

If you force out a glitched "I've moved out" villager from your island via amiibo does that villager go to your void and thus able to be void-adopted?

I think they're void adoptable regardless of whether or not they're forced out. i can't be positive because he glitched on both my friends, but I got Genji, gave him to one friend. He got the moved out glitch, and then after my friend visited our other mutual friend, she had Genji thinking he was a random move in ( which IS still possible ), but then her Genji also got the moved out glitch.

I still had him in my town from the amiibo cards when they both visited, so I can't be sure. ):

Hi! im doing a trade for Raymond and the seller told me he's been kicked out via amiibo;; is it safe to trade?

I think they're void adoptable regardless of whether or not they're forced out. i can't be positive because he glitched on both my friends, but I got Genji, gave him to one friend. He got the moved out glitch, and then after my friend visited our other mutual friend, she had Genji thinking he was a random move in ( which IS still possible ), but then her Genji also got the moved out glitch.

I still had him in my town from the amiibo cards when they both visited, so I can't be sure. ):

Thank you for the context!
I want to save my glitched villager (Sherb) and was hoping to let my friend void-adopt him by kicking Sherb out using an amiibo. That would free up my house plot while also keeping Sherb alive with someone I trust to hopefully get him back later.

In theory that should work but I don't know if anyone has tried this already.

Hi! im doing a trade for Raymond and the seller told me he's been kicked out via amiibo;; is it safe to trade?

He may or may not, there's no rhyme or reason to this glitch, unfortunately. Considering he's already packed, he's either going to safely make it or be voided. I'd ask if they'll be willing to refund you if he doesn't make it to your town.

Thank you for the context!
I want to save my glitched villager (Sherb) and was hoping to let my friend void-adopt him by kicking Sherb out using an amiibo. That would free up my house plot while also keeping Sherb alive with someone I trust to hopefully get him back later.

In theory that should work but I don't know if anyone has tried this already.

I don't know if he would actually safely move out or if he'd just break like my friend's did.
To give a better explanation:

I scanned in Genji. I kicked Genji out, and Iza came to adopt him.
Iza adopted him, and then immediately got the moved out glitch.
With him still in his glitched out house due to her having no amiibos, she visited Saga to adopt Vesta with a different open plot.
Saga later realized she has Genji.
Saga's Genji also suddenly turned into a moved out glitch case.

They both now have a glitched Genji plot.

So if your friend is willing to take the risk of getting the glitch, I'd say it oesn't hurt to try.

I adopted Marshal yesterday. I will update my progress for the following days to see if he's a glitched villager or not.

Day 0 (4/12)Marshal's name in on the empty plot. Didn't do anymore online play.
Day 1(4/13): I'm able to enter his house and talked to him. Again, didn't do any online play.

I hope this fixed soon because I want to find my other remaining villagers.

I adopted Marshal yesterday. I will update my progress for the following days to see if he's a glitched villager or not.

Day 0 (4/12)Marshal's name in on the empty plot. Didn't do anymore online play.
Day 1(4/13): I'm able to enter his house and talked to him. Again, didn't do any online play.

I hope this fixed soon because I want to find my other remaining villagers.

I got hit with the glitch too, and I think online play is something you need to avoid. Recruited Audie from a friend's town (day 0 4/12), everything looked OK up until I started going online again (day 1 4/12)... I have a feeling that interacting with other people (and their voids) triggers something. She got the plot on Day 0 fine and unpacking her boxes on Day 1 all OK. Then I visited a friend's town and also had someone visit me, at which point I noticed she glitched out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back