• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Glitches from the Adoption of Villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I experienced the glitch now too. Finally got rid of one of my unwanted villagers. Sylvia moved out just fine. The plot was empty. So I TT back to normal time and now Gruff lives in the house. I didn't ask him to move. I just started the game and he is unboxing. He must be from someones void. How can I get him to move again?
When you TT backwards, no matter how far in time, the game counts it as 1 day forward. I believe TT backwards may be contributing to some of these glitches, such as villagers keeping the same house exterior as the previous villager that lived in that same plot.

Somehow still not patched. They owe us so much for what we paid for this game and the number of glitches being reported. It's not even funny.

I got some amiibo recently, but I don't really want Apollo to move in until Nintendo releases a patch. I wish they could acknowledge this in some way :/
Edit: Then again in the world's current situation maybe the devs are literally unable to work on this, or maybe they are, idk.

Y'all, it's incredibly likely they are working on it, and AREN'T rushing an update so we don't yet again incur the wrath of yet another new glitch.

Please be patient; unless you code anything at all, you have no idea how easy it is to patch one bug and create five more by doing so. Especially when you don't work on the code alone by yourself. The more hands on one project that isn't being openly explained to every single person that touches it, the more difficult it is to understand why someone changed this, added that or removed those lines.

Not to mention earth day is on the 22nd, and they promised an event AND new features ( implied by dialogue, this may be the art gallery and the cafe ), so while it's understandable you're frustrated, you need to understand quick fixes are not the permanent solution and it's just going to keep happening until they hammer this smooth.

Patience.

Y'all, it's incredibly likely they are working on it, and AREN'T rushing an update so we don't yet again incur the wrath of yet another new glitch.

Please be patient; unless you code anything at all, you have no idea how easy it is to patch one bug and create five more by doing so. Especially when you don't work on the code alone by yourself. The more hands on one project that isn't being openly explained to every single person that touches it, the more difficult it is to understand why someone changed this, added that or removed those lines.

Not to mention earth day is on the 22nd, and they promised an event AND new features ( implied by dialogue, this may be the art gallery and the cafe ), so while it's understandable you're frustrated, you need to understand quick fixes are not the permanent solution and it's just going to keep happening until they hammer this smooth.

Patience.
Excellent points. I completely forgot about Earth Day, I wonder if that makes them feel more pressured to have this *and* the event ready to go. Can't be easy.

I'm definitely not wanting to hassle Nintendo, but I'm a little miffed that, where I am, their text and email lines are closed and they won't allow ticket submissions, so my only option if I want to report this is to call and sit on hold for however long. Just to make a bug report, it's a little excessive imo. That aside, though, I definitely sympathize with them; if they disabled half their support options, they must really be going through some ****.

Since everyone's sharing how they've come upon various glitches and what they're doing, here's what's going on with me: a friend invited a villager from her own campgrounds to her own town (no amiibo involved), which prompted her to kick a villager she knew I wanted (Static!). I popped over to talk to him, and thought it was a little weird because he kept giving me the resident services bit, but I didn't realize that was associated with moving glitches until I was looking it up afterward.

His house showed up at my island, but has said "I've moved out" despite me TTing back and forth day-by-day, then week-by-week, from the beginning of March to the end of April and back again in an attempt to get his plot to reset/empty itself. No campground villagers will visit my island now either, which is a bit annoying since some people have had success getting the plot to reset by inviting a campground villager into the glitched plot and I was looking forward to trying it myself :p But oh well.

Things like this happen. I'm not super heartbroken over it, just wish I could fix it myself rather than having to wait for the inevitable patch to set it right. I'm sure Nintendo knows and is working hard (why wouldn't they be? lol) - it must be just as frustrating for them not to have an answer as it is for us.

Pretty sure TTing to clear your void is not a thing in this game. I've voided quite a few villagers (and I TT like crazy), and almost every villager I've voided has been given to my boyfriend. Honestly the void in this game is a lot more annoying than the previous ones. 🙄

I second this idea, because I time traveled almost two weeks (IG) alone after a few (IRL) days without playing online. I had an empty plot so I went island hopping, but then I wanted to test and see what happens to the empty plot if you TT Backwards-- BAD IDEA, the plot was sold on the day i TT'd back to, to a friend's Keaton.
If there is a void, the villagers stay in there,, for at LEAST a week. (probably more, if not indefinitely.)

I hate hate hate this feature,,, Completely turns me off to online play tbh. I don't want peoples' unwanteds moving in, especially if they can now be glitched T_T

I just wanted to point people to a current fix for the "I've moved out" house issue. You will lose that villager but it has been shown to work.

Link to the PSA regarding I've moved out:
Link to the post that explains the steps (it's for kicking a villager out, but people have found out it works all the same for glitched plots):
I've yet to try it for myself because I'm busy until tomorrow but I will definitely give it a shot and see if it works.

Edit: From the comments it seems like if your "I've moved out" villager is the most recent to move in, you have to have somebody else move out first as it's highly unlikely (or impossible) that your latest villager will want to move out.

It seems like the way the glitch works is that when your glitched villager should have "moved out" it realizes it's a glitch and resets the plot.

Last edited:
Tried trading with someone who had a glitched Julian. I cane to talk to him, notice I could invite him multiple times so I did three times. The trader suddenly forced closed their game and when I asked why Raymond has suddenly moved out. They opened the game again and Raymond was not only still moved out but so was Julian. I checked my game and also tt a day forward and Julian did not join me...

Tried trading with someone who had a glitched Julian. I cane to talk to him, notice I could invite him multiple times so I did three times. The trader suddenly forced closed their game and when I asked why Raymond has suddenly moved out. They opened the game again and Raymond was not only still moved out but so was Julian. I checked my game and also tt a day forward and Julian did not join me...

If you were able to ask him that many times, then he would have glitched and never came anyway, so you would have lost him regardless.

I've been reading this thread for quite some time now, and I would like to know if the glitch could happen to me from getting a villager that was scanned in (via amiibo), but didn't kick anyone out (was scanned before getting 10 villagers). Said villager then decided to move out naturally. Is there an obvious risk for me to invite the villager that I am maybe overseeing ? I feel like this doesn't really fits into what everyone has been complaining about, so better be safe than sorry

I've been reading this thread for quite some time now, and I would like to know if the glitch could happen to me from getting a villager that was scanned in (via amiibo), but didn't kick anyone out (was scanned before getting 10 villagers). Said villager then decided to move out naturally. Is there an obvious risk for me to invite the villager that I am maybe overseeing ? I feel like this doesn't really fits into what everyone has been complaining about, so better be safe than sorry

Any villager being moved in from boxes from an online player is at risk of this. The amiibo aspect is irrelevant now unfortunately.

Any villager being moved in from boxes from an online player is at risk of this. The amiibo aspect is irrelevant now unfortunately.
Welp, at least the plot appears with the proper name. Wait and see tomorrow, and the day after I suppose ! Thank you for letting me know
Post automatically merged:

By fixing the glitch, it's said that you lose your villager, and get an empty spot back. Can you actually fill that spot up with the same villager ? Or is there some mechanics preventing a villager from joining your island again right away in this case ?

Last edited:
Welp, at least the plot appears with the proper name. Wait and see tomorrow, and the day after I suppose ! Thank you for letting me know
Post automatically merged:

By fixing the glitch, it's said that you lose your villager, and get an empty spot back. Can you actually fill that spot up with the same villager ? Or is there some mechanics preventing a villager from joining your island again right away in this case ?

Unlike NL I don't think there's a wait time between letting a villager go and getting the same one back. I've seen people sell Raymond for like 600 NMTs and get him back almost immediately within the day.

If you were able to ask him that many times, then he would have glitched and never came anyway, so you would have lost him regardless.
Yeah was not expecting him to come but surprised Raymond glitched while I was talking to Julian. So it resulted in two glitched villagers at a time, Raymond probably affected by Julian.

I just wanted to point people to a current fix for the "I've moved out" house issue. You will lose that villager but it has been shown to work.

Link to the PSA regarding I've moved out:
Link to the post that explains the steps (it's for kicking a villager out, but people have found out it works all the same for glitched plots):
I've yet to try it for myself because I'm busy until tomorrow but I will definitely give it a shot and see if it works.

Edit: From the comments it seems like if your "I've moved out" villager is the most recent to move in, you have to have somebody else move out first as it's highly unlikely (or impossible) that your latest villager will want to move out.

It seems like the way the glitch works is that when your glitched villager should have "moved out" it realizes it's a glitch and resets the plot.
I will try this!

Unlike NL I don't think there's a wait time between letting a villager go and getting the same one back. I've seen people sell Raymond for like 600 NMTs and get him back almost immediately within the day.

Can confirm this.
Gave Whitney to someone, then went on an expedition once her plot was empty, and on the 6th island, Whitney was there yet again, lol.

Now that I think about it, out of the 6 villagers I invited into my town this week, the ONLY one that glitched was MOLLY. And I think that has to do with the fact that when I was talking to her, I could invite her twice. I think the fact that I could invite her more than once suggests that she was already glitched, to begin with. Can someone please elaborate on this?

Now that I think about it, out of the 6 villagers I invited into my town this week, the ONLY one that glitched was MOLLY. And I think that has to do with the fact that when I was talking to her, I could invite her twice. I think the fact that I could invite her more than once suggests that she was already glitched, to begin with. Can someone please elaborate on this?

I'm not quite sure anyone would be really able to tell you why that's the case without being able to mine their save data and see what the code says in regards to the glitched villager, and even then it might not make sense to someone who didn't code the came.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back